Apartments Ideas

Ideas for Small Apartments from Compact Living

advertise here

In the last month I’ve got a few emails from people asking me if I can find and post a few things and ideas for small apartments. I’ve searched a little and I’ve found Compact Living, a company that designs prefabricated easy-to-install lofts for just about any space. Just contact them with the dimensions of your space and they produce a custom loft for you. There are multiple options from sleeping lofts to larger extended living lofts. The ideas presented in this post are for very very small apartments. As you can see in these small places the only way to earn some additional space is to have a suspended bed. Personally I like the final results of these small apartments, but I don’t think that I would like to live in a space so small.

• tururu April 14, 2008 at 13:17 PM Login to Reply →

I think it´s a great idea for mini apartments.

Saludos from Madrid, Spain

• Jocie April 14, 2008 at 16:09 PM Login to Reply →

Interesting idea. Reminds me of my college days.
    I wonder what height ceiling one would need in order to make this work? And while its a great space saver, I imagine it would bring the ceiling down some – that may be why the designs pictured use light and simple looks.

• Jose April 14, 2008 at 21:27 PM Login to Reply →

Hi,

Putting into practice : “crawling out of the bed” :-)

Have a nice week,

José

• John April 15, 2008 at 02:38 AM Login to Reply →

Michael,

Thanks for putting my story up on Freshome. If I find some other good small space stuff, I will let you know.

John-Furniture Fashion

• veena April 15, 2008 at 16:47 PM Login to Reply →

thank u, very much. i was always looking 4 small apt ideas. once more, thankx.

• Kristi April 15, 2008 at 19:54 PM Login to Reply →

Cute ideas – but yeah, I lived in an extremely small flat for one year (with a loft configuration much like those above, although those are much more attractive) to save money – and I wouldn’t do it again. I know some people adapt well to tiny spaces, but I’m not one of ‘em!

Kudos to those who made those small spaces much more liveable, though. :)

• madhu Sudhana Reddy June 28, 2008 at 06:15 AM Login to Reply →

it is very good idea

• simon July 20, 2008 at 16:03 PM Login to Reply →

Is this a place for the condemned ?
    I don’t think the flimsy set-up will survive a love making session

• Nolius March 24, 2009 at 20:41 PM Login to Reply →

Disastrous idea. You won’t be able to do anything else than sleeping on there and even then, one day the bed will fall down on your electronic devices, killing you. What happened to the idea of a simple bed sofa?

• Compact Living Store April 16, 2009 at 20:25 PM Login to Reply →

Compact Living Store is about tailor-made loft beds and wall beds, exclusively manufactured to meet with your needs and wishes concerning functionality and material.

• philippines properties June 2, 2009 at 11:10 AM Login to Reply →

WOW! I love the 3rd picture, I want to convert my room like that very nice in
    making. Thanks for this blog got me an idea in renovating my room. Thanks a lot.

Deirdre Gonzales

• pinky July 31, 2009 at 10:00 AM Login to Reply →

I like this collection for childs bedroom I would like to chande my son’s room like this The first bedroom is very nice

• Flora August 4, 2009 at 15:06 PM Login to Reply →

this is EXACTLY what i’ve been looking for for my future room. thanks for the awesome idea!

• zatty December 15, 2009 at 03:52 AM Login to Reply →

i’m thinkin’ of a simple bedroom… can you give me an idea

• Nicklas April 9, 2010 at 20:50 PM Login to Reply →

I Like the idea of a bed in the ceiling alot, cool idea!

• Kerala flats blog September 12, 2010 at 08:27 AM Login to Reply →

Cool ideas for compact living. By keeping the bed up, you actually get a full living room. The fifth one is a real space saver and is very good for those who are continuing their studies.

• [...] Via Tags: apartments home living, design for apartment, small apartment Filed under: Apartments [...]