Freshome
Home Apartments Design Ideas, Pictures and Decor How To Design A Two-Room Apartment With Style

How To Design A Two-Room Apartment With Style

image 014 How To Design A Two Room Apartment With Style

Having a small apartment can be a drag when it comes to implementing the desired interior design idea. Here is an example of a two-room apartment which is both very aesthetic and functional. So how did they do it?As you can see, the home plan features a hallway, two rooms (left and right), a kitchen and a bathroom. In order to achieve a high level of practicability, the designers took advantage of every single corner of the house. The hallway(the area with the red wallpaper)  is welcoming and also has some integrated furniture elements such as a small table and an armchair. This turns it into a room on its own. The sense of space is given by the white and tall walls. The living room is modern and features a cozy reading space near the window. There are plenty of inspirational ideas to chose from in the pictures below so take your time and find the suited ones for yourselves.

image 020 How To Design A Two Room Apartment With Style

image 029 How To Design A Two Room Apartment With Style

image 034 How To Design A Two Room Apartment With Style

image 024 How To Design A Two Room Apartment With Style

image 021 How To Design A Two Room Apartment With Style

plan1 How To Design A Two Room Apartment With Style

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

35 responses to “How To Design A Two-Room Apartment With Style” - Add yours!

1. Will said:
    March 17, 2010

I LOVE that yellow sink!

2. kareem karawia said:
    March 17, 2010

Just amazing function and design (Y)

3. social networking design said:
    March 17, 2010

Nice designs to our rooms make it more better to see the people who visiting our villa.

4. radit said:
    March 20, 2010

I’ll never get out of bed if you stay there

5. Elisabeth sundt said:
    March 20, 2010

What a fun house. It just makes me smile!

6. casey Pastine said:
    March 29, 2010

Yuck. Uncomfortable, and probably loud with no soft surfaces to blunt any sounds. The best thing that can be said is that the kitchen is functionalbe. Overwhelmingly same same everywhere but the hall. You would have to pay me to live there.

7. Julia said:
    March 29, 2010

You call this a small apartment?! Gosh. It is lovely, I hope to live in one like it one of these days.

8. allyn payawal said:
    May 4, 2010

that is my dream house!!!!!!!!!!!!! its simple but elegant. wow fantastic.
    beautiful, i like it

9. suvarna said:
    May 6, 2010

absolutly elegant.a very good use of colurs.

10. khalil said:
    May 17, 2010

beautiful apt designed to give spacious look

11. Anonymous said:
    June 2, 2010

With all due respect, referring to a 2 bedroom apartment as a small space is somewhat laughable. This is cavernous compared to the digs of your average NYC resident (yes, I know this might be considered a small apartment in other urban centers).

Moreover, people often live in small quarters because that’s what they can afford. The furnishings in this apartment that they would NOT be appropriate for someone on a shoestring budget. However, I acknowledge my own bias here: you didn’t say anything about a shoestring budget.

But do you know what really enhances small space living? Having fewer things.

12. mchill said:
    June 15, 2010

Oh Boy! You know how to buy things at IKEA. Good for you!

13. John said:
    July 6, 2010

Where else but in Sweden..?
    Scandinavian style is so tasteful and well balanced.

14. July 7, 2010

This is great! A well-designed but small apartment.

15. m said:
    July 21, 2010

Yeah it’s easy to design your appartment like that if you have TONS of money!

16. Gregor said:
    July 26, 2010

Nice apartment – how much cost it to design it like that?

17. Marnie said:
    August 2, 2010

this is beautiful, yes, but a lot of it looks expensive for someone who is living in a two room apartment.

18. sim said:
    August 13, 2010

Sorry, I wish I could like this, but there only two things I liked in this, the couch and the windows in the living room. So yeah, pretty much the living room is the only room I found nice here.

To me, the window is what brought the entire space together, without it, it would look like a drag.

19. tom said:
    August 19, 2010

lovely suspension lamp in the living room, i was just looking for something like this. Anybody know what the make is or where to buy this lamp?Tkanks a lot ;))

20. ozz said:
    August 21, 2010

I want to see WHO lives here! OMG… *g* you have some really really good taste… or your decorator.. I’m in L-O-V-E.. oh my…

21. Varun said:
    September 5, 2010

Amazing stuff used, and details on small things makes it perfect.

22. M M said:
    October 6, 2010

I like the kitchen. I might make the same in my house.

23. mehdi noutash said:
    December 4, 2010

Dera madam/sir
    here by i would like to infrom you that iam very muche intrested for disging my 4 levels apartment by your co. would you please inform me how i can get in tuch with you.
    best regards
    mehdi noutash

24. Janet said:
    December 20, 2010

some really interesting comfortable corners to spent time,, “the small sitting (laptop) place and the study sofa facing the decorative pink wall”…

but the dining furniture and washbasin in bathroom did not appeal to me..

a smartly decorated house indeed : )

25. morner said:
    December 20, 2010

realiy good post… very interist

26. morner said:
    December 20, 2010

I really enjoyed this post

27. shapewear said:
    December 20, 2010

I like your book rack design beside the bed. I have something similar but only holds up to three books.

28. sheeep said:
    December 23, 2010

I love the contrast between apartments set up for a design shoot vs. apartments people actually live in. Because objects are chosen to fit the design rather than the other way around. Oh yes, you know all us small apartment dwellers own a copy of the encyclopedia! Or whatever that matched set of blue volumes is. And we own so few books that we have to space them apart to fill up the shelf!
    And those cute little herbs in cups are not going to look cute for long set so far away from a light source.

29. dede putra said:
    January 5, 2011

good design…..

30. January 27, 2011

Love it. I would love to live in such apartment.

31. me said:
    February 27, 2011

That is a swedish design. It is so obvious!

32. Ikea style said:
    April 20, 2011

you wish you had style, like i wish i could use english.

33. April 20, 2011

Simply amazing!!!! Good job. Really inspiring.

34. The Ape said:
    April 25, 2011

Extremely boring. “less is more” and bla bla bla. This is not design, it has NOTHING TO DO with design nor interior architecture. This is simply styling and it means absolutely NOTHING. Why? Because it has no substance. Real design and architecture speaks a language, it tells storys. It is communicating.

What does this communicate? That it is “nice”? That it is “clean”?

/ An educated designer from Sweden.

35. Brightland said:
    May 8, 2011

I think it is simple plan, but your design interior is very wonerful. i like it.

8 Trackbacks

1. By What's you opinion on electronic drum kits for beginners? | Toxichof Hobby Computers And Electronics on March 18, 2010

[...] How To Design A Two-Room Apartment With Style [...]

2. [...] [via] [...]

3. [...] Tener un pequeño apartamento puede ser un dolor de cabeza a la hora de diseñar el interior que deseamos. He aquí un ejemplo de un apartamento de dos habitaciones que a la vez es muy estético y funcional. Como puede ver, el plano de la vivienda cuenta con un pasillo, dos habitaciones (a la izquierda y derecha), una cocina y un baño. Con el fin de lograr un alto nivel de viabilidad, los diseñadores aprovecharon cada rincón de la casa. El pasillo es acogedor y tiene también algunos elementos de mobiliario integrados como una pequeña mesa y un sillón. Esto lo convierte en una habitación por su propia cuenta. El sentido del espacio está dada por la altura y paredes blancas. La sala es moderna y cuenta con un espacio cómodo para leer junto a la ventana. Vía Freshome. [...]

4. By How to Design a Two Room Apartment With Style « daisy's workspace on May 6, 2010

[...] freshome.com Tagged: apartment, interior Posted in: art, interior design ← More Teak Platform Beds [...]

5. [...] freshome Escrita por Columbina, el 13 Junio 2010 at 9:00, en la categoria Cocina, [...]

6. By Aika kiva keittiö | 2h+k on June 22, 2010

[...] löytyi freshomesta, joskin alkuperäisenä lähteenä oli jo sulkeutunut myynti-ilmoitus Alvhemissä. Se alkaa olla [...]

7. [...] freshome. Tags: apartamento, decoración, decoracion interior, espacios pequeños, Ideas, pequeños [...]

8. [...] like this from Fresh Home would be beautiful and excellent for us if we could swap out the white [...]