Residence for an Art Collector
Architecture

Residence for an Art Collector

Today residence is designed by Ledbetter Fullerton Architects and is in New Orleans, LA.The owner of this house, an art collection, requested that the interiors be designed to highlight an extraordinary art collection while not feeling like a museum. A palette of neutral colors for fabrics, rugs, curtains, and wood paneling was chosen to create a warm surrounding for the collection of several hundred photographs and paintings. Every attempt was made to combine contemporary furnishings with European antiques in each room, emphasizing that the backdrop for the art is a comfortable home.

Louis XVI armchairs and bergeres and Biedermeier side tables and benches are combined with both custom pieces and modern pieces by the likes of Warren Platne, Mies van de Rohe, Le corbusier, Paul Kjaerholm, Edith Norton, Karl Springer, Florence Knoll, T.H Robsjohn Gibbins, and Christian Liagre.

• interior.jpg
  • interior5.jpg
  • interior6.jpg
  • interior7.jpg
  • interior2.jpg
  • interior3.jpg
  • interior4.jpg

• ruchi February 26, 2008 at 08:33 AM Login to Reply →

looking for the innovative design for interior of residence

• Krista H. March 29, 2008 at 03:01 AM Login to Reply →

I love the stairs!!!!

• Fidela Minhas April 27, 2009 at 19:37 PM Login to Reply →

Thank you for your help!

• White Teeth July 23, 2009 at 10:10 AM Login to Reply →

Really cool blog you have. Let the Force be with you or like say my friend from Khazahstan “great success”!

• rich jerk sneaky system February 24, 2010 at 20:26 PM Login to Reply →

I believe if I implement this information I will be able to suceed online. Thanks.

• Mothers April 15, 2010 at 18:15 PM Login to Reply →

This portal is so very good. I take a mass of impressive facts from this portal. Template on this portal so well. This is resource in internet. Increadible!I with my brother and sister want that Tthat site will be so respectable forever. That resource so respectable too.