Modern Floating Villa - Villa Nackros
Architecture

Modern Floating Villa – Villa Nackros

Advertising

Villa Nackros” was designed by Swedish architect, Staffan Strindberg, and is situated in the town of Kalmar on the east coast of Sweden. Villa Nackros offers a spacious, contemporary living environment that combines all the luxuries of the modern day home with the spatial freedom and unrivalled views that only waterfront living can provide. The 12×12 metre Villa has six rooms and a kitchen, a total of 178 m² of living area, 125 m² of terrace and 74 m² of windows but is crammed with technologies to enhance your lifestyle and create an ambience of tranquillity and harmony with nature. Nackros Villa sits securely and stably in the water with its 165 ton constructed weight and is impervious to wind, waves and winter ice. In conclusion a floating home like this is great. Just image yourself right now …waking up and taking a morning swim or just sitting on your floating home deck sipping a glass of wine while the sun sets on the water.

Via – Arkinetia ( Spanish )

• Villa Nackros
  • Villa Nackros Boat.
  • Villa Nackros Night View
  • Villa Nackros Interior View
  • Villa Nackros Interior
  • Villa Nackros Floating
  • floating villa
  • House Plan

• highchairs March 6, 2008 at 15:49 PM Login to Reply →

simply stunning.

• what March 6, 2008 at 15:54 PM Login to Reply →

165 tonnes?
    That does sound a bit much.

Also, where is the waterline on that thing?

• Ken Savage March 7, 2008 at 05:45 AM Login to Reply →

So say a boat drives by and kicks up a wake. That house wont rock around a bit? I can only imagine the structural stress on something that heavy.

• Yeah but April 5, 2008 at 21:53 PM Login to Reply →

Yeah but it’s in Sweeden. The thing’s probably sitting on ice 11 months a year.

• Steve July 27, 2008 at 02:36 AM Login to Reply →

Is that a washing machine pictured in the bottom level of the drawing? Absolutely bizarre.

• Sohail Rustam Khan March 30, 2009 at 14:45 PM Login to Reply →

Amazing work.. who doesnt want to live in a place like that. Its a kind of space that i would love to live in one day.. Great work.. keep it up.. :)

• [...] the spatial freedom and unrivalled views that only waterfront living can provide. The 12×12 metre Villa has six rooms and a kitchen, a total of 178 m² of living area, 125 m² of terrace and 74 m² of [...]

• Edd July 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM Login to Reply →

Wow! It’s great. I just want to have a request if may I use your house design
    in our major subject EE 158,about Lightning Layout…Tnx…

• simon adeniran December 12, 2009 at 19:00 PM Login to Reply →

I just want to have a request if may I use your house design
    in our major, can you sent me magazine to my address
    i will use for me business.

9, orotedo street
    off ishaga
    road surulere
    lagos
    nigerian

• michel May 1, 2010 at 19:05 PM Login to Reply →

Dear architects

Very well done
    A question How do you anchor the floater? chains or vertical poles hiden in the walls driven into the soil? and allowing the pontoon to move verticaly?
    what are the environment conditions? wind, current, waves? thanks michel

• amit July 5, 2010 at 12:24 PM Login to Reply →

good bilding

• dhee indonesia August 23, 2010 at 14:53 PM Login to Reply →

i just dream, if I live there. may be I can happy forever.

• IM NOT SAYING MYNAME August 24, 2010 at 15:39 PM Login to Reply →

how do u get to it

• trish December 13, 2010 at 14:51 PM Login to Reply →

It likely is the same as other floating concrete pad stuctures I’ve seen. It’s said they are unsinkable. Also I have seen even much larger.