Living Large in a Small Apartment
Apartments

Living Large in a Small Apartment

For today we would like to show you a beautiful small apartment (61 sqare meters) located in Sweden. You are looking at a crib that is perfect for socializing but also for meditation in solitude. With wide and spacious interiors, this home looks very warm and inviting. The color palette is cheerful, yet subtle and tasteful. A large living room greets the guests with its homey feel: pillows on the floor, plenty of books to chose from. Due to the presence of many glazed windows, the boundary between inside and outside is minimal. I guess you could say that the main “attraction” of this small apartment is its stunning looking terrace, perfect for having friends over.

via Alvhem

• image_025
  • image_026
  • image_028
  • image_029
  • image_030
  • terrace

Collect this idea For today we would like to show you a beautiful small apartment (61 sqare meters) located in Sweden. You are looking at a crib that is perfect for socializing but also for meditation in solitude. With wide and spacious interiors, this home looks very warm and inviting. The color palette is cheerful, […]

" data-pin-do="buttonPin" data-pin-config="above">

• Rico June 14, 2010 at 03:48 AM Login to Reply →

wow! simply amazing! this is beautiful.I’m planning to take up interior design and I bacame more interested and inspired when I saw the pictures..Wow!

• john June 14, 2010 at 06:10 AM Login to Reply →

650 square feet is a decent size for one person living in an urban environment. It is very well done, but I couldn’t help but notice the tremendous amount of dead space between the living room and kitchen.
    It gives a great sight line to the terrace, but when you’re paying $400+ a square foot, every inch counts. I’d have placed the desk on the wall with the red painting and used that extra space for more living room seating.

• June June 14, 2010 at 12:39 PM Login to Reply →

is nice…

• Heti June 14, 2010 at 13:45 PM Login to Reply →

What does the G stand for in the plan of the house?

• ize June 15, 2010 at 00:04 AM Login to Reply →

Love it. Not sure about then pink couch.
    Scandinavians really love white.

• ComfyHeaven- Anita June 15, 2010 at 02:54 AM Login to Reply →

I love this images. the light airy feel and openness is just the look I am trying to achieve for my home. The way the bright colour of the cushion and sofa don’t over power but accent … love it !

• Melody June 15, 2010 at 19:12 PM Login to Reply →

I am loving all of the ideas about making the most out of your space! As a recent college graduate, and a recent hire of an intirior design firm, I am always on the look out for cute, functional, and stylish looks for small spaces and or for not a lot of money! Love that I found y’all, and that I found this blog! This has inspired me!

Feel free to check out my blog, too!

• dave June 15, 2010 at 21:42 PM Login to Reply →

The letter G in the plan for the apartment stands for “Garderob” in Swedish, meaning “Wardrobe” in English.

• Taruli June 16, 2010 at 09:49 AM Login to Reply →

can’t stop gasp …cantik banget…Really cool…small but Big…

• boxes for moving June 17, 2010 at 08:53 AM Login to Reply →

wow what can i say, this apartment is amazing! I wish i had the ideas and the knowledge to come up with a beautiful design for a place. Its amazing how minimalistic furniture and a pure white walls can make a place look so fresh and much bigger than it is!

I love it, wonder how much a place like this costs.

• Lightory June 17, 2010 at 11:47 AM Login to Reply →

The right lighting is the most important detail when you rearange an appartment. Excellent post!!!

• Kirpiks June 17, 2010 at 13:15 PM Login to Reply →

I love this place! especially the terrace and the colours used, it’s very inviting. But I think the kitchen size is too big for such a small apartment.

• [...] accents here and there.Check out the rest of the apartment, including its to-die-for terrace, at Freshome.  You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed. [...]

• SoOhCliche June 23, 2010 at 13:46 PM Login to Reply →

I’m loving those ideas ! So inspirational. My own appartment being pretty small this totally spoke to me :) Thank you !

• [...] living smaller than house, usually without any gardens in front of your door. If you want to find small apartment with big living, you can see here and you will feel comfort with it even you do not see it [...]

• [...] freshome. Tags: apartamentos, Casas, decoración, decoracion interior, estilo moderno Puedes seguir [...]

• [...] voire un peu trop pour tenir dans un 50m², mais ça commence à se recadrer après avoir vu cette photo d'appart. On veut de "l'épuré chargé", en gros du blanc partout mais avec plein de touches de [...]

• marie laure June 28, 2010 at 09:55 AM Login to Reply →

beautiful!!!!!

• anonymous July 15, 2010 at 15:09 PM Login to Reply →

absolutely beautiful, however calling this a small apartment is a bit of a stretch.

• Ricardo Robles July 15, 2010 at 17:38 PM Login to Reply →

small apartment? you should see mine!

it’s a really cool apartment, but I think it has too much white in it

• Wendy July 16, 2010 at 19:59 PM Login to Reply →

Nice place, but small? In my city this is massive, and I suspect it’s the same for many other cities in the world. I would love to see a truly small apartment done up, like 300 to 500 square feet (sorry, think in American measurements).

• MioMio July 16, 2010 at 21:43 PM Login to Reply →

….small?!
    it’s huge! with all that light too! I’d love to see what they consider a big apartment. A barn, maybe? :P Too much white though. If the floors were a bit darker, all that white would look more elegant and less like a hospital.

• Beth July 17, 2010 at 13:23 PM Login to Reply →

Sorry, but this is not a small apartment. I’d like to see “Living Large” in a studio. The terrace was done beautifully, but I’m not impressed with the interior.

• Courtney July 17, 2010 at 16:43 PM Login to Reply →

you call that a SMALL apartment?

• spilling open. July 19, 2010 at 06:29 AM Login to Reply →

[...] Living large in a small space [...]

• bathroom tiles July 19, 2010 at 10:12 AM Login to Reply →

Its a nice apartment. I think small is subjective and that “Oh yes, its tiny…fuck off” signifies envy or perhaps some other form of bruised ego. Material has nothing to do with success in life folks. You were born naked and you won’t take anything with you. That being said, I can also say that I have been rich and I have been poor. This apartment is small by US standards. It is large by most European standards, and certainly by Chinese standards. I think it is beautiful and cozy. It would be great to curl up with a nice book on the “Terrass” :O)

• Ivana July 20, 2010 at 10:09 AM Login to Reply →

If these are small, mine is microscopic! :D

• [...] hacen que no haya un limite entre lo interior-exterior y su terraza lo convierte en algo único. (Vía) #gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; [...]

• sir jorge July 24, 2010 at 16:57 PM Login to Reply →

that’s small? you should see where I live…geez. perspective is so wrong on this post, no offense

• Dan July 26, 2010 at 11:38 AM Login to Reply →

Just throwing it out there. 61 meters isn’t all that small. Especially if only one person is living there.
    Living in Paris, I’ve learned to live in the tiniest places. My current apartment is 9 meters. Roughly the size of the bathroom shown here.
    =]

• Cezary August 5, 2010 at 22:36 PM Login to Reply →

I want to build something similar.
    The perfect place for me and my fiancee

• Courtney August 8, 2010 at 00:34 AM Login to Reply →

Big Mistake — You can’t watch T.V. w/o breaking your neck.

• Peter | notebook vergleich August 8, 2010 at 11:10 AM Login to Reply →

I find the roof terrace is by far the best about this flat. The bathroom is a little to spartan for m taste, other than that this is truly an inspirational living space. 61 square meters is pretty big, I lived in Tokyo with my spouse in 25 square meters.

• srebrina August 9, 2010 at 18:42 PM Login to Reply →

You know, this might be small apartment by your standards but me and my husband live in a place at least twice as small as this and we don’t have a balcony, so if you’re gonna show us how to live in a small place, why don’t you find an actual ‘small’ apartment first. The only way this is small is if you compare it to a 5 bedroom house, and you know…most of the world can’t afford none of this stuff….

• Flo August 11, 2010 at 12:38 PM Login to Reply →

I really love this place, it’s so beautiful !
    I’m currently looking for shelves like as those that can be seen above the sofa but I can’t find :-(
    If somebody knows and can help me it would be very nice !

• renee August 12, 2010 at 18:17 PM Login to Reply →

wow, your place tells me mine is really crappy and small
    I live on 14 m2 bathroom, kitchen living room and bedroom included…

• move out cleaning August 16, 2010 at 15:05 PM Login to Reply →

• Krash August 20, 2010 at 16:31 PM Login to Reply →

wow.

this is WAY bigger than my apartment.

• Kendra August 21, 2010 at 16:33 PM Login to Reply →

If that is considered a small apartment then mine is a shoe box XD but that apartments looks great.i love all the colors

• Peter August 22, 2010 at 02:13 AM Login to Reply →

I really love it.

• Angel August 26, 2010 at 02:33 AM Login to Reply →

This is not a small apartment. I’ve lived in around 16 apartments in my life and not one of them was as big as this is and they were your average apartment. The design is beautiful but I’d like to see something for a realistic small apartment.

• Ginger September 19, 2010 at 03:46 AM Login to Reply →

I keep waiting for the small room. This apartment is pretty spacious. I am really interested in something that is truly small for some insight.

• carpet cleaning sydn October 7, 2010 at 12:10 PM Login to Reply →

This is a very nice sized apartment in my view. It does not seem small at all. I had rental homes and the back house was approximately 500 square feet, but was perfect and nice for one person or a couple. Plenty of room with large living room, bath and bedroom. The kitchen was kind of small, but adequate. This apartment is very nice and spacious, with a nice bath and extra nice shower. The kitchen has plenty of cupboard space. The whole living area is well lit and inviting. Teri Piper

• Mariana October 15, 2010 at 00:38 AM Login to Reply →

I am sorry, but that is not a small apartment. You can come to my 30 sq meter apartment any time, I will show you what small is.

• [...] Living Large in a Small Apartment Posted: Octubre 15, 2010 by mololoabre in Uncategorized 0 Living Large in a Small Apartment. [...]

• Maria Papadopoulou October 16, 2010 at 07:38 AM Login to Reply →

This is a wonderful apartment but it’s not small because i leave to a small one.

• siteler ankara October 16, 2010 at 22:28 PM Login to Reply →

small room but very like.thank you..

• Atlanta homes October 25, 2010 at 15:41 PM Login to Reply →

~656 square feet is by no stretch of the imagination a small apartment, at least for an urban setting.

• valrus November 4, 2010 at 14:36 PM Login to Reply →

I’ve just learned a new definition of ‘small’…
    best of luck

• [...] satisfied my decor craving for European small space with one of their entries LIVING LARGE IN A SMALL SPACE. It showcases an apartment from Sweden, who would have guessed, 61 square meters of aptly decorated [...]

• nina loy May 19, 2011 at 21:00 PM Login to Reply →

not a very small space actually. should re do a tiny studio and then lets talk. that is where the real pressure is. not a one bedroom with a sizable living room leading into a pretty standard size kitchen for one person. i do not see the challenge.

• home improvement June 3, 2011 at 10:52 AM Login to Reply →

I really love this blog. It gives me inspiration to design a luxury home.

• Home Seasons May 15, 2013 at 20:24 PM Login to Reply →