Freshome
Home Apartments Design Ideas, Pictures and Decor Ideas for Small Apartments from Compact Living

Ideas for Small Apartments from Compact Living

In the last month I’ve got a few emails from people asking me if I can find and post a few things and ideas for small apartments. I’ve searched a little and I’ve found Compact Living, a company that designs prefabricated easy-to-install lofts for just about any space. Just contact them with the dimensions of your space and they produce a custom loft for you. There are multiple options from sleeping lofts to larger extended living lofts. The ideas presented in this post are for very very small apartments. As you can see in these small places the only way to earn some additional space is to have a suspended bed. Personally I like the final results of these small apartments, but I don’t think that I would like to live in a space so small.

compact loft living Ideas for Small Apartments from Compact Livingcompact loft Ideas for Small Apartments from Compact Livingsmall apartment Ideas for Small Apartments from Compact Living

small apartment idea Ideas for Small Apartments from Compact Living

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

16 responses to “Ideas for Small Apartments from Compact Living” - Add yours!

1. tururu said:
    April 14, 2008

I think it´s a great idea for mini apartments.

Saludos from Madrid, Spain

2. Jocie said:
    April 14, 2008

Interesting idea. Reminds me of my college days.
    I wonder what height ceiling one would need in order to make this work? And while its a great space saver, I imagine it would bring the ceiling down some – that may be why the designs pictured use light and simple looks.

3. Jose said:
    April 14, 2008

Hi,

Putting into practice : “crawling out of the bed” :-)

Have a nice week,

José

4. John said:
    April 15, 2008

Michael,

Thanks for putting my story up on Freshome. If I find some other good small space stuff, I will let you know.

John-Furniture Fashion

5. veena said:
    April 15, 2008

thank u, very much. i was always looking 4 small apt ideas. once more, thankx.

6. Kristi said:
    April 15, 2008

Cute ideas – but yeah, I lived in an extremely small flat for one year (with a loft configuration much like those above, although those are much more attractive) to save money – and I wouldn’t do it again. I know some people adapt well to tiny spaces, but I’m not one of ‘em!

Kudos to those who made those small spaces much more liveable, though. :)

7. madhu Sudhana Reddy said:
    June 28, 2008

it is very good idea

8. simon said:
    July 20, 2008

Is this a place for the condemned ?
    I don’t think the flimsy set-up will survive a love making session

9. Nolius said:
    March 24, 2009

Disastrous idea. You won’t be able to do anything else than sleeping on there and even then, one day the bed will fall down on your electronic devices, killing you. What happened to the idea of a simple bed sofa?

10. April 16, 2009

Compact Living Store is about tailor-made loft beds and wall beds, exclusively manufactured to meet with your needs and wishes concerning functionality and material.

11. June 2, 2009

WOW! I love the 3rd picture, I want to convert my room like that very nice in
    making. Thanks for this blog got me an idea in renovating my room. Thanks a lot.

Deirdre Gonzales

12. pinky said:
    July 31, 2009

I like this collection for childs bedroom I would like to chande my son’s room like this The first bedroom is very nice

13. Flora said:
    August 4, 2009

this is EXACTLY what i’ve been looking for for my future room. thanks for the awesome idea!

14. zatty said:
    December 15, 2009

i’m thinkin’ of a simple bedroom… can you give me an idea

15. Nicklas said:
    April 9, 2010

I Like the idea of a bed in the ceiling alot, cool idea!

16. September 12, 2010

Cool ideas for compact living. By keeping the bed up, you actually get a full living room. The fifth one is a real space saver and is very good for those who are continuing their studies.

One Trackback

1. [...] Via Tags: apartments home living, design for apartment, small apartment Filed under: Apartments [...]