Beach House in Malibu, California
Architecture

Beach House in Malibu, California

For some reason I’ve always dreamed of having a beach house, unfortunately, in my country it may not be suited. But take Malibu, California, for an example, and you’ll know what I mean. With one of the finest weather and some of the best beaches on Earth, this must be the perfect place to build a beach house – or buy one that’s already been there for many years.

But enough with the introduction because we have something to show you. Here’s a 1976 beach house along Malibu’s Pacific Coast Highway, that has been remodeled by Shubin + Donaldson Architects and turned into a 2,900-square-foot beach-side modern house with beautiful glass sliding doors and windows that open towards the ocean to offer stunning sea-views.

The layout is pretty simple with a living room, dining room, den area, terrace with beach access, powder room at the first floor, while at the upper floor there’s a home office, a guest room and bath, the powder room, a media room, and a master suite with bathroom/walk-in closet, closet office and an outdoor sleeping porch.

Everything is gorgeous and I don’t think my comments are enough. Check out the pictures and then tell me if you would like one? – via Modresdes

• malibu-california-beach-house-5
  • malibu-california-beach-house-1
  • malibu-california-beach-house-2
  • malibu-california-beach-house-3
  • malibu-california-beach-house-4

• […] Дом с видом на океан.  Смотреть фото! […]

• dalibor September 10, 2008 at 06:09 AM Login to Reply →

dream house indeed

i could easily imagine myself watching sun diving into the ocean from this house.

some people are very lucky to live in that way

thanks for sharing it with us :-)

• KMP Furniture September 10, 2008 at 08:00 AM Login to Reply →

Best for newly married couple to enjoy their holidays together & its background view is outstanding !!

• […] the sunny California beach house, from the other days? Well if liked it, we have another from Gunyah beach in Bundeena, Australia. […]

• Steve Minkler October 2, 2008 at 20:32 PM Login to Reply →

It is a very beautiful home. I especially like the open yet private feel of the upstairs balcony. My only thought would be to move it to Hawaii instead of Malibu!

• christine December 29, 2008 at 22:55 PM Login to Reply →

Does anyone know the address of this home? I live in the area and I am thinking of building my dream home. I would love to check out this architect’s work up close (from the beach at least). Thank you!

• Thommi Warnke April 9, 2009 at 16:26 PM Login to Reply →

Dear ladies and gentleman, can we rent this house in Malibu beach for 7-10 days in September. please let me know. Thanks Thommi Warnke, Berlin

• Fernando Medeiros April 28, 2009 at 11:58 AM Login to Reply →

Realmente a casa dos sonhos. Muito boas as fotos..

• Kym Bishop June 28, 2009 at 06:24 AM Login to Reply →

We would love to rent this house for the month of Augest or September! Will you please e-mail me back with available dates and monthly rental fee!

Thank you!
    Kym Bishop

• Michael June 28, 2009 at 07:40 AM Login to Reply →

If you want to rent it you should go to their website and talk to them. :)

• Alexandre June 30, 2009 at 20:15 PM Login to Reply →

omg! this “house” is a pure dream! i think… 30 mi US$ anyone buy this dream!
    thanks to share it! :)

• Martin October 9, 2009 at 03:21 AM Login to Reply →

The exterior looks shiek and clean , however even for “beachfront” there is simply too much “glass”
    The abundance of glass cause’s subconscious insecurity relative to a ocean front dwelling….also
    I’m afraid to say the interior decorating and
    overall structure alighnment re room’s situation and distributed dimension are fearfully undecided in theme. Is this california or not? or is it Miami
    It appears that the creators are confused and wind up with an overdone , overstated, uncomfortable looking place

• markis December 7, 2009 at 01:35 AM Login to Reply →

House Flipping aint the same as it used to be.

• inlove September 5, 2010 at 16:18 PM Login to Reply →

very beautiful… I hope it will be my house one day!!

• Mr N Thompson September 7, 2010 at 19:03 PM Login to Reply →

Hi, I have a picture of your home on a notice board and screen saver at the family home here in beautiful Somerset, the plan is to one day to own this home for my family.I have a small modest art business in the UK and once this financial down turn turns upwards, I would love to spend 7-10 days in a dream I’ve had this on my mind for a long time.
    I have spent a good amount of time in Santa Monica with my long-time partner years ago while working at the Bergamot Station on 26th and Olympic. Now with 2 children we both long for the return of beach life and a life style which reflects what we have achieved

• sm January 8, 2011 at 16:59 PM Login to Reply →

you know i’d recommend plain white NON translucent curtains to anyone living in that place if they don’t want their life to be totally out!
    But it’s an amazing home and it certainly is a dream home!!!!
    I would like to live in a place like that

• Nicole February 1, 2011 at 16:31 PM Login to Reply →

Oh… I love it..

• […] While upper floor houses home office, a guest room and bath, the powder room, a media room, and a master suite with bathroom/walk-in closet, closet office and an outdoor sleeping porch. Bright and airy, with the combination of white and ocean blue neutral palette blends altogether just like bring the ocean in. [via] […]

• michelle April 24, 2011 at 17:19 PM Login to Reply →

i live here!! i love this place i just bought it!! well my family did!!!

• Assil Mahamid May 23, 2011 at 10:23 AM Login to Reply →

Well, I have printed these pictures and put it on my desk, and i have started to save money to bulid the same one in Haifa, Israel. :)