A Washbasin Like You've Never Saw Before : Abisko Washbasin

A Washbasin Like You’ve Never Saw Before : Abisko Washbasin

The Abisko Washbasin is the result of a collaboration between Eumar Santhenica and Swedish Designer Johan Kauppi together with architect Lars Sundstorm. This design is a unique and totally new concept with an environmentally-conscious mentality without losing modern appeal. I’m pretty sure that you haven’t saw something like this before. The idea of Abisko was born in a project in Kiruna, at the very north of Sweden, while working with a design an architecture project. Johan and Larrs wanted to catch the freedom of mountain springs in the area and bring it into architecture. The idea was to not use tubes and not having any extra parts at all more than needed. The design should allow free and creative usage compared to traditional basins. – Via – Dvice

• eumar-abisko-washbasin-12
  • eumar-abisko-washbasin-thumb
  • eumar-abisko-washbasin-1
  • eumar-abisko-washbasin-3
  • eumar-abisko-washbasin-4
  • eumar-abisko-washbasin-5
  • eumar-abisko-washbasin-121

• Amy April 18, 2009 at 17:05 PMLogin to Reply →

THAT IS SO COOL!!!

• Robin April 18, 2009 at 18:17 PMLogin to Reply →

Must be useful when you throw up.

• Wisconsin Pest control April 20, 2009 at 20:26 PMLogin to Reply →

This is the kind of sink you would expect in an exotic hotel or bed
    and breakfast. Very unique and certainly one that is not overlooked.
    – Nate

• Dana April 21, 2009 at 10:14 AMLogin to Reply →

This is a very unique design for wash basin.

• INTERIOR April 22, 2009 at 05:46 AMLogin to Reply →

Nice washbasin,yes…I never saw before…

• Shari April 22, 2009 at 18:27 PMLogin to Reply →

Now that is soomething I would most definitely put in my house, and a definite conversation piece.

• ILI May 3, 2009 at 00:06 AMLogin to Reply →

Shari, don’t you think that when you put it in your house, you should clean it
    sometimes… It is interesting looking, but I don’t think that it’s worth it.

• Abisko Washbasin « The Hunting Club May 5, 2009 at 19:39 PMLogin to Reply →

[…] Via freshome […]

• katy May 6, 2009 at 00:57 AMLogin to Reply →

Well, I gotta say it’s functional.

Katy

• Alisha May 11, 2009 at 23:13 PMLogin to Reply →

Wow. That’s pretty nifty. Never saw anything like it before. I would definatly love something like that.

• RU May 17, 2009 at 08:38 AMLogin to Reply →

Um… Looks great, but how “environmentally-conscious” can it be when you HAVe to leave the tap running? 10/10 for style, but minus several million for saving the planet.

• pepemanolo May 19, 2009 at 13:19 PMLogin to Reply →

sorry, but like many “exquisite” designer who think only in the beauty and
    “unique concepts” but not in funcionality and real performance, here we
    have an example. Just a tip, how in hell you keep such thing clean? when
    granpa put a heavy spit on it, you and your couple brush your teeth or your
    guest make any disaster, where you think all these stuff go? I can imagine
    entering the restroom and see what is hanging, remember this is JUST an
    open discharge pipe.

• Shri June 20, 2009 at 14:06 PMLogin to Reply →

i dont want to confuse my grandpa either… he ll think its a another pot to pee!!

• Melendez July 24, 2009 at 17:55 PMLogin to Reply →

i need to get me one of these for my brand new ho.

• emma August 26, 2009 at 04:28 AMLogin to Reply →

i say we get it, and poop into it and watch the water slowly run down the sink eventually going into someones mouth, and you get to watch them eat your feces.

• Victor October 13, 2009 at 20:25 PMLogin to Reply →

My, aren’t you the charming one, Emma? I see an alternative career for you..

• mohammed January 5, 2010 at 07:27 AMLogin to Reply →

Hi,
    Iam looking for a cylinder shape poly fibre material wash basin look like ONYX. IF have mail.

• Stylehound » Blog Archive » I Want One: Swoopy Washbasin! February 4, 2010 at 17:30 PMLogin to Reply →

[…] You can see it at http://freshome.com/2009/04/18/a-washbasin-like-youve-never-saw-before-abisko-washbasin/ […]

• RaphaĆ«l Confiant April 14, 2010 at 04:01 AMLogin to Reply →

thank you very much for this blog theme, it is really pretty.