Furniture made with odd and unusual materials by BRC Designs

Furniture made with odd and unusual materials by BRC Designs

Displayed in the ICFF booth during the recent international fair, the BRC Designs are designed by Benjamin Rollins Caldwell. BRC Designs melds timeless and unconventional materials into unique yet simple furniture designs. Each piece of furniture is handcrafted by a small team of skilled craftsmen under the close artistic direction of Benjamin Rollins Caldwell. In the pictures attached below you can see some of BRC creations that were designed using odd and unusual materials, making very functional items out of them. This idea with tubes got my attention and I’m pretty sure that the idea can be developed into an interesting piece of furniture if a company wants to pay more attention to details. – Via – Homedit

• Oliver May 31, 2010 at 11:43 AMLogin to Reply →

wow … this is a cool idea

• elle June 1, 2010 at 08:29 AMLogin to Reply →

Beautiful! But… hard to get the dust bunnies from under the bed, the couch and inside each individual pipe in the table.

L

• Diary On Arch : Furniture arrived at on curious and strange cloths along, BRC Designs - Architecture Design On ArchDiary.com June 1, 2010 at 08:38 AMLogin to Reply →

[…] into an concerning piece of furniture if a accompany wants to pay more aid to details. – via […]

• Alexand Vantelli June 1, 2010 at 09:07 AMLogin to Reply →

How creative. This is so interesting.

• Meng Leenen June 1, 2010 at 15:49 PMLogin to Reply →

I don’t know why but it’s pretty scary to me. Reminds me of tentacles.

• spasmody June 1, 2010 at 18:49 PMLogin to Reply →

this furniture reminds me of the thinker table by Tom Price :

• Daily Link RoundUp | Nice Dwells June 2, 2010 at 16:01 PMLogin to Reply →

[…] Leave A Comment PVC Furniture-Not what you’d expect (Freshome) […]

• J. White July 29, 2010 at 12:19 PMLogin to Reply →

Dear Ben,
    I love your furniture (this is Rachel’s cousin in Charlotte by the way). My favorite would have to be the book shelves. I like the cable bed also. My least favorite is the spider chair and sofa only because I could never sit in it knowing the name has “spider” in it. I think I would have named it “crab chair” instead. Also, you are much more handsome than the picture you have posted. We wish you well and God’s blessing on your business. I would love to see your studio some time. I am going to forward your website to my sculpting teacher. Take care, Julie

• Living room sofa October 16, 2010 at 21:31 PMLogin to Reply →

That’s beautiful furniture with a different and odd touch.