How To Design A Two-Room Apartment With Style
Apartments

How To Design A Two-Room Apartment With Style

Having a small apartment can be a drag when it comes to implementing the desired interior design idea. Here is an example of a two-room apartment which is both very aesthetic and functional. So how did they do it?As you can see, the home plan features a hallway, two rooms (left and right), a kitchen and a bathroom. In order to achieve a high level of practicability, the designers took advantage of every single corner of the house. The hallway(the area with the red wallpaper)  is welcoming and also has some integrated furniture elements such as a small table and an armchair. This turns it into a room on its own. The sense of space is given by the white and tall walls. The living room is modern and features a cozy reading space near the window. There are plenty of inspirational ideas to chose from in the pictures below so take your time and find the suited ones for yourselves.

• image
  • image_035
  • kitchen
  • plan

• Will March 17, 2010 at 12:47 PM Login to Reply →

I LOVE that yellow sink!

• kareem karawia March 17, 2010 at 13:14 PM Login to Reply →

Just amazing function and design (Y)

• social networking design March 17, 2010 at 18:40 PM Login to Reply →

Nice designs to our rooms make it more better to see the people who visiting our villa.

• [...] How To Design A Two-Room Apartment With Style [...]

• radit March 20, 2010 at 08:30 AM Login to Reply →

I’ll never get out of bed if you stay there

• Elisabeth sundt March 20, 2010 at 22:35 PM Login to Reply →

What a fun house. It just makes me smile!

• casey Pastine March 29, 2010 at 20:39 PM Login to Reply →

Yuck. Uncomfortable, and probably loud with no soft surfaces to blunt any sounds. The best thing that can be said is that the kitchen is functionalbe. Overwhelmingly same same everywhere but the hall. You would have to pay me to live there.

• Julia March 29, 2010 at 23:56 PM Login to Reply →

You call this a small apartment?! Gosh. It is lovely, I hope to live in one like it one of these days.

• [...] Tener un pequeño apartamento puede ser un dolor de cabeza a la hora de diseñar el interior que deseamos. He aquí un ejemplo de un apartamento de dos habitaciones que a la vez es muy estético y funcional. Como puede ver, el plano de la vivienda cuenta con un pasillo, dos habitaciones (a la izquierda y derecha), una cocina y un baño. Con el fin de lograr un alto nivel de viabilidad, los diseñadores aprovecharon cada rincón de la casa. El pasillo es acogedor y tiene también algunos elementos de mobiliario integrados como una pequeña mesa y un sillón. Esto lo convierte en una habitación por su propia cuenta. El sentido del espacio está dada por la altura y paredes blancas. La sala es moderna y cuenta con un espacio cómodo para leer junto a la ventana. Vía Freshome. [...]

• allyn payawal May 4, 2010 at 17:20 PM Login to Reply →

that is my dream house!!!!!!!!!!!!! its simple but elegant. wow fantastic.
    beautiful, i like it

• suvarna May 6, 2010 at 07:18 AM Login to Reply →

absolutly elegant.a very good use of colurs.

• [...] freshome.com Tagged: apartment, interior Posted in: art, interior design ← More Teak Platform Beds [...]

• khalil May 17, 2010 at 07:52 AM Login to Reply →

beautiful apt designed to give spacious look

• Anonymous June 2, 2010 at 20:30 PM Login to Reply →

With all due respect, referring to a 2 bedroom apartment as a small space is somewhat laughable. This is cavernous compared to the digs of your average NYC resident (yes, I know this might be considered a small apartment in other urban centers).

Moreover, people often live in small quarters because that’s what they can afford. The furnishings in this apartment that they would NOT be appropriate for someone on a shoestring budget. However, I acknowledge my own bias here: you didn’t say anything about a shoestring budget.

But do you know what really enhances small space living? Having fewer things.

• [...] freshome Escrita por Columbina, el 13 Junio 2010 at 9:00, en la categoria Cocina, [...]

• mchill June 15, 2010 at 01:02 AM Login to Reply →

Oh Boy! You know how to buy things at IKEA. Good for you!

• Aika kiva keittiö | 2h+k June 22, 2010 at 19:05 PM Login to Reply →

[...] löytyi freshomesta, joskin alkuperäisenä lähteenä oli jo sulkeutunut myynti-ilmoitus Alvhemissä. Se alkaa olla [...]

• John July 6, 2010 at 13:56 PM Login to Reply →

Where else but in Sweden..?
    Scandinavian style is so tasteful and well balanced.

• energy monitoring July 7, 2010 at 06:18 AM Login to Reply →

This is great! A well-designed but small apartment.

• m July 21, 2010 at 01:58 AM Login to Reply →

Yeah it’s easy to design your appartment like that if you have TONS of money!

• Gregor July 26, 2010 at 14:31 PM Login to Reply →

Nice apartment – how much cost it to design it like that?

• Marnie August 2, 2010 at 21:21 PM Login to Reply →

this is beautiful, yes, but a lot of it looks expensive for someone who is living in a two room apartment.

• sim August 13, 2010 at 16:38 PM Login to Reply →

Sorry, I wish I could like this, but there only two things I liked in this, the couch and the windows in the living room. So yeah, pretty much the living room is the only room I found nice here.

To me, the window is what brought the entire space together, without it, it would look like a drag.

• tom August 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM Login to Reply →

lovely suspension lamp in the living room, i was just looking for something like this. Anybody know what the make is or where to buy this lamp?Tkanks a lot ;))

• ozz August 21, 2010 at 09:22 AM Login to Reply →

I want to see WHO lives here! OMG… *g* you have some really really good taste… or your decorator.. I’m in L-O-V-E.. oh my…

• [...] freshome. Tags: apartamento, decoración, decoracion interior, espacios pequeños, Ideas, pequeños [...]

• Varun September 5, 2010 at 20:28 PM Login to Reply →

Amazing stuff used, and details on small things makes it perfect.

• M M October 6, 2010 at 21:29 PM Login to Reply →

I like the kitchen. I might make the same in my house.

• [...] like this from Fresh Home would be beautiful and excellent for us if we could swap out the white [...]

• mehdi noutash December 4, 2010 at 18:06 PM Login to Reply →

Dera madam/sir
    here by i would like to infrom you that iam very muche intrested for disging my 4 levels apartment by your co. would you please inform me how i can get in tuch with you.
    best regards
    mehdi noutash

• Janet December 20, 2010 at 07:48 AM Login to Reply →

some really interesting comfortable corners to spent time,, “the small sitting (laptop) place and the study sofa facing the decorative pink wall”…

but the dining furniture and washbasin in bathroom did not appeal to me..

a smartly decorated house indeed : )

• morner December 20, 2010 at 13:15 PM Login to Reply →

realiy good post… very interist

• morner December 20, 2010 at 13:18 PM Login to Reply →

I really enjoyed this post

• shapewear December 20, 2010 at 15:38 PM Login to Reply →

I like your book rack design beside the bed. I have something similar but only holds up to three books.

• sheeep December 23, 2010 at 17:58 PM Login to Reply →

I love the contrast between apartments set up for a design shoot vs. apartments people actually live in. Because objects are chosen to fit the design rather than the other way around. Oh yes, you know all us small apartment dwellers own a copy of the encyclopedia! Or whatever that matched set of blue volumes is. And we own so few books that we have to space them apart to fill up the shelf!
    And those cute little herbs in cups are not going to look cute for long set so far away from a light source.

• dede putra January 5, 2011 at 13:26 PM Login to Reply →

good design…..

• 30 Lincoln Plaza January 27, 2011 at 14:12 PM Login to Reply →

Love it. I would love to live in such apartment.

• me February 27, 2011 at 15:16 PM Login to Reply →

That is a swedish design. It is so obvious!

• Ikea style April 20, 2011 at 12:13 PM Login to Reply →

you wish you had style, like i wish i could use english.

• home improvement April 20, 2011 at 19:30 PM Login to Reply →

Simply amazing!!!! Good job. Really inspiring.

• The Ape April 25, 2011 at 18:47 PM Login to Reply →

Extremely boring. “less is more” and bla bla bla. This is not design, it has NOTHING TO DO with design nor interior architecture. This is simply styling and it means absolutely NOTHING. Why? Because it has no substance. Real design and architecture speaks a language, it tells storys. It is communicating.

What does this communicate? That it is “nice”? That it is “clean”?

/ An educated designer from Sweden.

• Brightland May 8, 2011 at 22:09 PM Login to Reply →

I think it is simple plan, but your design interior is very wonerful. i like it.