Leaf by Lime Studio
Furniture

Leaf by Lime Studio

Lime Studio is a multi-cultural design trio who passionately create objects to inspire, amuse, challenge, provoke, innovate and explore. Now a very simple design is the Leaf a project that is designed with a simple curved form and low height to allow multiple position. I don’t know who would buy something so simple like this, and for what purpose… maybe as rocking chair from time to time. At a first glance the Leaf might look fun, but to be honest …how much time do you think you will spend staying in something like this ?

• lis April 14, 2008 at 13:46 PM Login to Reply →

I think it’s a nice design – especially the bit that doesn’t crush your fingers. I can see this being a nice furniture item for a family room or television area. I can also see it being a nice item for gaming. That said; those applications are typically not furnished expensively. It’d have to be a mainstream outlet selling it.

I had a similar piece of weird furniture in my TV area for years.. it was very comfy for lounging but there wasn’t really anything else you could DO in the chair. That was fine; there were regular chairs in the room too.

• Gnoll April 14, 2008 at 23:42 PM Login to Reply →

I’d use this. I’m a college student, and space is limited in the dorms. Things like this are great for hanging out in front of the TV playing video games or having extra seating when the few seats you do have are taken up. Something like this could be stored under a bed easily. In a full house with normal furniture there would be pretty limited use for this, but the idea would be great for someone in my situation.

• Kayakman April 15, 2008 at 09:59 AM Login to Reply →

that looks really cool… I want one!

• Dobie April 20, 2008 at 06:12 AM Login to Reply →

“a multi-cultural design trio who passionately create objects to–inspire, amuse, challenge, provoke, innovate and explore”=poor design

• [...] Freshhome [...]

• MEEP October 8, 2008 at 17:39 PM Login to Reply →

eww… hate those chairs they can look kinda cool but they arent comfortable period

• samim January 2, 2011 at 15:45 PM Login to Reply →