Most Expensive Real Estate in the US
Architecture

Most Expensive Real Estate in the US

In the real estate world from US there is a new record for the most expensive property on the market in the US today. This house is on the market for $165 million, and for this huge sum of money you get – 6.5 acres of land that include four houses, an apartment and a cottage for the security staff. The stats here are dazzling: three separate pools, 29 bedrooms, a movie theater and a disco (the main house has just nine bedrooms). The home was built in 1927 for banker Milton Getz and designed by Gordon Kaufmann. Hearst bought for $120,000 in 1947. The LA times reports that the home is currently owned by attorney-investor Leonard M. Ross, who is looking for a “lifestyle change.” Ross bought the home in 1976.

If you had acted fast 20 years ago, when the home was briefly on the market, you could have picked this place up for $25 million. As Curbed LA mentioned the home has been in several movies including The Godfather, The Jerk and The Bodyguard.

Personally I like the home, but I’m aware that a home like this can cost you a lot of money, and you are just a simple human and this is just to big for someone. – Via – Latimes & BBC

• Sean Remington July 13, 2007 at 17:09 PM Login to Reply →

absolutely amazing!

• Andrew July 16, 2007 at 17:36 PM Login to Reply →

I want one like this :)

• Ian Wallace August 22, 2007 at 07:34 AM Login to Reply →

It is not as big as my house

• karol September 7, 2007 at 23:50 PM Login to Reply →

How many children can eat with that money and be rescued from dead ?

• bum sucker November 19, 2007 at 10:04 AM Login to Reply →

i love u all
    be my partners and i’ll eat u all in it and kill some celebritys while im at it.!!!!youre face!!!!!!

• Allie November 23, 2007 at 05:57 AM Login to Reply →

i love this house

• Megan November 23, 2007 at 05:59 AM Login to Reply →

This house is soooooooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it sooooo bad

• haki November 25, 2007 at 23:44 PM Login to Reply →

this makes me sick

• moeeeeeeeen December 4, 2007 at 15:47 PM Login to Reply →

my house is in bishops avenue with 8 bedrooms 10 baths and a theatre. i know all of u lot dont have a house u live with ur parents in a council estate.

• a follower of Jesus December 7, 2007 at 04:27 AM Login to Reply →

I know that this has nothing to do with this house but Jesus loves all of you and he wants to have a relationship with every single one of us.. he forgives all sins no matter how large or small you may think they are…I have sinned alot in my life and he has forgiven me from my sins. we are not perfect but with Christ on our side there is no way we can loose!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL

• jared December 23, 2007 at 16:29 PM Login to Reply →

it sooooo cool bye

• John January 10, 2008 at 06:46 AM Login to Reply →

i love this house!
    $165 million…
    there is 29 bedrooms. cooooooooooo..d!

• Hanna & leon February 12, 2008 at 10:51 AM Login to Reply →

wow

• AngheL February 20, 2008 at 12:14 PM Login to Reply →

give me a piece :p

• nathan February 28, 2008 at 09:54 AM Login to Reply →

this house is a load of shit my house it 2 times the size of this one an my swimming pool is to so suck ya mom

• George Watson March 7, 2008 at 23:45 PM Login to Reply →

i have a house which is valued at 11.8 million its got a cinema room 14 bedrooms, 11 bathrooms, underground garage, 70 ft long conservitory dont know if i spelt that right, 2 very long swimming pools, a games room, tennis court, a reception room, stables which are currenty hold 15 horses, helicopter pad with our own helicopter of course and i could go on for ages but just to top it off i’ve also got 45 acres of lovely green fields. and it makes this house a hunk of shit. goodday.

• benjamin annan March 10, 2008 at 11:41 AM Login to Reply →

I will like you to add the plans so that I can see how the rooms are set.

• bighouse March 16, 2008 at 00:39 AM Login to Reply →

haha I love how everyone reading this has a bigger or nicer house, even though they have problems spelling most of the names of their rooms.

• joe mamma April 1, 2008 at 00:15 AM Login to Reply →

holy crap moly

• Jeezuz Himself April 8, 2008 at 17:33 PM Login to Reply →

Let me tell you about my house… It’s called Heaven and there is nothing like it. But I sure would vacation in tis one, I’ll throw a HELL of a party!!!

• jeff April 13, 2008 at 09:30 AM Login to Reply →

If it cost 165 million to buy then i wonder what it cost a month in utilities

• chan May 9, 2008 at 09:20 AM Login to Reply →

ooff. thats one heck of a big house!

• Caryn May 9, 2008 at 11:09 AM Login to Reply →

First of all, why do people have to be so rude??? I’d live here and invite all my friends to live with me. I think that would be awesome.

• Jeezuz Himself May 9, 2008 at 13:41 PM Login to Reply →

Ok, Caryn, in that case I’ll be your friend, just don’t pass any utility bills to me.

• pat and ant May 27, 2008 at 02:49 AM Login to Reply →

holy cowww… me and my bf ant r considering this 8====D

• beverly June 5, 2008 at 22:35 PM Login to Reply →

That is the sickest house i have seen in my life.
    omg! i would love to live there it looks awesome. Well thats all i cant afford
    nice things like you so peace and love around the world for generations.

• Chase October 1, 2008 at 22:39 PM Login to Reply →

This house needs some palm trees. Really bad. Like the ones from realpalmtrees.com they have some nice images and interior design ideas as well as exterior too.
    But it is a nice house.

• Arianna December 12, 2008 at 22:26 PM Login to Reply →

This house is not all that great. I own 900 acres in Kentucky the grass is so green. We run an equestrian centre that houses 400 of the best horses from around the world. They are all top show-jumpers and are worth millions a piece. The house we live in is 45 000 square feet, it has 2 indoor pools, an underground bowling alley, a sauna and hot tub that has a capacity of 20 people, it has a movie theatre which has seating for 6o people. There are 3 indoor arenas, 2 round-pens, 3 horse walkers, 70 outdoor stables for shows, 600 stable block all indoor with cushioning floor and automatic feeders and waterers. A full size racetrack 7 outdoor show rings(grass), 3 grass arenas, 4 outdoor sand arenas. There is another residence on the property for the staff. 3 outdoor pools. This place that is advertised is such a small scale it makes me sick. Our property has been valued at over $999 million an don’t worry its not for sale anytime soon.

• Amber December 15, 2008 at 20:47 PM Login to Reply →

My husband and me are looking at this house. He is going into Major Baseball and he is a knuckle baller… I hope we end up getting it ;)

• Bethan & olivia March 16, 2009 at 12:57 PM Login to Reply →

we live in the U.S with a rich mom and dad. we r well rich!!!

• bobby April 29, 2009 at 19:49 PM Login to Reply →

i lov it soooooooo! much i want it now! he he heh! my brothers a
    NFL on the pitts steelers and im goin to get 400 million him and
    any 1 who wants it can hav 100 m but i would rather here with c
    aryn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bobby April 29, 2009 at 19:51 PM Login to Reply →

i lov it soooooooo! much i want it now! he he heh! my brothers a
    NFL on the pitts steelers and im goin to get 400 million him and
    any 1 who wants it can hav 100 m but i would rather liv here with
    caryn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sydney June 20, 2009 at 20:32 PM Login to Reply →

yes it is a beautiful house. But let me ask this one question:

how many children could be fed?
    How many animals saved?
    How many houses could homeless people have?

And who ever owns that house, do the really need it?

• Bowling Balls For Sale June 21, 2009 at 15:33 PM Login to Reply →

I spend a lot of time reading blogs and I have to say I’m impressed with your posts. It’s refreshing to find a blog that has valuable content such as yours. I’ll be a regular reader from now on, you can count on it.
    Thanks,
    Dennis

• kile July 5, 2009 at 21:45 PM Login to Reply →

she’s just so beautiful men!very beautiful

• cami August 28, 2009 at 19:08 PM Login to Reply →

i wish everyone would STOP bragging Jesus would not like you to LIE and say u have a “theatre,helicopter,tennis court and all that JUNK OF LIES” i hope ur not lien about ur stuff becaus THE EARTH PROBALLY NOS UR LIEN!!!!!!!!i live in missisppi and have two horses,5cat,and 2 dogs yeah and i live with my parents cause im a 10 year old.HAAHHHHA george watson even i know ur liein about your house!!!!!!!!!

• cami August 28, 2009 at 19:17 PM Login to Reply →

oh yeah please dont reply to me cause i probally or i want say or even look at wha t u sent me…..thanks bye JESUS LOVES U

• taylor swift August 28, 2009 at 19:22 PM Login to Reply →

dear cami,
    i lov what u wrote and its so cool that your a ten year old these people should stop braggin

• Alcander (the greek one) December 7, 2009 at 20:03 PM Login to Reply →

I have two houses one in paris (which is more like a chateau) and one in england (which i live in ) i have four people in my family and my house is four floor so we get one each my mumand dad have the 1 floor then my sister has the second and i have the third i get a secret room which nobody knows about haha and the ground floor has the kitchen, the living room. the ballroom, the two libraries, the utility room the dining room the banqueat room and of course underground is the indoor swimming pool and i have have a outdoor swimming pool and many other thing but it would take to long.

• Bella ann. December 13, 2009 at 06:53 AM Login to Reply →

I think it’s funny how people expect others to beleive there house is much better than this one. Yeah right!

• Rayanne December 21, 2009 at 16:26 PM Login to Reply →

I live in a council estate and yes i know i’m not rich but i’m still a good person.

So the size of your house is not the size of your heart.

• ********* January 28, 2010 at 17:32 PM Login to Reply →

stop bragging guys i own the house and i don’t brag as much as u

• snappin necks cashin checks February 5, 2010 at 19:20 PM Login to Reply →

people people the most expensive house in the world is a $500mill house that i own so suck it. and also i am willing to give a piece of it to the first person to call this number (519)-593-4598 and i look forward to giving you a free part of my house

• ilyas February 21, 2010 at 21:00 PM Login to Reply →

i want to have that house like crazy

• private live February 22, 2010 at 12:54 PM Login to Reply →

It’s only in my dream!
    I only want a warm house, not enough big!

• mike zoran February 25, 2010 at 18:33 PM Login to Reply →

DAAAAAAMN

• Saraaa Australia February 28, 2010 at 03:05 AM Login to Reply →

EVERYONE WHO CLAIMS THEY HAVE A BIGGER ESTATE ARE FULL ON LIERS!!!!! “OH LOOK AT ME I HAVE A 900 ACRE ESTATE”
    LIERS LIERS PANTS ON FIRE!!!
    HEY GEORGE WATSON!!!! if u have a bigger house… why are you wasting your time looking at this one????

• Ethan April 9, 2010 at 13:40 PM Login to Reply →

that IS my house ha-ha

• Harrison April 21, 2010 at 01:52 AM Login to Reply →

OH ya you guys who say you have a big house or the bigget like snapin neck cashin check you do not own that house because one its not in the usa and two WHY WOULD YOU BE LOOKING AT THIS HOUSE WHEN YOU SAY YOU HAVE THE 500MILL HOUSE YOU PEOPLE LIKE THAT MAKE ME SICK!!!!!!!!!

• ariana June 24, 2010 at 09:21 AM Login to Reply →

im kidding i dont have all those things in my house but i have some my house is big and anyway i never lie and im shore Arianna is a big lier!

• POINT ROCK July 6, 2010 at 09:38 AM Login to Reply →

I HAVE A BIGGER HOUSE THEN THAT SHOW OFF :p SUCK ON THIS HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA LOL

• redneck w/class September 29, 2010 at 12:55 PM Login to Reply →

I live outside. You can see me waving…look closely