Simple Decor Ideas for Children’s Rooms
Ideas

Simple Decor Ideas for Children’s Rooms

Advertising

Our children usually don’t have a say in the look of their rooms.  Nurseries are created before babies are born, and by time they do have a say, they’re moving off to college! Children’s wall colors and decor ideas have come a long way from the traditional pink and blue.  From gender neutral spaces to theme derived walls, here are simple décor ideas to decorate your children’s rooms.

COLORS: In homes today kid’s rooms don’t have to stick to the ordinary colors of generations past.  Gender neutral colors are becoming more popular and lend the opportunity for the space to become multifunctional.  Colors like sage green, yellow, red, and chocolate brown can be paired with neutrals white, black or tan to give a modern take on kid’s décor.   If you plan to have the room pair with another function, such as an office consider using colors that will not diminish either function. For example, consider pairing dark espresso wood furniture of both office and kids.  Then use matching colors in each area of the room. Patterns and materials can be diverse to differentiate the function and use of the space.  This technique ties the space together visually, and leaves the space enjoyable for kid and adult.

THEME INSPIRED: Kid’s rooms have always been a space where adults can let their creativity shine through.  Theme inspired bedroom are a nice way to let children have a place of their own and they can use their imagination to dream.  Theme inspired rooms can range from sports, hobbies, or whimsical fantasy lands.  Consider using wall murals, stickers, wallpaper, or fabric to bring the theme alive.

DO IT YOURSELF: Whether it is you grabbing a paint brush, or your kids grabbing a marker, do it yourself décor can save you money and feel rewarding when finished. Coloring book inspired wallpaper in black and white is available for children to color themselves! Painted murals on walls can be as intricate or simple as you like. A simple silhouette painted in a contrasting color to the wall can make the simplest room instantly have character.

SAVING MONEY: Decorating your kid’s room doesn’t have to cost you a fortune.  Similarly, to decorating in other rooms of your home, online classifieds are a perfect place to find good deals on furniture.  Also consider thrift stores and clearance areas of department stores! These places can be a gold mine. Often times mismatched bedding, and slightly imperfect room décor will make your kid’s room perfect.  Also consider antique stores for one-of-a-kind items.  Don’t like the color or finish? With a few simple tools, and a new can on paint or stain, you can breathe new life in to an old piece of furniture.

The opportunity to make your kid’s rooms memorable should be fun and stress free.  Freshome reader’s how have you decorated your kid’s room? Have any tips for saving money, or finding cool do it yourself projects to do?  Leave us your comments, someone can always benefit from them !

• kids_bold room
  • kids_painted images
  • kids_girls_embellished
  • kids_wall stickers
  • kids_bold-room-e1280112891699
  • kids_painted-images-e1280112959142
  • kids_girls_embellished-e1280113035763
  • kids_wall-stickers-e1280113111609

• StylePathEditor August 6, 2010 at 09:19 AM Login to Reply →

My 9 year old Zetta is soooo into orange right now, she would love Room #1 room! Thanks for sharing! Joanna

• RoniqueGibson August 6, 2010 at 16:01 PM Login to Reply →

Orange is so big right now in decor! From light orange to deep russet oranges! I’m glad you liked it, Go Zetta!

• Woodale Designs August 6, 2010 at 18:02 PM Login to Reply →

I love room #1 also. I think room #2 would be perfect for my 6 month old boy Jake. I have to say that the first room is beautiful and I adore the orange, it gives the room a quirky feel to it.

• Richa August 6, 2010 at 21:00 PM Login to Reply →

Such lovely whimsical rooms. I couldn’t decide which was my favorite. But my daughter would definitely love the first one.

• [...] Children’s wall colors and decor ideas have come a long way from the traditional pink and blue. From gender neutral spaces to theme derived walls, here are simple décor ideas to decorate your children’s rooms…Read More This Article [...]

• agus August 8, 2010 at 13:35 PM Login to Reply →

Beautiful Children’s Rooms

• wendy-liondance August 9, 2010 at 09:21 AM Login to Reply →

Children’s rooms are always surreal in my mind,and these designs prove this.

• [...] Decorar o quarto dos seus filhos não tem de custar uma fortuna. Da mesma forma, a decoração em outras divisões da sua casa, anúncios online são um lugar perfeito para encontrar bons negócios em móveis. Considere também brechós e áreas afastadas das lojas de departamento. Estes lugares podem ser uma mina de ouro. Considere também lojas de antiguidades. Com algumas ferramentas simples, você pode, fazer uma nova pintura ou manchas, pode ainda trazer uma nova vida para um velho pedaço de mobília. A oportunidade de fazer os quartos dos seus filhos memorável, deve ser divertida e sem stress. Deixe-nos os seus comentários, alguém sempre pode se beneficiar deles!………………………….. Mais [...]

• [...] Decoration used is simple enough, you can use a wall mural, stickers, wallpaper, or fabric to bring the themes of life that can be attached to the wall or ceiling. Your children can explore themselves. You simply provide a marker pen and paper so your children will mimic the existing image didindingnya. You do not need to worry if your child’s room walls will be dirty because now your kids can fly free in the natural mind. furniture used is the standard furniture with a material that is safe for your child. You must be clever set right what kind of furniture. Avoid tall furniture if your child has not felt able to master it because it will result in less good. if you find it difficult to determine your child’s room, kids room design examples can be a good idea for you. congratulations to explore with your child. Via… [...]

• Colleen September 3, 2010 at 22:41 PM Login to Reply →

I love the fourth room. My son is so into animals and the jungle, it would be just perfect for him. I’m assuming it is somewhat simple to accomplish too. I’m not sure whether those are decals on wall or what but I’m now seeing that something like that can really make a theme work without spending a fortune. The third one for some reason reminds me a bit of Alice in Wonderland. I think it’s neat but my daughter seems to be heading towards some kind of Tinkerbell bedroom decor. I think that’s kind of gaudy stuff from what I’ve seen around but, what do you say? She’s got her own ideas, which is good.

• James November 28, 2010 at 02:55 AM Login to Reply →

The pink room I think would be great for my daughter, I found this really cool pink pig that would go great with it. Here is the link you shouls check it out. Go to ebay and type in Decorative Shaped Area Rug-Piglet Pink Pig.

• bunk beds for kids June 4, 2011 at 11:05 AM Login to Reply →

I noticed the wall art in the room which has a very beautiful impact on the over all look of it. Some great inspirations in here. Great!