Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone

Swedish Inspiration: Turning a Small Apartment into a Gemstone

What is it that exact thing that makes a home worth millions? It’s probably a subjective answer but since we’re here how about taking a look at this small apartment at Kastell Street 13, in Gotheborg’s Linnestaden area. Spectacular views,  a mind-blowing interior and magnificent architecture, they’re all crammed in this 65 meter square apartment attic. Aside from its small area, the designer took on a very daring job of redesigning such a small place — and by the looks of it he managed to put a unique interior arrangement and unusual height planning to make the room more dynamic and spacious in its own miraculous way.

Meant to preserve its natural rock contour on its wall, a large and luxurious bathroom completes this attic’s subsistence as a home beyond ordinary. It’s located on the top floor (the 6th floor that is)  in the middle of a friendly neighborhood and offered for some $400 / month to a very happy renter. – via

• Kristin July 22, 2009 at 17:56 PMLogin to Reply →

Oh my goodness…I LOVE THAT SHOWER! Do you have any information on it? Thanks!

• ClearyArchitect July 23, 2009 at 21:40 PMLogin to Reply →

Great little article and photos. Turning a small space into one with a lot of character and sex appeal like this, is an art that will need to be resurrected in the years to come in North America. Retweeted this article – follow at clearyarchitect.

• H4\/0C July 27, 2009 at 12:58 PMLogin to Reply →

Hey nice space, can you share the name of that wood burner?
    Something similar would suit my home to a T ;)

• Jodi Fillmore September 19, 2009 at 19:28 PMLogin to Reply →

Could you please tell me where to find a small wood burning oven like the one featured in this apartment. I must have one.

• Dream Home in Sweden « Reaching the Stars June 27, 2010 at 07:49 AMLogin to Reply →

[…] I DO NOT own any of the photos above. For the original article, please go to: http://freshome.com/2009/07/22/swedish-inspiration-turning-a-small-apartment-into-a-gemstone/ Thank […]

• wendy-liondance June 30, 2010 at 02:50 AMLogin to Reply →

I prefer to that wood burning,could you tell me some information about it?

• Johanna August 19, 2010 at 19:18 PMLogin to Reply →

About the wood burner. I´m not sure but I think it is a Contura 580.

• carrie adams August 22, 2010 at 21:36 PMLogin to Reply →

WHERE can i get that wood stove??? I can’t read the name on this site but I think it starts with a’C’

awesome apt..I want to drink coffee on balcony!!!!

• Qui August 24, 2010 at 16:32 PMLogin to Reply →

Hello, I love the shower, where could I find a shower like that, or that exact same one?

• Amanda January 9, 2011 at 00:43 AMLogin to Reply →

I am about to move into a small studio apartment and I have to say, this site is ridiculous. Obviously these people aren’t living in a small space out of necessity. If I had a few million dollars to invest in my studio I could make it look nice too.

• 65 sq.m Small Apartment Interior Renovation Ideas at Kastell Street 13 - Apartment - Home Interior | Office Interior | Apartment Interior January 31, 2011 at 15:35 PMLogin to Reply →

[…] Meant to preserve its natural rock contour on its wall, a large and luxurious bathroom completes this attic’s subsistence as a home beyond ordinary. It’s located on the top floor (the 6th floor that is) in the middle of a friendly neighborhood and offered for some $400 / month to a very happy renter. Its bright, airy and open space apartment. [via] […]

• Very Small Apartment Renovation with Swedish Style Ideas October 6, 2011 at 05:07 AMLogin to Reply →

[…] has a beautiful interior decor. The ideas of interior decoration and lighting is very small apartment using a purpose built in furniture, so that light can directly enter and change depending on the mood of residents when in very small apartment. Very small apartment design is very flexible, highly conductive and dynamic to live, work and entertain. LED lights in a very small apartment burned in this zone with the dematerialization surface of a solid wall between windows. So that is very exciting for us to imitate in this very small apartment. […]