Minimalistic House in Iporanga by Arthur Casas
Architecture Ideas

Minimalistic House in Iporanga by Arthur Casas

This house is called simply “House in Iporanga” and it was made by Arthur Casas, and is a beautiful example of minimalistic design. “I always wanted a house in the middle of the forest, in a place where I could relax and recharge my energy”, says Arthur. In the form of two large symmetrical cubes embracing an open space, this house was idealised as his dream house. Arthur’s aim was interiors in total synergy with exteriors. Bringing the outside in are 11 meter floor to ceiling glass windows, on both ends of the open central space. Cumaru wood paneling runs from top to bottom in an attempt to match and blend in with is beautiful surroundings. – Via

• iporanga-019
  • iporanga-001
  • iporanga-005
  • iporanga-07
  • iporanga-07a
  • iporanga-008
  • iporanga-009
  • iporanga-010
  • iporanga-012

• Theo Kuipers July 10, 2008 at 17:17 PM Login to Reply →

A very nice house and very good pictures of it.

• daniel July 10, 2008 at 19:18 PM Login to Reply →

wow, so beautiful!

• Bev July 10, 2008 at 22:30 PM Login to Reply →

What an inspiring place to live! The floating fireplace really caught my eye.

• orchidhunter July 11, 2008 at 00:01 AM Login to Reply →

Gorgeous use of space and light, in total harmony with the vegetation outside. Okay, I’m ready to move in now.

• Isa July 11, 2008 at 13:29 PM Login to Reply →

Beautiful.

• Lovely July 11, 2008 at 20:14 PM Login to Reply →

Such a lovely place to live.
    I’d totally move in there.. Until I had children
    that is. Doesn’t seem children friendly.

• Welastea July 12, 2008 at 05:04 AM Login to Reply →

Everyday is a great moment to living there..

• hesika July 12, 2008 at 15:31 PM Login to Reply →

That is the house, I would like to live in… That’s living in the
    house, but in meantime in the nature.

Wonderful. I love it

• Nat July 12, 2008 at 15:36 PM Login to Reply →

Beautiful light and big windows. But otherwise very cold and unwelcoming.

• dana w. July 12, 2008 at 16:11 PM Login to Reply →

Sterile, boring, unimaginative, inhuman, vapid,
    mediocre and totally unacceptable as a living space.
    A wonderful example of tastelessness coupled with
    lots of money. wowee zowee. In another age, this ‘designer’
    would be winnowing wheat. ugh!

• paul July 13, 2008 at 02:01 AM Login to Reply →

Wow, welcome back to Sweden of the ’50.

• IT SECTOR July 13, 2008 at 07:39 AM Login to Reply →

So beautifully that simply not to tear away the eye!

• paresh July 13, 2008 at 08:09 AM Login to Reply →

amazing nature view. i like it.

• elek July 13, 2008 at 09:27 AM Login to Reply →

im fucking cumming in my pants right now that house is awesome

• Mary July 13, 2008 at 14:47 PM Login to Reply →

I’ve seen a house like this, with the sliding
    window-wall and open-spacious feel and generous use
    of interior wood, in Los Altos, California, USA.

Same designer?

• Barry July 13, 2008 at 19:04 PM Login to Reply →

Certainly not at a minimalistic price…

• design snob July 14, 2008 at 06:42 AM Login to Reply →

I am in love with the outdoor area. If I had a deck like that, I would just camp outside.

• michael July 14, 2008 at 23:16 PM Login to Reply →

an awesome house, but… where the F is all their stuff? anybody
    that does’nt have stuff can’t afford it. or i guess, it’s their
    weekend home in the summer. so only in about 6 days a year.

• michael July 15, 2008 at 00:09 AM Login to Reply →

one of the main things i wouldn’t like about living in this house is that it’s such an easy target for armed robbery/breaking and entering. nobody would hear or see you…

• shane July 15, 2008 at 15:46 PM Login to Reply →

minimalist my ass.

I camp in the woods and still feel as if im not roughing it..
    with my walmart ice chest, chair and tent.

hmmm.

• stephen r mcfadden July 15, 2008 at 22:28 PM Login to Reply →

Stereotypically awesome! Love modern sheik.

• […] future homes come in so many shapes and sizes. This one by Arthur Casas is especially drool-worthy. Imagine how much better food would taste when you’re steps from a […]

• Pitts September 9, 2008 at 09:04 AM Login to Reply →

I would never leave this house when i stepped in.

• MEEP October 16, 2008 at 04:22 AM Login to Reply →

oh wow that is soo beautiful and Bev, the floating fireplace is soo awesome, I agree!

• rj April 7, 2009 at 04:13 AM Login to Reply →

it’s not minimalist, it’s just boring. Does anyone live here? I’d hate that life… Don’t get dirt on the floor!

• 4MIN August 6, 2010 at 16:35 PM Login to Reply →

Nice house, I really liked him.

• Anita puente August 30, 2010 at 16:35 PM Login to Reply →

Hola voy a realizar un estudio academico sobre esta casa, hay varias casas con este nombre……….
    COMO PUEDO DIFERENCIARLA……?

• Lindsay April 9, 2011 at 17:44 PM Login to Reply →

Nice house! You know who is? YES, it is mine, and I love to upload pictures of it, if you need something more then, tell me! I have no problem in prestartela few hours or minutes, if you want I can invite you to sleep.

• Modern Contemporary April 29, 2011 at 08:05 AM Login to Reply →

Really inspiring modern contemporary architecture. I’d just hope it could be economically feasible to set it up in Northern countries as well?