Freshome

Beach House in Malibu, California

For some reason I’ve always dreamed of having a beach house, unfortunately, in my country it may not be suited. But take Malibu, California, for an example, and you’ll know what I mean. With one of the finest weather and some of the best beaches on Earth, this must be the perfect place to build a beach house – or buy one that’s already been there for many years.
malibu california beach house 1 Beach House in Malibu, California

But enough with the introduction because we have something to show you. Here’s a 1976 beach house along Malibu’s Pacific Coast Highway, that has been remodeled by Shubin + Donaldson Architects and turned into a 2,900-square-foot beach-side modern house with beautiful glass sliding doors and windows that open towards the ocean to offer stunning sea-views.

malibu california beach house 2 Beach House in Malibu, California

The layout is pretty simple with a living room, dining room, den area, terrace with beach access, powder room at the first floor, while at the upper floor there’s a home office, a guest room and bath, the powder room, a media room, and a master suite with bathroom/walk-in closet, closet office and an outdoor sleeping porch.

malibu california beach house 3 Beach House in Malibu, California

malibu california beach house 5 Beach House in Malibu, California

Everything is gorgeous and I don’t think my comments are enough. Check out the pictures and then tell me if you would like one? – via Modresdes

malibu california beach house 4 Beach House in Malibu, California

malibu california beach house 5 Beach House in Malibu, California

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

17 responses to “Beach House in Malibu, California” - Add yours!

1. dalibor said:
    September 10, 2008

dream house indeed

i could easily imagine myself watching sun diving into the ocean from this house.

some people are very lucky to live in that way

thanks for sharing it with us :-)

2. September 10, 2008

Best for newly married couple to enjoy their holidays together & its background view is outstanding !!

3. October 2, 2008

It is a very beautiful home. I especially like the open yet private feel of the upstairs balcony. My only thought would be to move it to Hawaii instead of Malibu!

4. christine said:
    December 29, 2008

Does anyone know the address of this home? I live in the area and I am thinking of building my dream home. I would love to check out this architect’s work up close (from the beach at least). Thank you!

5. Thommi Warnke said:
    April 9, 2009

Dear ladies and gentleman, can we rent this house in Malibu beach for 7-10 days in September. please let me know. Thanks Thommi Warnke, Berlin

6. Fernando Medeiros said:
    April 28, 2009

Realmente a casa dos sonhos. Muito boas as fotos..

7. Kym Bishop said:
    June 28, 2009

We would love to rent this house for the month of Augest or September! Will you please e-mail me back with available dates and monthly rental fee!

Thank you!
    Kym Bishop

8. Michael said:
    June 28, 2009

If you want to rent it you should go to their website and talk to them. :)

9. Alexandre said:
    June 30, 2009

omg! this “house” is a pure dream! i think… 30 mi US$ anyone buy this dream!
    thanks to share it! :)

10. Martin said:
    October 9, 2009

The exterior looks shiek and clean , however even for “beachfront” there is simply too much “glass”
    The abundance of glass cause’s subconscious insecurity relative to a ocean front dwelling….also
    I’m afraid to say the interior decorating and
    overall structure alighnment re room’s situation and distributed dimension are fearfully undecided in theme. Is this california or not? or is it Miami
    It appears that the creators are confused and wind up with an overdone , overstated, uncomfortable looking place

11. markis said:
    December 7, 2009

House Flipping aint the same as it used to be.

12. inlove said:
    September 5, 2010

very beautiful… I hope it will be my house one day!!

13. Mr N Thompson said:
    September 7, 2010

Hi, I have a picture of your home on a notice board and screen saver at the family home here in beautiful Somerset, the plan is to one day to own this home for my family.I have a small modest art business in the UK and once this financial down turn turns upwards, I would love to spend 7-10 days in a dream I’ve had this on my mind for a long time.
    I have spent a good amount of time in Santa Monica with my long-time partner years ago while working at the Bergamot Station on 26th and Olympic. Now with 2 children we both long for the return of beach life and a life style which reflects what we have achieved

14. sm said:
    January 8, 2011

you know i’d recommend plain white NON translucent curtains to anyone living in that place if they don’t want their life to be totally out!
    But it’s an amazing home and it certainly is a dream home!!!!
    I would like to live in a place like that

15. Nicole said:
    February 1, 2011

Oh… I love it..

16. michelle said:
    April 24, 2011

i live here!! i love this place i just bought it!! well my family did!!!

17. Assil Mahamid said:
    May 23, 2011

Well, I have printed these pictures and put it on my desk, and i have started to save money to bulid the same one in Haifa, Israel. :)

4 Trackbacks

1. By Пляжный дом в Малибу / Калифорния | Дайджест про дизайн on September 9, 2008

[...] Дом с видом на океан.  Смотреть фото! [...]

2. By Beach House in Bundeena, Australia on September 11, 2008

[...] the sunny California beach house, from the other days? Well if liked it, we have another from Gunyah beach in Bundeena, Australia. [...]

3. [...] While upper floor houses home office, a guest room and bath, the powder room, a media room, and a master suite with bathroom/walk-in closet, closet office and an outdoor sleeping porch. Bright and airy, with the combination of white and ocean blue neutral palette blends altogether just like bring the ocean in. [via] [...]

4. [...] *image [...]