Freshome
Home Apartments Design Ideas, Pictures and Decor Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone

Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone

What is it that exact thing that makes a home worth millions? It’s probably a subjective answer but since we’re here how about taking a look at this small apartment at Kastell Street 13, in Gotheborg’s Linnestaden area. Spectacular views,  a mind-blowing interior and magnificent architecture, they’re all crammed in this 65 meter square apartment attic. Aside from its small area, the designer took on a very daring job of redesigning such a small place — and by the looks of it he managed to put a unique interior arrangement and unusual height planning to make the room more dynamic and spacious in its own miraculous way.

Small Apartment Renovation 10 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone

Meant to preserve its natural rock contour on its wall, a large and luxurious bathroom completes this attic’s subsistence as a home beyond ordinary. It’s located on the top floor (the 6th floor that is)  in the middle of a friendly neighborhood and offered for some $400 / month to a very happy renter. – via

Small Apartment Renovation 1 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone Small Apartment Renovation 11 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone Small Apartment Renovation 12 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone Small Apartment Renovation 13 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone Small Apartment Renovation 14 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone

Small Apartment Renovation 15 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone Small Apartment Renovation 2 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone Small Apartment Renovation 3 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone Small Apartment Renovation 4 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone Small Apartment Renovation 5 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone Small Apartment Renovation 6 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone Small Apartment Renovation 7 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone Small Apartment Renovation 8 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone Small Apartment Renovation 9 Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

9 responses to “Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone” - Add yours!

1. Kristin said:
    July 22, 2009

Oh my goodness…I LOVE THAT SHOWER! Do you have any information on it? Thanks!

2. ClearyArchitect said:
    July 23, 2009

Great little article and photos. Turning a small space into one with a lot of character and sex appeal like this, is an art that will need to be resurrected in the years to come in North America. Retweeted this article – follow at clearyarchitect.

3. H4\/0C said:
    July 27, 2009

Hey nice space, can you share the name of that wood burner?
    Something similar would suit my home to a T ;)

4. Jodi Fillmore said:
    September 19, 2009

Could you please tell me where to find a small wood burning oven like the one featured in this apartment. I must have one.

5. wendy-liondance said:
    June 30, 2010

I prefer to that wood burning,could you tell me some information about it?

6. Johanna said:
    August 19, 2010

About the wood burner. I´m not sure but I think it is a Contura 580.

7. carrie adams said:
    August 22, 2010

WHERE can i get that wood stove??? I can’t read the name on this site but I think it starts with a’C’

awesome apt..I want to drink coffee on balcony!!!!

8. Qui said:
    August 24, 2010

Hello, I love the shower, where could I find a shower like that, or that exact same one?

9. Amanda said:
    January 9, 2011

I am about to move into a small studio apartment and I have to say, this site is ridiculous. Obviously these people aren’t living in a small space out of necessity. If I had a few million dollars to invest in my studio I could make it look nice too.

4 Trackbacks

1. By Dream Home in Sweden « Reaching the Stars on June 27, 2010

[...] I DO NOT own any of the photos above. For the original article, please go to: http://freshome.com/2009/07/22/swedish-inspiration-turning-a-small-apartment-into-a-gemstone/ Thank [...]

2. [...] Meant to preserve its natural rock contour on its wall, a large and luxurious bathroom completes this attic’s subsistence as a home beyond ordinary. It’s located on the top floor (the 6th floor that is) in the middle of a friendly neighborhood and offered for some $400 / month to a very happy renter. Its bright, airy and open space apartment. [via] [...]

3. By small apartments « brosystech on February 7, 2011
  4. [...] has a beautiful interior decor. The ideas of interior decoration and lighting is very small apartment using a purpose built in furniture, so that light can directly enter and change depending on the mood of residents when in very small apartment. Very small apartment design is very flexible, highly conductive and dynamic to live, work and entertain. LED lights in a very small apartment burned in this zone with the dematerialization surface of a solid wall between windows. So that is very exciting for us to imitate in this very small apartment. [...]