15 Tips To Decorate a Romantic Bedroom for Valentines Day
Valentine’s Day is a day of celebration of love among lovers or couples. It is celebrated on 14th February every year. This day is named after 2 early Christian martyrs named Valentine. At the time when custom of courtly love began to amplify, this day became connected to romance and love. It all happened around the time of Geoffrey Chaucer in High Middle Ages. Today, this day is celebrated in almost every corner of the world, thanks to the great marketing and advertising. Moreover, it’s good to know that there occurs a day when lovers could possibly rekindle the old flame if the candles have burned out.
If you ask most of the people, they would reply that they do not believe in Valentine’s Day as everyday can be a valentine’s day and you do not need a day to celebrate this magnificent thing called love.But, then in this busy, competitive and cynical world, who gets the time to actually love their partner. Worst than that will be when your relationship is going through a rough patch. These are the things that every human will be facing as after all, we are humans and not divine creatures. At such inevitable times, this day comes to the rescue and serves as an auspicious moment when one could re-unite with their respective partners, forgetting everything else and putting your partner at the very center of your attention. Besides, this day will sprout branches of past memories when you made a promise that you will never leave your partner till death does you both apart.
Those days will be revived when you were a slave to your love’s charms. Time will be flowing like a river, wave after wave, quite unlike your daily hectic routine. These are some moments which will get etched in your memory for a lifetime. So, you must be thinking of the so many magical things that can occur on that day. One of the romantic “magical things” is the bedroom in which you can really spill the wine of love on your partner. So, here are some very important tips for how to decorate your bedroom on Valentine’s Day and treat your partner with serendipity.
1. Lighting can be very effective to spice up the romance in both of you. Also, keep the lighting not so sparkling i.e. soft lightning should be the way.
2. Candles can evoke feelings of intimacy. They also let the stress run away and make your eyes focused on the pulchritude of your love and the candle light. Also, they give a romantic look to the room. Besides, they should be grouped together in many corners of the room for the best effect.
3. Make it a point to add dimmer switch to the lightning so that psychologically, you will be induced to romantic feelings.
4. Also, one should place mirrors in such a way that it will reflect the softened light. This will give more depth to your bedroom.
5. One should select such window curtains or dressings that are plush, alluring and dark so that it can curb lights from traffic or any sort of external noise from intervening in the romantic mood that is created.
6. Also, the window dressing, if matched with the bedding you choose will make a lot of difference to the whole look of the bed and the room, thus adding a buzz to the romantic appeal of the room.
7. Draperies or curtains that catch the wind and flow can make one feel like swaying to the charms of the respective partner. This will also add a zing to the romantic appeal of the room.
8. Bedding, obviously, is the pivotal point of the whole décor of the bedroom as it’s the criteria of the impression that is created in front of the partner. Silk and satin can be the perfect fabrics for your bed. It will give you a relaxed comfort in the bed, making it cozy and thus sexy for the night.
9. If one could not afford the expense of silk and satin, then they could go for sateen. It is really unbelievable too that same cozy and luxurious effect can be felt with 100% cotton sateen sheets. Also, you do not have to pay your arm and a leg for the material, thus making you feel more comfortable and relieved of the high cost. This comfort will help you in your bed too.
10. Choosing the color of the bedding remains as central as ever to the fortunes of your romantic night. One can do everything right, but miss the bus on colors and spoil everything, thus resulting into a pure wastage of hard work. It could be very frustrating indeed if any such thing occurs. So, one should go for pearl, gold or bronze as they are known to create an environment of romance into your bed. Just do not go for any of the unconventional colors such as grey, yellow or pink. Red, black, white, blue and green are also some of the few popular colors that can be trusted upon to make use on that special night i.e. valentine’s night. Thus, one should be really cautious about colors, and for more info about colors take a look at our article – Room Color and How it Affects your Mood.
11. Adding an interesting texture for bedding is also equally important. Faux Fur, velvet and velour are soft, rich fabrics that can be made use for comforters, blankets and throw pillows. One of the best and well-known luxuries bedding maker is the Peacock-Alley. A warm, romantic bed linen set named as the Marrakech Ebony is offered by them. It is equipped with the shaded of gold, green and ebony in prints that are reminiscent of the African plains. Truly, they look romantic when highlighted by candlelight. Moreover, the Vienna Ensemble from Peacock Alley is 100% Egyptian cotton in white on white featuring eyelet lace.
12. If you are a big fan of the old-fashioned romance, then you could make use of Euro sham, coverlet, boudoir pillows. These kinds of pillows really take you to 1800’s with the interesting impression it gives due to its fabric.
13. Adding to the tips, if you would like to cut down the expenses a bit, then be creative i.e. try to design the bed according to your novelty. Just try to mix chic fabrics and create your own style of bedding. If your creation turns out to be good, then it can impress your partner like anything. Even if the creation does not turn out as good as expected, then too your partner will appreciate to the fact that as least you tried to be romantic, innovative and maneuver, unlike others who set the stage with a throw of some bucks. Thus, you can be safe in this approach
14. Adding a canopy to your bed will be also good but only if you want to go all out. It will give the bedroom a more spacious feel.
15. Finally, some soft romantic music and some potpourri will add a romantic zing as good romantic music really turns on the romantic corner of one’s mind. Besides, chocolates and champagne will generate a richer romantic feel.