Ideas

Freshome Will Be Attending Milan Design Week 2010

advertise here

After some serious pep talk from our fans, we decided to go for it. We will be in Milan , attending Salone del Mobile. We are somewhat new to this ( first event like this we plan to attend ) so we welcome any advice that you might want to give us concerning the city and the event. We will try to feed you with quality designs and fresh information while we are away.  If you know anything interesting worth seeing in Milan, don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you all for your support and stay tuned for exciting ideas delivered straight from the heart of Italy!

• Samuel April 7, 2010 at 14:22 PM Login to Reply →

Hi, guys!
    Milan is a very expensive city, and the Salone attracts an incredible amount of people from around the world: my suggestion is, try to find as soon as possible a place where to stay… :)

While you are there you probably want to visit the “Castello Sforzesco” (Sforza’s Castle), the Duomo (with annexed “Galleria Vittorio Emanuele” and Scala Theater) and the many beutiful churches: “Santa Maria presso San Satiro”, “Santa Maria delle Grazie”, “Basilica di San Lorenzo alle Colonne”, “Sant’Eustorgio”…

There are also the Brera picture gallery, the “cimitero monumentale” (monumental cemetary), and don’t forget some of the famous shopping steets: Via Torino, Corso Benos Aires and Corso Vercelli.
    For other suggestions write me a mail: if it’s possible, I will guide you through the city :)

See you on the Salone… And in the “fuori salone”, which is the official contemporary unofficial event :)

Bye

• [...] will present this chair made of thin steel rods at an exhibition of their work in Milan next week ( Freshome Will Be Attending Milan Design Week 2010 ). Called Wire-chair, the product is finished in layers of hand-polished powder coating. This chair [...]

• Lia April 7, 2010 at 15:42 PM Login to Reply →

We were less then a month ago in Milan and stayed in a very nice hotel near the Doumo.The hotel was not expensive room was wonderful lobby very beautiful and a great breakfast.I do recomend it is right in the center of the center of Milan.
    (I do not know if it is as well located for people who go to the Salone)

TO HOTEL: STARHOTEL ROSA
    ADDRESS: PIAZZA FONTANA
    VIA PATTARI 5
    MILANO/ITALY
    TEL: 2 8831
    FAX: 2-805 7964
    Have a wonderful time, I do love your Freshome

• Jennifer@NicoleJaneHome April 7, 2010 at 16:28 PM Login to Reply →

How exciting. I’m looking forward to your posts from Milan.

• mistry sujal April 8, 2010 at 03:51 AM Login to Reply →

m interested in viviting the fair .

plz send the details

regards.

• onlycecilia April 8, 2010 at 08:05 AM Login to Reply →

Milan is great during Salone del Mobile! I will be there as well.
    My suggestion is to get lost in the Fuorisalone (http://fuorisalone.it). Just take the map and explore zone by zone according to the events…meet people, have a drink and enjoy the design!
    In the fair itself the Salone satellite is always very interesting because it presents the young designers works.

Then in Milan these are my personal favourites:
    - Nottingham Forest, viale Piave 1. the best cocktails in town
    - Trattoria Calabiana, really nice northern italian kitchen
    - Piazza Affari, very nice neighborhood to discover Milan

Feel free to contact me if you want more inspirations! You always give a lot of them to me!
    Cecilia

• Samuel April 8, 2010 at 08:16 AM Login to Reply →

Hi there.
    Have you really having problems finding hotel rooms in Milan?

I can accomodate one or two of you. Write me per mail.
    Sammm.

• onlycecilia April 8, 2010 at 09:15 AM Login to Reply →

I have found something for you!
    A friend of a friend rent her apartment: livingroom with kitchen, one bedroom and one bathroom.
    150€ per night for 2 people; 200€ x 3 (king size bed + sofa that becomes a bed).
    It is in Paolo Sarpi area, central and well connected.
    contact me – also on Twitter if you want
    Cecilia

• onlycecilia April 8, 2010 at 10:47 AM Login to Reply →

I have got a lot of reactions on Facebook from friends :) a lot of options for you
    contact me

• Hue Aspley April 16, 2010 at 20:57 PM Login to Reply →

You wrote very interesting post i love your blog it contains very informative article i will share it with my friends.