Water Recycling System in Your Own Shower
Bathroom Ideas

Water Recycling System in Your Own Shower

Recycling is a great concept with even greater effects. The fact that designers everywhere seem to grow an interest in the field is a wonderful thing. This revolutionary concept proves that with hard work and experience, amazing recycling products can become available worldwide.  Jun Yasumoto, Vincent Vandenbrouk, Olivier Pigasse, and Alban Le Henry created this sustainable shower that can filter the water that you use while showering and make it drinkable again. This is possible due to some special plants that “feed of” substances like those that exist in soap and shampoo. Here are some more words from the designers: “Using a natural filtering principle called phyto-purification, the bathroom becomes a mini-eco-system by recycling and regenerating the waste water. With this project, we tried to combine the pleasure of taking a shower with the satisfaction of recycling water. We wanted the recycling process to actually interact with the use of shower.”- via

• grier govorko October 10, 2009 at 19:31 PM Login to Reply →

I wonder what the advantage is of having only a shower that’s recycling water rather than the whole house? Or is this just for people that are renting. I don’t know, but seems to me an enormous amount of effort and energy going into the construction of something with neglgable net results on the back-end. And where does the recycled water return too?

• falnfenix October 11, 2009 at 05:37 AM Login to Reply →

this would be great, though a lot of “green” homes are using greywater reclamation systems for things like shower water, and that which has drained from the sinks in the house. often it’s piped into a rooftop garden or a rain barrel. :)

• the lord October 12, 2009 at 09:44 AM Login to Reply →

it is refreshing, that a site adds a little humour once in a while. who wants serious articles all the time. verry funny! i like this kind of humour!
    did you think about the mosquitos that will breed in this jungle?!
    i bless you

• Fabrice Sommavilla October 22, 2009 at 22:25 PM Login to Reply →

It is so a great idea, I wiswh i could have the space to put one in my flat.

• leaveareply January 12, 2010 at 20:37 PM Login to Reply →

If you live where water is supplied by aquifers that are replenished naturally, there is no water shortage, and no need to conserve. #urbanblight

• water system filters April 9, 2010 at 16:32 PM Login to Reply →

God forgives the sin of gluttony.

• […] Dodatkowym atutem jest fakt, że kąpiel wśród roślinności sprawi nam wiele przyjemności i pozwoli w pełni cieszyć się chwilą przyjemności pod prysznicem. via freshome […]

• liz July 27, 2010 at 06:24 AM Login to Reply →

No one worries about bugs in their shower?

• Guillermo Hall October 5, 2012 at 17:08 PM Login to Reply →

I have been taking in the sights of your site and caught wind of this pearl post. I have been taking a shot to live a healthful lifestyle. Your piece has been eye opening. This will help me in my goal to be a healthy me.