Save Space in a Small Bathroom with "Washup"

Save Space in a Small Bathroom with “Washup”

The “Washup” is a conceptual design integrating a washing machine with toilette-flush. This new concept is a sustainable and space saving water consumption device that reuses the water that cleans the clothes in the washer to flush the toilet. The “Washup” is certainly a great solution for the problem of location of washing machines in small bathrooms, and I’m sure that this concept would be something that every small place owner will want. And the second part of this a smart idea is that this “toilet + washing machine” conserves lots of water that would normally just be flushed away, something good for our planet. – Via – Core77 , Dvice, Gizmodo

• Tanya Palta March 23, 2008 at 10:50 AM Login to Reply →

Interesting in a scary way. Lets just hope the clothes dont tumble down!

• Michael March 23, 2008 at 12:18 PM Login to Reply →

Yes, you are right, that’s the most important thing someone who uses this kind of washing machine might take care.

• Whale March 24, 2008 at 15:32 PM Login to Reply →

My cloths always smell like poop!

I wonder why.

• Daniel March 24, 2008 at 17:40 PM Login to Reply →

where the wash water is stored? Or I can only go to the toilet when I’m washing clothes?

Anyway, where do I get one of those.

• Jokke March 31, 2008 at 09:51 AM Login to Reply →

Haha, I hope the water doesn’t go the other way around :p

• asareh May 4, 2008 at 08:23 AM Login to Reply →

oh my god
    it’s like one of the game in the play city

• Bigwasho May 20, 2008 at 20:31 PM Login to Reply →

I bet Dot Cotton wouldnt have it……. would they do it in white, if I had a bend blocker would the pressure of the washer force it away ! and wouldnt it shake from the wall when spinning !

• Joe June 12, 2008 at 17:33 PM Login to Reply →

I love the great concept, very eco-friendly, I wonder if it is possible to reposition the washing
    machine. I’m worried about the weight of the washing machine when fully loaded
    with water, the machine produces force when spinning. ;)

• Jamie June 22, 2008 at 02:17 AM Login to Reply →

Hahaha! – Thats fantastic, I want one!

• fivekitten June 26, 2008 at 17:13 PM Login to Reply →

The concept is great – the design is poor.

It’s too high, and over the toilet is ridiculous,
    as well as the points others mentioned about weight, etc.

Focusing on side-by-side or back-to-back design would be more practical.

Or, for larger homes, separating the too and focus on the piping.

Ya, and wonder about smell and fumes traveling through the pipes.

But great concept. Seems a waste to use fresh water to flush the toilet.

Although I can see a lot of mud going down the toilet after washing the kids soccer clothes…

• MEEP October 13, 2008 at 00:00 AM Login to Reply →

wtf… my toilet has a backpack that washes clothes
    this is a failed attempt to be all cool and modernistic

• MEEP October 13, 2008 at 00:01 AM Login to Reply →

what if while youre loading that thing a piece of clothing drops…..?

• Isaac December 2, 2008 at 16:29 PM Login to Reply →

That is a great invention but is too ugly. And where will the dryer be?

• OLE February 28, 2009 at 19:02 PM Login to Reply →

Whats’ next? A dryer that blows the lint into the attic for insulation? All kidding aside, great concept, but the design needs some work.

• Chinature July 9, 2009 at 00:42 AM Login to Reply →

I hope it has been a mature prodcuts. and How much does it cost?I like it and wish it is very reliable and easily used.

• Chris January 12, 2010 at 06:31 AM Login to Reply →

GREAT CONCEPT!!! BAD Design. Why Does the washer have to be on the toilet? It doesn’t, just need to focus on the piping. Overall, it is a very good concept.

• Gary March 3, 2010 at 15:05 PM Login to Reply →

Great concept but the detergent is probably going to foam over the toilet hahaha.

• shivs April 18, 2010 at 01:16 AM Login to Reply →

Really people above would one simply not put down the lid when loading and unloading the toilet and also…would it not be vibrating everywhere that a washing machine may vibrate…what I would like to know is whether there is an extra tank somewhere storing all the water…perhaps thats what those things surrounding the actual toilet are…fabulous idea and clearly designed as a space saver…i hope i get to have one