Space Saving : Combine a Shelving Unit with a Desk

Space Saving : Combine a Shelving Unit with a Desk

This simple “all in one” office system can be molded very easily to fit your needs as the beech veneer shelves are completely and independently adjustable. A great space saving design goes a long way with wall-mounting shelves and if you combine a shelving unit with a desk, it really could not get better. The shelves are easily adjustable, so you can arrange your own design in whatever way works best for you. The Elfa wall mounted shelving unit home can be yours for only $896 from here. – Via – Furniture Store Blog

• lis March 27, 2008 at 15:06 PM Login to Reply →

You can buy the same components at your local Big Home Improvement Store for significantly less.

My closet is done with the same type of setup and it cost less than $100.

• Achamma Chandersekaran March 28, 2008 at 16:35 PM Login to Reply →

I like your quad bookshelf. Is it sturdy enough to hold maximum number of books? May I have some idea about the price?

If it is not going to be between two walls, do you have a support for the sides?

• Collegiate Handyman March 30, 2008 at 05:33 AM Login to Reply →

I like the look of that, but almost $900 for it is pretty outrageous. Like Lis said, you can get those at just about any home improvement store for a whole lot less.

Just hit some studs with the wall mounting brackets and buy some pre-laminated mdf for the shelves. I wouldn’t imagine more than $100 for something like that.

But yes, very nice idea. Especially with today’s modern space-saving computers and tv’s. It works well.

• yacoob April 2, 2008 at 19:29 PM Login to Reply →

Yes very nice idea of Shelving especially with today’s modern space-saving computers and tv’s. It works well. I like the look and you can get those at just about any home improvement store for a whole lot less.

• Waqar Ahmad January 5, 2009 at 12:53 PM Login to Reply →

Yup, very nice desks.
    I would love to have one for me :)

• y August 23, 2009 at 14:01 PM Login to Reply →

just wondering.. how sturdy it would by if the desk was an armrest as well.. you know.. those long tiring nights… i wouldn’t recommend… unless you don’t lean on it like i would.. and yeah.. kinda expensive..