16 of the Most Extreme & Modern Beds You'll Ever See

16 of the Most Extreme & Modern Beds You’ll Ever See

Ever wanted to have a super bedroom to amaze your friends or your girlfriends? If you need a little inspirational help for this task here is a collection of 16 of the most extreme & modern beds you’ll ever see. Now let’s begin…

1. Private cloud looks like a giant rocking chair, or to be more exact like a rocking bed. Private cloud is not a normal bed, is something that wants to revolutionize every bedroom. The bed requires a little more space than a “normal” bed but I’m pretty sure that this bed can offer new experiences to any couple. More pictures here.

2. At a first glance you might be asking yourself  “what is this ?”  because the Feel Seating System designed by Animi Causa has a really cool and unusual shape. The shape is inspired by a molecular structure, the basic form for all objects is the universe. It is made of 120 sofa balls covered with elastic fabric. If you are a playful person you can use it in many creative ways, because the structure of the feel allows to create multiple forms.

3. Designed by the studio of invention Décadrages and marketed under the brand name BedUP, the bed that falls from the ceiling is an innovation that will save 4 m² in your apartment and for someone who lives in a small space … 4 m²  is pure gold. By day, the bed is stored on the ceiling, the under-surface becomes ceiling with the possibility of integrating lighting. At night, the bed can come down in the manner of an elevator and stops at the height previously requested, thus avoiding moving furniture that would have been placed underneath it. Now besides being functional, this bed has a clean design that is discreet and elegant. More pictures here.

4. A bookcase that transforms into a bed ? I’m sure that a lot of people who played tertis might smile when see this idea. The bookcase/bed combination works together to help maximize space and give your walls a little extra pop of color. A mattress stands upright in four bits and forms the bulk of the bookcase. These surround five storage shelves which are suspended in mid-air by a wall mounted frame. The mattress sections are placed on the floor and slot together to form the bed with two parts for a single, or all four to make a double. In conclusion this idea looks awesome and the only problem I see is the time you’ll need to make up your bed every morning.

5. Hi-Can is an “High Fidelity Canopy” designed by Italian designer Edoardo Carlino. The Hi-Can high fidelity canopy features beautifully designed equipment that allows you to surf the web, watch movies, play games and listen to music all from the comfort of your bed. This bed provides you a lot of technology at your fingertips from the moment you just woke up and is a perfect tool that aims to make your lives more sedentary. You get a projector, a sound system, a projection screen, a DVD player and all the relevant input.

6. The Scoop! is a very original idea for a bed designed by Guido Rosati for Saba Italia. Scoop! is a sophisticated and innovative answer to the demand for combining the sofa function with the bed function. The two semi-circular sides of the bed can be separated resulting two new pieces of furniture. This bed is a great way to surprise your guests, and also you can be proud to have a stylish contemporary bed and two sofa’s in the same time. More pictures here.

7. In the picture below you can see a sofa bed with removable covers and integrated/patented mechanism which transforms the sofa into a bunk bed. Doc XL furnishes the day area and with a simple movement transforms into a practical ready made bunk bed with integrated supporting ladder and protection guard.

8. This sofa bed is called “Book” and is designed by the Italian designers from Flou. Ideal boundary between day and night, Book has a dual function that makes it particularly suitable for small spaces. By day the sofa is a modern, linear and elegant and by the night turns with a simple gesture in a comfortable bed rest with a plan staves. The sofa isn’t to beautiful at a first glance, but when we think that is a piece of furniture that can also become a bed we skip this detail.

9. Have you ever wanted a floating bed  like those from SciFi movies ? Now it’s almost possible. The Fluttua bed from Lago has the appearance that it is floating. To give the bed its floating appearance, the frame was attached to the wall and supports a single post under the center. I’m sure that this bed can have a strong impact on your visitors, and they will be quite impressed.

10. The computer bed is a normal bed which makes an intelligent use of the space below the bed. The gas pistons enable the bed to double up as a computer table. Available here in twin only at $3650, with metal bed frame and wooden slat foundation.

11. As you can see this is not just a very comfortable bed, he also has some technology incorporated. The bed features a home cinema rack fitted between the two headboard bolsters that offers enough space for items such as a DVD player and games consoles. As soon as the film is over, all you have to do is touch a button on the remote control and the screen disappears inside the foot section. If you want more details about The RUF-Cinema Bed you can find more here.

12. Check out this interesting idea, a bed suspended on a rope. Teak platforms suspended from heavy-gauge rope take center stage, while a punchy orange-striped fabric on the wall and Roman shade create a seamless backdrop. The visual effect of these suspended beds is just awesome, but I wouldn’t recommend a bed like this to someone who’s sleeping like a rabbit and wakes up at the slightest sound.

13. Zoom-Room, is far from being simply “a bed” or traditional “wall bed”, is a design solution that allows you to think of the rooms in your home in a completely different way. This bed will appear if you just press a button on the wireless remote control. When the button is pressed that sends the premium latex mattress as well as German-designed slatted frame gliding down a vertical track and into your space. The bed measures a mere 24″ deep, making it pretty much undetectable to the untrained eye. If you would like to find exactly how this bed work you can see a video on Zoom-Room page. The price for this wall bed is starting at $7000.

14. Point Architects from Tokyo combined a bed with a bookcase and the result was called the Uroko House. The incredible bookcase completely surrounds this bed, making him looks like an igloo made of books. The final results looks good, but unfortunately is not to practical and takes a lot of space, but I’m sure that little kids will love this project.

15. This bed is really strange, because its designed for just a specific sleeping position. As you can see this bed may be perfectly shaped for the fetal position, but who can sleep in just one position all night ? This leads me to the idea that this bed definitely wasn’t designed for a good night’s sleep.

16. A flat TV panel is hidden under the bed and slides out to position itself for the optimum viewing while in bed. I’m sure that every man will want a TV like that in their bedroom or in their collection of home gadgets. – Via – A TV that’s Perfect for Every Bedroom

• Bed TV
  • zoom-room-bed
  • bedroom-books-1
  • book-bedroom-2
  • position-bed
  • tv-bed

• Lone March 18, 2008 at 16:22 PMLogin to Reply →

Is it me or do most designer beds seem to cater to anyone in or around 5.5ft (1.52m) tall (I know, most are concepts).

The Fetal position bed looks more like a art piece than an actual design.

Feel Seating System (ball bed) seems more suited for lounging than a bed. Lots of unsupported body points and no way to know how the balls feel.

Still dont like the HI-can canopy thing. There are more elegant ways to incorporate media into a living space that doesnt require sleeping in an iPod.

Despite half of the 08 IKEA catalog being sofa beds, I like the Scoop. On the other hand I somehow feel like Ive seen it before, something from the last 20-30 years. What would bring it together would be to carve out a circular foot rest from the center. The current seat cushions are so deep a fully reclined adult, by comparison, would look like a child whose feet cant touch the ground.

• Matt March 18, 2008 at 16:28 PMLogin to Reply →

Amazing collection. I had no idea beds like these existed. Some of these designs would make great space savers for dorm rooms and mobile homes.

• rick March 18, 2008 at 19:11 PMLogin to Reply →

Either it is amazing efficiency or amazing laziness.

• chris March 18, 2008 at 23:06 PMLogin to Reply →

Rocking Bed is SICK!!

Check out the Selex Blok bed on the front page of http://www.my-homefurniture.com
    Serioussss….

• Adragontattoo March 18, 2008 at 23:13 PMLogin to Reply →

I love how Murphy beds are becoming something chic and awe inspiring again.

I have a handymans book from the late 50’s showing how to build one. Murphy beds while cool, are definetely NOT new.

• Angry Chinese Driver March 18, 2008 at 23:27 PMLogin to Reply →

Simply beautiful and amazing.

My favourite is the one that elevates to the ceiling when not in use, but I’d be scared of it falling down! :S

• J. Arthur March 19, 2008 at 00:23 AMLogin to Reply →

That is great. I like the really strange bed.

• Meg March 19, 2008 at 00:26 AMLogin to Reply →

Thank goodness I’m 5’2″! These are some pretty wicked beds.

• rob March 19, 2008 at 00:29 AMLogin to Reply →

I think what is interesting is how you can bring comfort and luxury to an apartment that has a total footprint of less than 400 square feet.
    Combining dining, living areas and entertainment into a convertible sleeping area that is not an after thought.

• SJ March 19, 2008 at 00:57 AMLogin to Reply →

These are great! If I had the “Hi-can” I might not ever leave the bed except for the bathroom. If they build that in I would be set.

• Nick March 19, 2008 at 02:10 AMLogin to Reply →

This list means nothing without the floating magnet bed:

• John March 19, 2008 at 02:16 AMLogin to Reply →

You’ve got to love free thinking designers. Oh, what a great break from the traditional.

• Chloe March 19, 2008 at 04:16 AMLogin to Reply →

You forgot the levitating bed… no really levitating with powerful electromagnets. Even cooler than the floating bed up there.

• Mitch March 19, 2008 at 04:41 AMLogin to Reply →

The “Computer Bed” looks amazing, I could really do with something like that; being a minimal person myself. It looks so efficient. I’m not sure about that price though, jesus. I’d expect to get the laptop and accessories included if I paid that much, and the gas pistons? Why not use your fucking arms?

I’m not sure about the Hi-Can. I mean, the average internet junkie has everything he/she needs right there, you’d never have to move. I wouldn’t want everything I need in one bed, I’m glad I have to walk and make effort for the things I want. You take that away from someone and that’s it! They’ll be a couch/bed potatoe forever.

The fecal position bed does look more art than bed, Lone’s right.

The “Point Architects” just looks annoying, and silly. It looks as if they’ve had a bright idea, but not designed it well enough, there’s no good look to it.

I can almost gaurantee the floating bed would topple under the weight of a big guy or girl, I mean, unless it’s screwed in deep with huge screws.

I probably wouldn’t be able to sleep on the “Feel Seating System,” although it looks incredibly comfortable to lounge on. But if you lose your cell phone in that spherical mess, you’ll be putting your arm into a virtual asshole to get it back.

Great post as usual!

• trans_lux March 19, 2008 at 05:17 AMLogin to Reply →

You must include the mag lev bed!
    Just please do not leave in the body piercings.

• ken March 19, 2008 at 05:53 AMLogin to Reply →

The first thing I hear any sleep expert say is “don’t do anything in your bed but sleep!”. So what do half of these “designer” beds do? Put a TV right in the bed. Epic fail.

The other problem I have with beds is that they’re frequently hard to fit into a small apartment. For all of the space-saving tricks these beds have once installed, they look like they fail at saving space while being moved.

Some of these look neat, but they all look fairly impractical.

• tracy ho March 19, 2008 at 07:58 AMLogin to Reply →

Innovative design for the century , impressed ,

Enjoy reading your post .

Tracy Ho
    wisdomgettingloaded

• Tanya Palta March 19, 2008 at 10:42 AMLogin to Reply →

Great post idea and you have listed some pretty neat beds! My personal fav is the Floating Bed!

• Miss Cellania March 19, 2008 at 12:26 PMLogin to Reply →

I like almost all of them, but the bookcase/tetris bed caught my attention. Sure, it would be difficult to make up every day, but it would make a great “guest bed” when you need it.

• Michi March 19, 2008 at 14:11 PMLogin to Reply →

Nice beds! I like the one with lots of balls(?).

• Lorena Fernández-Fernández March 19, 2008 at 15:56 PMLogin to Reply →

These are really interesting architectural beds… very smart… I’m not sure if these are working in all the spaces but definitely these are working in more spaces that a conventional bed… Love architectural lines… I love “Private cloud” and “High Fidelity Canopy” in both you would need a big space.
    Thanks for your post!

• Anonymous March 19, 2008 at 17:18 PMLogin to Reply →

16 of the Most Extreme & Modern Beds You’ll Ever See…

Ever wanted to have a super bedroom, to amaze your friends, or your girlfriends ? If you need a little inspirational help for this task here is a collection of 16 of the most extreme & modern beds you’ll ever see. Now let’s begin …..

• Jennifer Miller March 19, 2008 at 23:36 PMLogin to Reply →

Wow, I love Modern furniture, there are some really neat beds there, thanks for sharing!!

• mark March 20, 2008 at 06:13 AMLogin to Reply →

I like the floating bed.

• At Home with kim vallee March 20, 2008 at 18:25 PMLogin to Reply →

I would like to relax in the Feel Seating System. I imagine myself in front of the fireplace or having a few ball beds for a huge outdoor party. The Scoop! is also neat. Thanks for compiling an impressive list of out-of-the-ordinary beds.

• jane thing March 22, 2008 at 05:20 AMLogin to Reply →

these beds could feed a small country. fuck this, i’ll keep sleeping on a bathmat.

• guida March 22, 2008 at 19:24 PMLogin to Reply →

well i liked alot of the bed ideas but te rope bed how do you keep it from falling down? the one way sleep bed did not like it.
    I liked the other ones and the one that you can pull apart and make two sofas then you can put it together as a bed for people who come and stay the night with you, there is good ideas and some are bad ideas, but all of this looks like it was made for the rich not the porr but that is my thoughts.

• dee heiler March 23, 2008 at 20:08 PMLogin to Reply →

THESE BEDS ARE VERY EXPENSIVE. WHY NOT USE THE MONEY FOR GOOD USE. MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DON’T EVEN HAVE A BED. THEY HAVE TO SLEEP ON DIRT OR HARD WOOD. WHAT A WASTE

• Telkom March 24, 2008 at 15:23 PMLogin to Reply →

The igloo is the best! You could probably sleep for weeks inside there in pure darkness

• Sofá litera March 25, 2008 at 07:01 AMLogin to Reply →

[…] Vía: freshome.com […]

• Fird March 25, 2008 at 16:52 PMLogin to Reply →

Oh my, I would love to have that sofa bed double decker!

• Doro April 1, 2008 at 14:30 PMLogin to Reply →

These beds must also be amoungh the most expensive ones. I’d love the have one of them for my birthsday

• Braintrove.com April 1, 2008 at 20:54 PMLogin to Reply →

Fun! Some of those are interesting… others just plain crazy!

• Ram Patel April 2, 2008 at 21:39 PMLogin to Reply →

Wow crazy beds! We bought a low platform bed from http://www.livingitup.co.uk thats as adventurous as we got!

• shine April 11, 2008 at 05:16 AMLogin to Reply →

I would love to have any one of these beds, excluding the fetal position bed. I don’t really know how I could use that one and dress it up if only as a conversation piece. I would definitely love the High Fidelity Canopy, The Scoop, the Private cloud and Feel Seating System. All look really comfy and have a little something extra :)

• Jess April 12, 2008 at 05:58 AMLogin to Reply →

Ya know, I did actually look at the first bed, and my first thought was “hat is this?”

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. Cool stuff.

• Chris April 12, 2008 at 19:53 PMLogin to Reply →

That one made out of balls looks really comfortable.

• Parv April 13, 2008 at 18:29 PMLogin to Reply →

Wow .. great beds ..how can we know the costing of these beds ?

• Hana April 17, 2008 at 15:27 PMLogin to Reply →

Wow never seen beds look like this…. R they comfy or am i just wastin my money?

• bathroombuzz April 19, 2008 at 01:42 AMLogin to Reply →

indeed extreme, but I don’t mind to be given the hi-can ;)

• casasbarlavento April 23, 2008 at 16:27 PMLogin to Reply →

What a orginal topic !

I don’t know if I would get one, but at least would be something different to put in home.

• Roberta April 24, 2008 at 17:18 PMLogin to Reply →

Amazing!!!

• Vinod May 11, 2008 at 22:12 PMLogin to Reply →

Great ideas! I found a great bed at bedswing.com they are quite hanging beds that come in a variety of sizes and styles.

• Brittany Carrasco May 15, 2008 at 18:10 PMLogin to Reply →

Hey OMG i love these beds!! The most weirdest lookin bed is the man shaped bed…
    Well im at School ryt now…so holla back!

• eva shirk May 15, 2008 at 18:16 PMLogin to Reply →

i really like your beds their nice but how are you supose to sleep on that man shaped bed without falling off and my favorite is the flat tv panel bed it looks confotable and it would be a nice bed to get your hanky panky on

• Lucy May 21, 2008 at 13:45 PMLogin to Reply →

really like your beds

• Jackie May 21, 2008 at 14:23 PMLogin to Reply →

i love your beds!! i absoulutly love the designs

• Scarlett May 23, 2008 at 13:50 PMLogin to Reply →

Seriously…run a grammar/spell check on this article! It’s almost impossible to read due to the sheer number of typoes.

• minal June 2, 2008 at 10:06 AMLogin to Reply →

it was so relishing experience….i just loved it

• lauren June 9, 2008 at 11:32 AMLogin to Reply →

i love the designs of your beds

• kacy June 12, 2008 at 21:04 PMLogin to Reply →

omg those r the coolest bed i have evr seen!!!!!!! i really like the one with all the balls 2 make the bed

• Lya June 15, 2008 at 20:26 PMLogin to Reply →

These are really cool beds!!! I’m looking at them because I’m redoing my room.

• haya June 22, 2008 at 14:39 PMLogin to Reply →

Extremly STRANGE !! But I love them !! so cool I wonder where can I get them ;)

Keep It Up , <3

• darcy June 30, 2008 at 11:13 AMLogin to Reply →

omg these beds are the nuts wow wowowowow!
    i want the one that looks like s house!!

• Jennifer July 9, 2008 at 19:19 PMLogin to Reply →

Neat! Interesting and a lot of them are practical. I must say that most are space saving and that is great.

• Hunter July 14, 2008 at 20:34 PMLogin to Reply →

I LOVE THESE BEDS! I COULD SLEEP IN EVERY SINGLE ONE, AND I COULD SPIT ALL OVER THEM TOO!@

• noob July 31, 2008 at 22:43 PMLogin to Reply →

these baeds r alright… i lierk the tv bed XD

• sammie August 17, 2008 at 08:17 AMLogin to Reply →

the orange sofa that turns into the bunk bed sought of thing was well cool i wish i had a bed like that. the “hi-can” is an excellant bed if i had one i would never ever go antwhere i would just stay in it all day.

• sammie August 17, 2008 at 08:20 AMLogin to Reply →

• Erin August 30, 2008 at 13:01 PMLogin to Reply →

where can i get a bed like the one with the tv that thing must cost like a fortune.

• Sujith August 31, 2008 at 03:24 AMLogin to Reply →

Cool concepts…feel seating sysytem is simply amazing

• emily December 21, 2008 at 01:46 AMLogin to Reply →

wow i can’t believe it! those are insane!

• Tevami January 7, 2009 at 15:06 PMLogin to Reply →

Great article. Nice way to make a normally boring subject very interesting.

• allie January 9, 2009 at 18:21 PMLogin to Reply →

that is so cool

• topmaxtech April 22, 2009 at 02:40 AMLogin to Reply →

Very, very beautiful

The beauty of your Asrni

• loretta April 28, 2009 at 16:13 PMLogin to Reply →

all those beds are very interesting!

• JP May 31, 2009 at 02:24 AMLogin to Reply →

LOL I love the floating bed. No more stubbing toes!

• miley June 5, 2009 at 16:38 PMLogin to Reply →

i hav alot of wat they just showed….show me something new! :)

• ana June 23, 2009 at 00:09 AMLogin to Reply →

I honsitly think the beds here are absolutely amazing, as in “omg,this is
    so weird,but I love it so much because I never seen anything like this..”..
    so yeah i think who ever has created these bed’s are a genius and are extremely
    talented with what ever they do/”making extreme beds”!!…”=]…Keep up the
    coolest work i have ever seen so far!!…Oh by the way the best bed i have
    seen here so far are:”Bed Suspended On A Rope”,”High Fedelity Canopy”..oh
    and of course the “Floating Bed”

• brad June 25, 2009 at 00:35 AMLogin to Reply →

awesome beds who thought of them madd ideas :)

• Sonia July 6, 2009 at 07:48 AMLogin to Reply →

All the designs are simply wonderful…thanks alot for sharing..

• Lysola September 23, 2009 at 02:59 AMLogin to Reply →

Beautiful and creative but.. A lot of those beds are “space saving” beds.. it is so sad that people doesn’t have space anymore to live comfortably with a huge “need-my-own-room” bed…

• oneoldman October 2, 2009 at 04:38 AMLogin to Reply →

Pretty cool but the “fetal position” bed is actually a photoshop :)

• Mark Beds October 28, 2009 at 14:58 PMLogin to Reply →

Loving those beds… just wish you could buy em in the store.

• Shelley Cooper November 11, 2009 at 14:42 PMLogin to Reply →

these beds are a bit too ultra dynamic..how will they actually function under real day to day scenarios….a bit too weird and unpractical…for me especially the fetal position bed ..doesn’t anyone actually roll during the night or do you all sleep like statues?

• hypnos February 19, 2010 at 13:21 PMLogin to Reply →

Beautiful, yes, but practical, probably not!
    Though the floating bed could be worth having.

• lisa walker February 25, 2010 at 09:45 AMLogin to Reply →

love the beds, but those beds with the TV’s are promoting obesity, lol. x

• Top Twenty Lists August 3, 2010 at 07:43 AMLogin to Reply →

DANG!!! these are amazing. The world is full of creativity…some people just know how to channel it.

• awanmade September 7, 2010 at 06:37 AMLogin to Reply →

veryy nice idea..fresshhh n beutiful design….

• awanmade September 7, 2010 at 06:50 AMLogin to Reply →

very nice idea…..fresh n beautifull design…

• royalfuzziness September 15, 2010 at 16:40 PMLogin to Reply →

Do they have a bed that folds up like a suitcase, and you pop out of the top like a piece of toast!

• braxton November 19, 2010 at 00:07 AMLogin to Reply →

my bed is way better

• Bestoti January 12, 2011 at 10:10 AMLogin to Reply →

This is so AWESOME. I love the one shaped like a man sleeping.

• kidscharacterbedroom January 12, 2011 at 12:33 PMLogin to Reply →

These beds are amazing, very ingenius designs, agree with the perfect night sleep bed, think you would spend most of the night falling off it

• Uratex - Foam March 2, 2011 at 16:39 PMLogin to Reply →

The one with the sofa balls is really amazing. I’d wonder how they invented that? Really cool. :)

• hamza ameer April 26, 2011 at 08:27 AMLogin to Reply →

i dont like these beds …….yukkkkkkkkk toooooooooo bad

• サッカー ユニフ March 2, 2013 at 09:54 AMLogin to Reply →

Good post once again. Thumbs up.

• abhi July 6, 2014 at 04:32 AMLogin to Reply →

Excellent article, Thanks for sharing it!