Freshome
Home Apartments Design Ideas, Pictures and Decor Beautiful Small Apartment Design

Beautiful Small Apartment Design

Queeste Architecten designed a beautiful 30 square metre apartment, that includes a kitchen, bathroom, toilet, and living and sleeping space. I know that 30 square metre is a very small apartment, but look at these pictures, because they managed to do a great job with this limited space. Here are a few words from Queeste Architecten about this project :

Maff Apartment is a “bed & breakfast” located on the third floor in the attic of a private house in The Hague. The client and owner lives in the same building. A communal staircase provides access to the apartment, which functions autonomously from the rest of the building. The limited floor space of 30m² has been equipped with the following functions: a sleeping accommodation for 2 people a dining area for up to 4 people a kitchen a toilet a bathroom with shower an installations area various storage facilities. The goal of the design was to create a living environment that would be spacious despite the small volume, providing all the comforts belonging to luxurious contemporary lodging. In addition, Maff Apartment was to have a clear and strong identity to provide a sense of uniqueness for its users. – Via – Dezeen

apartment bedroom Beautiful Small Apartment Design new apartment Beautiful Small Apartment Design white apartment Beautiful Small Apartment Design

apartment kitchen Beautiful Small Apartment Design apartment bathroom Beautiful Small Apartment Design

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

21 responses to “Beautiful Small Apartment Design” - Add yours!

1. EoR said:
    March 3, 2008

Nice! I like how they used the whole space.

2. Summer said:
    March 16, 2008

OH man! This makes me really sad. I am moving into a 25square meter apt. in Tokyo in two weeks and am not allowed to make any changes or paint or do anything. I could definitely change my living experience with a cool design like that.

3. gouthaman said:
    May 24, 2008

Design is super & fantasty

4. FireSpell said:
    May 28, 2008

woooow thats so cool!

5. tiffani said:
    July 14, 2008

this is stupid and unrealistic. don’t waste my time

6. mira said:
    August 10, 2008

very smart, good idea to solve the problem w/ small space, very compact!

7. cherry said:
    August 28, 2008

even if its small its really cool!

8. E.K. Martin said:
    October 18, 2008

I would be curious to know why “tiffani” feels it is unrealistic? ‘Cause based on some pretty well-respected and ingrained mosern-era architectural ideas, form and function, when well integrated, usually result in what is believed to be a good living experience; good in the sense that the environment aids and adds to the functions a person (people)
    must perform in congruence with the cultural choices they have made that determine how they live.
    Given that all of this is true (and there is little or no evidence that it isn’t), then the way that the design here does an absolutely commendable job of making this under-roof, usually-wasted space work as both a kitchen and bedroom, the two 0f them sort of “overlapping” yet maintaining individual identities, it seems to me, then, to be the exact opposite of stupid and unrealistic.
    But I don’t mean that just because this all makes sense to me there isn’t something that “tiffani” knows that I don’t; and I would be more than graateful to learn it.

9. lvleph said:
    November 18, 2008

I believe that apartment may be bigger than mine. However, the efficiency of the setup may just make it look bigger.

10. Frank said:
    January 11, 2009

I feel sorry for this “tiffani” person…

11. Rytha said:
    March 19, 2009

I can’t believe Tiffani would comment that way… The design is brilliant and using every inches of the small area in such an exclusive and yet comfortable skills. I’m dying to have that apartment! Not only they are practical but very classic.

12. Chuckybill said:
    April 13, 2009

Hmmm, too much white…white is a bit cold, feels a bit like a hospital or doctors office – nic edesign though; would like to see it with some wood, some warmth, but not cluttered.

13. Vancata said:
    May 3, 2009

Really cool designe. For 30m2 apartment.
    And i was thinking mine 110m2 is small… Seems i didnt put the things
    right, so it pass perfect like this one.

14. Mohammed Anas said:
    July 7, 2009

coool,i mean the size and space form look little unmatch.
    if u have used regular roof,i would have look better,since space is very small n that roof causing some psychological disturbence.
    sorry to say,but i know criting a design is easy,but it all about designing which is very defficult.

15. grata said:
    November 3, 2009

A beautiful thing is never perfect.

16. mohammed lotfy said:
    January 10, 2010

very smart indeed…inspiring,
    just wanna know if the bed is really short or it may function???

17. whity said:
    March 5, 2010

very smart an comortable

18. whity said:
    March 5, 2010

very smart and comort

19. June 30, 2010

20. Andrew said:
    August 2, 2010

Well, trying to sit at that table with the ceiling pushing you forward at 45 degrees would be stupid and unrealistic. So would actually trying to cook anything on that cooktop with a glass window directly above it. If it doesn’t shatter from the heat and drop into your soup, it will certainly develop a nice grease stain all over it. I see a cooktop and a kitchen sink you couldn’t wash anything bigger than a coffee cup in, but no refrigerator. I agree with tiffani. Waste of time.

21. Jimmy said:
    February 20, 2011

Those whoever criticises this design should give a better design, which should meet with the requirements of the client. And they should read the article given above the photographs. A designer can do the design within the limitations of the available area, space, budget, rules and regulations (circumstances) etc….
    But still the design would have been fine tuned to make it more attractive… like introducing some more coloured effects like wood or strips etc….