Interior Design Ideas for Men (Bachelors in General)

Interior Design Ideas for Men (Bachelors in General)

First of all we’d like to apologize to all the ladies reading Freshome, but today we have a pretty hot topic we’d like to cover. Interior design for men. Many think that we men , can’t decide what piece of furniture to use, how to paint our walls or what flooring to go with. Could it be because dressing up is not the same for us as it is for women? We can’t tell for sure, but for all bachelors out there, who’s been looking for redecorating ideas we’ll provide.

We know how important the living room should be when you invite “someone” over for a glass of wine, we also know how important the first look is when you open the bedroom’s door, or when showing off your bathroom. First thing that you should know is that a clean interior, with modernly, classy or elegant furniture, is always going to get people react. Be it the fact that it’s clean in a men’s crib or that incredible sofa you’ve bought, you’ll definitely have some positive stuff going your way.

Now for the second part after you take a good look at these amazing inspirational bachelor pads, interior design for men should be as easy as driving a car. Right? What’s your favorite and which ones do you think girls will like the most? And yes girls, you can answer it, too

All images via Home-Designing

• inspirational-bachelor-pads
  • inspirational-bachelor-pads-2
  • inspirational-bachelor-pads-3
  • inspirational-bachelor-pads-4
  • inspirational-bachelor-pads-5
  • inspirational-bachelor-pads-6
  • inspirational-bachelor-pads-7
  • inspirational-bachelor-pads-8
  • inspirational-bachelor-pads-9

• CK TheJunction December 8, 2008 at 19:02 PMLogin to Reply →

Some of these are a real inspiration for how my flat should look like ;)

• LinkCrave: 7 Reasons to Keep the Big 3 Alive | StyleCrave | The Lifestyle Guide for the Modern Man. December 9, 2008 at 01:16 AMLogin to Reply →

[…] Interior Design Ideas for Men (Bachelors in General).  Strike Five. [freshome] […]

• 男性のためのインテリア集 | 男の美顔器 December 9, 2008 at 01:41 AMLogin to Reply →

[…] >>Interior Design Ideas for Men (Bachelors in General) […]

• The Deco Detective December 9, 2008 at 09:06 AMLogin to Reply →

Picture no eight – the one with the large kitchen and the blue and red dining room chairs! My kitchen’s worktop is almost non-existent, so I’m craving something big. As a girl, I would also like to add that the phrase “clean interior” also should mean “cleaned interior” if you want to impress the ladies!

• Brook December 9, 2008 at 13:24 PMLogin to Reply →

the first one is definitely for a bachelor (specially for one like me sometimes lazy to go from the living room to the bedroom after watching a movie late at night. Can I have one for x-mas…:)

• brain juice December 9, 2008 at 14:14 PMLogin to Reply →

Yes please help us bachelors ladies.

• Hal December 11, 2008 at 23:33 PMLogin to Reply →

One of the chief attributes these have going for them that many of us could use is having over 1500 ft^2 to work with while decorating. It is pretty difficult to decorate 850 ft^2 when you actually have books, art, home theater, queen size bed, furniture, … you know, possessions.

• SassyWalker December 13, 2008 at 23:24 PMLogin to Reply →

All the rooms are beautiful, especially the first one. But if I walked into the next-to-last one, I’d be pretty sure the guy was gay.

• Penny Manning January 23, 2009 at 07:57 AMLogin to Reply →

I’m a lady and I prefer the 10th picture from the top of the page…the wide open space with the TV on the left and the bed on the right under the window….Airy…Uncomplicated and Nice! (Oh, and easier to clean…)

• Depu July 23, 2009 at 09:00 AMLogin to Reply →

I have one project I am looking for one interior designer how has design and who can provide me 3d and auto cad

• Cindy August 11, 2009 at 21:51 PMLogin to Reply →

I am a designer who has worked in architectural firms for corporate and residential clients. A lot of my clients are men because I like the same kind of interiors that men seem to like. Simple, clean lines, functional. I have Auto Cad experience, but at present I am working out of my home and I don’t have that software. Instead, I am using Sketchup and that software will show spaces in 3D. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

• Becca October 23, 2009 at 03:40 AMLogin to Reply →

I am a lady, I like all of them except the 3rd pink one, but the room with big windows seems very nice though!

• Nomi Topper November 10, 2009 at 15:43 PMLogin to Reply →

I am having a hard time figuring out how to install a T.V in a condo that has wide columns and a whole wall of glass windows. The T.V will have to go against the glass wall or on the column. If we put it in front of the glass window should we use a stand (And block some of the view) or should we hang it on the column. If we hang it on the column where do we position the other pieces of equipment like the video and cable box without looking tacky?

• Kate St James November 14, 2009 at 22:00 PMLogin to Reply →

I like the bachelor pad. Have you seen the “Boys Toys” apartment in Lumiere apartments in Sydney designed by Sir Norman Foster and partners? Very cool!!

• Carlos Cortez February 4, 2010 at 06:00 AMLogin to Reply →

I want to know if guys can be interior designers? please help m out. thank you

• Helen & Laura March 4, 2010 at 01:02 AMLogin to Reply →

Hi Carlos…
    Laura and I design spaces specifically for Toronto men…simple, comfortable and functional. If you’d like us to give you a call please reply with your number and the best time to reach you.
    Cheers,
    Helen

• Veronica April 13, 2010 at 21:21 PMLogin to Reply →

1st one

Thanks for the ideas. Recently I realized that our apartment looks “girly” since we decided to sublet it for the summer. The guy that decided to take it asked me if I could take down all the “girly” decorations. My poor boyfriend, I never thought of his design aesthetic when decorating always assuming he had no style.

I’ll be removing everything with buttons and polkadots or any other ‘girly’ pattern.

Thanks Dude Decorator

• VINCE July 26, 2010 at 07:36 AMLogin to Reply →

Great modern lines and furniture. I am recently divorced and have just put together my bedroom, with all pieces selected by myself.
    Not all designs have to be modern furniture, to all you guys out there, build it bold and be a man. No women helped me choose any of my stuff and all the ladies who have seen the room, are impressed. A man’s domain.

• MANISH.A. PANCHAL August 30, 2010 at 12:25 PMLogin to Reply →

very very beautiful bed room.

• goldy January 15, 2011 at 20:48 PMLogin to Reply →

I don’t think there is a batchlor with an apartment like this… :D
    womens … they like money :D

• Antione Schow February 7, 2011 at 16:43 PMLogin to Reply →

This is a very exciting post, I was looking for this information. Just so you know I found your web page when I was looking around for blogs like mine, so please check out my site sometime and leave me a comment to let me know what you think.