Defendius Door Chain
Ideas

Defendius Door Chain

Yesterday was 1 April ( April Fools’ Day ), and this door chain concept designed by Artemy Lebedev fell into the category of a good joke. I don’t like the April Fools’ Day, but this door chair is really funny, and appropriate for a day like this. The only problem with something like this might be …if you have a visitor you might have a dialog like this : “I’ll be right there, hold on!“, after 2 minutes …  “Just one more minute, I’ve almost got it!“, because the chain is long enough to reach the far end of the maze. – Via – Tranism

• Vlad Balan April 2, 2008 at 20:52 PM Login to Reply →

Or you could just as well get stuck in your apartment and die of starvation!

• Ines April 3, 2008 at 12:35 PM Login to Reply →

Haha, thats really cooool!

• Jen April 3, 2008 at 23:40 PM Login to Reply →

I LOVE this!!! Hilarious!!

• Sean April 3, 2008 at 23:59 PM Login to Reply →

What if the outsider just had a little pair of pliers? Pliers would snap through that like it’s not there.

• Izabael DaJinn April 4, 2008 at 00:40 AM Login to Reply →

nothing a hard kick couldn’t solve :-)

• Jaime April 4, 2008 at 02:51 AM Login to Reply →

I’d probably say “ah, fuck it” and just yank the door and break the chain after having dealt with it for a week or so.

• Phil E. Drifter April 4, 2008 at 03:18 AM Login to Reply →

Nice concept, poor interpretation. The ‘wrong’ directions are kinda obvious, but then I guess the map isn’t that big anyway. Meh.

• Alan Underwood April 4, 2008 at 16:05 PM Login to Reply →

Well, you know what they say: “Security through obscurity is no security at all.”

• Josh April 4, 2008 at 16:50 PM Login to Reply →

Imagine if there was a fire and you had to solve the maze on your door chain.

Fire Chief: So why do you think he died?
    Detective: No skillz when it comes to mazes.

• Phil E. Boy Roy April 4, 2008 at 17:23 PM Login to Reply →

Poor concept, nice interpretation. Some people are just pathetic. They say things like, “Meh.”

• willwindow April 4, 2008 at 19:45 PM Login to Reply →

That is awesome. I would love to install one of those in my friends’ apartment when they weren’t home.

• dudio April 5, 2008 at 06:09 AM Login to Reply →

umm .. I think it was installed upside down : (

• Liz April 5, 2008 at 19:00 PM Login to Reply →

Is it just me, or is that maze incredibly, disappointingly easy to solve?

• fehhh April 6, 2008 at 03:24 AM Login to Reply →

the real joke is that the chain isn’t long enough to reach the end of the maze :)

• Cap'n Obvious April 6, 2008 at 19:28 PM Login to Reply →

Nothing a screwdriver couldn’t solve. One need only remove the two screws from the right side. Then what?

• Katie April 6, 2008 at 22:07 PM Login to Reply →

Have you people no appreciation for functional art? It’s amazing to me all the responses where people are willing to TEAR SHIT UP just because it frustrates them momentarily! Wow, ever thought of applying just a little bit of thought and ingenuity to a problem, rather than bashing your way through life? Have some patience, have some appreciation for something a little different, a little challenging.

• Diana April 6, 2008 at 23:03 PM Login to Reply →

C’mon, you can figured out at least one short route in less than 30 sec. I did. :)

• kathy April 7, 2008 at 00:07 AM Login to Reply →

FIRE!!!!

• josh April 7, 2008 at 03:00 AM Login to Reply →

You are all retarded. The point is not that the maze is easy or hard – it’s that, instead of a regular slide channel, there’s a maze. It’s a conceptual art piece. Please stop being so incredibly dim-witted.

• mehmet April 7, 2008 at 11:01 AM Login to Reply →

• Ken April 9, 2008 at 14:44 PM Login to Reply →

Solved in 5 sec!

• tim April 11, 2008 at 06:15 AM Login to Reply →

i think its supposed to be easy…that way you can use if you want.

• Niall April 18, 2008 at 10:01 AM Login to Reply →

Photoshopped

• Natovr April 18, 2008 at 18:07 PM Login to Reply →

I wouldn’t mind having a door-chain like that. It seems easy enough to solve in 3-5 secs. It would still be such a cool april fools prank :p

• hesika April 18, 2008 at 21:56 PM Login to Reply →

With that door-chain it were better, you are never in a hurry… :-))

• […] a Door Chain like they Have in Hotels Defendius Door Chain Yesterday was 1 April ( April Fools Day ), and this door chain concept designed by Artemy […]

• toni May 5, 2008 at 10:06 AM Login to Reply →

No worries about someone sneaking out in the evening! All the clinkety clanks while solving the maze will wake someone up for sure. Interesting concept!

• […] | Freshome Más información | Artemy […]

• chris May 12, 2008 at 01:23 AM Login to Reply →

Masochism manifests in many ways. :P

• sianz January 10, 2009 at 14:27 PM Login to Reply →

good idea but not practical.. chain is long enough to allow someone small sized to slip through, as well as enough room to unscrew the bolts. conceptual art is interesting though…

they should install this maze the other way round… “ya wanna come in, solve that maze outside :P”

• Chester Tan January 14, 2010 at 05:58 AM Login to Reply →

Haha cool idea. I managed to solve the maze in one pass.

• M M November 7, 2010 at 14:49 PM Login to Reply →