Multi-layer Toliet Seat : Clever or Not ?
Ideas

Multi-layer Toliet Seat : Clever or Not ?

In households in which men and women live together, using the toilet can become a problem, especially for women. But to solve this problem Jan Ctvrtnik decided to end the battle of the bathroom with a functional design, simple, original and very practical. I’m pretty sure that womens will love this product, and will want to buy it right away. The bad part is that at the moment this is just a conceptual model. What do you think ? Is this a clever idea or not ? – Via Monkeyzen

• Alex June 19, 2009 at 12:59 PM Login to Reply →

In therms of “who is going to clean this?” it is not clever ;)

• Sarah June 19, 2009 at 16:36 PM Login to Reply →

I agree. In terms of cleaning and added germ build-up, this isn’t smart at all.
    Also, I’d say the big problem most women have is men leaving the seat up.
    This might just encourage that problem…

• Debbie June 19, 2009 at 21:24 PM Login to Reply →

Always love original thinking. However, it just seems like more to have to clean.

• Cayetana June 21, 2009 at 08:20 AM Login to Reply →

Not clever at all. Men still are going to leave their part dirty anyways and we women will end up cleaning it anyways. More to clean for us plus the fact that the build up
    will be just disgusting and the smell from the men’s seat even worst.

• michelle June 21, 2009 at 14:05 PM Login to Reply →

you can always tell when men design something. They (like a lot of
    architects) never consider consulting with the people who are going to use
    the product before they manufacture. And since they mostly do not clean
    anything, ease of cleaning is never a consideration. We need women in
    environmental design. I purchased the best toliet seat I have ever had.
    the whole cover comes off for a more thorough cleaning for the cover and the
    bowl. Now it is a breeze to clean the bolt area!

• reed June 22, 2009 at 00:11 AM Login to Reply →

I agree that original thought is great but have to concede as a male who does most of the cleaning in my house (and I say this without trying to be a Marta) it does take it more of an effort to clean. Keep trying and good luck in the future.

• [...] Multi-layer Toliet Seat : Clever or Not ? [...]

• RAHUL JANI June 25, 2009 at 07:29 AM Login to Reply →

i simply love the creativity…..use of anthrometrics is done very good over here…

• Aretha Franklin June 25, 2009 at 12:00 PM Login to Reply →

Usually, I only lurk around blogs, but this post made me have to say something. Great job bro! :mrgreen:

• Maja June 28, 2009 at 12:03 PM Login to Reply →

not clever.

• Shoe Closets August 16, 2010 at 06:41 AM Login to Reply →

I really don’t get it. Why would they make this kind of closet. I’d rather make separate restrooms for ladies and gents.

• Faye Love August 26, 2010 at 14:01 PM Login to Reply →

I love this. I’d run out and buy one now – only with fewer seats. I LOVE the tab choice system. Jan might look at the ‘mother’ market. There are so many different devices out there to stop your little darlings from falling into the toilet. They often slip about and are generally awkward to use and store – and yes, to clean. With this device, all of the seats are in one place. You could put a kiddie-friendly picture on the tab for the small seat.

Dear Jan, have a look at Mothercare, The great Little Trading Company, and Lakeland for devlopment and markeing – then tell me when I can buy one, please :-)

• Penny Speers May 21, 2011 at 04:01 AM Login to Reply →

Might as well have a lever that lifts the whole shebang up or down – up being a urinal!