Freshome
Home Architecture Design Ideas, Pictures and Inspiration Most Expensive Real Estate in the US

Most Expensive Real Estate in the US

expensive house Most Expensive Real Estate in the US

In the real estate world from US there is a new record for the most expensive property on the market in the US today. This house is on the market for $165 million, and for this huge sum of money you get – 6.5 acres of land that include four houses, an apartment and a cottage for the security staff. The stats here are dazzling: three separate pools, 29 bedrooms, a movie theater and a disco (the main house has just nine bedrooms). The home was built in 1927 for banker Milton Getz and designed by Gordon Kaufmann. Hearst bought for $120,000 in 1947. The LA times reports that the home is currently owned by attorney-investor Leonard M. Ross, who is looking for a “lifestyle change.” Ross bought the home in 1976.

If you had acted fast 20 years ago, when the home was briefly on the market, you could have picked this place up for $25 million. As Curbed LA mentioned the home has been in several movies including The Godfather, The Jerk and The Bodyguard.

Personally I like the home, but I’m aware that a home like this can cost you a lot of money, and you are just a simple human and this is just to big for someone. – Via – Latimes & BBC

2007 07 hearst thumb Most Expensive Real Estate in the US

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

52 responses to “Most Expensive Real Estate in the US” - Add yours!

1. July 13, 2007

absolutely amazing!

2. Andrew said:
    July 16, 2007

I want one like this :)

3. Ian Wallace said:
    August 22, 2007

It is not as big as my house

4. karol said:
    September 7, 2007

How many children can eat with that money and be rescued from dead ?

5. bum sucker said:
    November 19, 2007

i love u all
    be my partners and i’ll eat u all in it and kill some celebritys while im at it.!!!!youre face!!!!!!

6. Allie said:
    November 23, 2007

i love this house

7. Megan said:
    November 23, 2007

This house is soooooooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it sooooo bad

8. haki said:
    November 25, 2007

this makes me sick

9. moeeeeeeeen said:
    December 4, 2007

my house is in bishops avenue with 8 bedrooms 10 baths and a theatre. i know all of u lot dont have a house u live with ur parents in a council estate.

10. a follower of Jesus said:
    December 7, 2007

I know that this has nothing to do with this house but Jesus loves all of you and he wants to have a relationship with every single one of us.. he forgives all sins no matter how large or small you may think they are…I have sinned alot in my life and he has forgiven me from my sins. we are not perfect but with Christ on our side there is no way we can loose!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL

11. jared said:
    December 23, 2007

it sooooo cool bye

12. John said:
    January 10, 2008

i love this house!
    $165 million…
    there is 29 bedrooms. cooooooooooo..d!

13. Hanna & leon said:
    February 12, 2008

wow

14. AngheL said:
    February 20, 2008

give me a piece :p

15. nathan said:
    February 28, 2008

this house is a load of shit my house it 2 times the size of this one an my swimming pool is to so suck ya mom

16. George Watson said:
    March 7, 2008

i have a house which is valued at 11.8 million its got a cinema room 14 bedrooms, 11 bathrooms, underground garage, 70 ft long conservitory dont know if i spelt that right, 2 very long swimming pools, a games room, tennis court, a reception room, stables which are currenty hold 15 horses, helicopter pad with our own helicopter of course and i could go on for ages but just to top it off i’ve also got 45 acres of lovely green fields. and it makes this house a hunk of shit. goodday.

17. benjamin annan said:
    March 10, 2008

I will like you to add the plans so that I can see how the rooms are set.

18. bighouse said:
    March 16, 2008

haha I love how everyone reading this has a bigger or nicer house, even though they have problems spelling most of the names of their rooms.

19. joe mamma said:
    April 1, 2008

holy crap moly

20. Jeezuz Himself said:
    April 8, 2008

Let me tell you about my house… It’s called Heaven and there is nothing like it. But I sure would vacation in tis one, I’ll throw a HELL of a party!!!

21. jeff said:
    April 13, 2008

If it cost 165 million to buy then i wonder what it cost a month in utilities

22. chan said:
    May 9, 2008

ooff. thats one heck of a big house!

23. Caryn said:
    May 9, 2008

First of all, why do people have to be so rude??? I’d live here and invite all my friends to live with me. I think that would be awesome.

24. Jeezuz Himself said:
    May 9, 2008

Ok, Caryn, in that case I’ll be your friend, just don’t pass any utility bills to me.

25. pat and ant said:
    May 27, 2008

holy cowww… me and my bf ant r considering this 8====D

26. beverly said:
    June 5, 2008

That is the sickest house i have seen in my life.
    omg! i would love to live there it looks awesome. Well thats all i cant afford
    nice things like you so peace and love around the world for generations.

27. Chase said:
    October 1, 2008

This house needs some palm trees. Really bad. Like the ones from realpalmtrees.com they have some nice images and interior design ideas as well as exterior too.
    But it is a nice house.

28. Arianna said:
    December 12, 2008

This house is not all that great. I own 900 acres in Kentucky the grass is so green. We run an equestrian centre that houses 400 of the best horses from around the world. They are all top show-jumpers and are worth millions a piece. The house we live in is 45 000 square feet, it has 2 indoor pools, an underground bowling alley, a sauna and hot tub that has a capacity of 20 people, it has a movie theatre which has seating for 6o people. There are 3 indoor arenas, 2 round-pens, 3 horse walkers, 70 outdoor stables for shows, 600 stable block all indoor with cushioning floor and automatic feeders and waterers. A full size racetrack 7 outdoor show rings(grass), 3 grass arenas, 4 outdoor sand arenas. There is another residence on the property for the staff. 3 outdoor pools. This place that is advertised is such a small scale it makes me sick. Our property has been valued at over $999 million an don’t worry its not for sale anytime soon.

29. Amber said:
    December 15, 2008

My husband and me are looking at this house. He is going into Major Baseball and he is a knuckle baller… I hope we end up getting it ;)

30. Bethan & olivia said:
    March 16, 2009

we live in the U.S with a rich mom and dad. we r well rich!!!

31. bobby said:
    April 29, 2009

i lov it soooooooo! much i want it now! he he heh! my brothers a
    NFL on the pitts steelers and im goin to get 400 million him and
    any 1 who wants it can hav 100 m but i would rather here with c
    aryn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. bobby said:
    April 29, 2009

i lov it soooooooo! much i want it now! he he heh! my brothers a
    NFL on the pitts steelers and im goin to get 400 million him and
    any 1 who wants it can hav 100 m but i would rather liv here with
    caryn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Sydney said:
    June 20, 2009

yes it is a beautiful house. But let me ask this one question:

how many children could be fed?
    How many animals saved?
    How many houses could homeless people have?

And who ever owns that house, do the really need it?

34. June 21, 2009

I spend a lot of time reading blogs and I have to say I’m impressed with your posts. It’s refreshing to find a blog that has valuable content such as yours. I’ll be a regular reader from now on, you can count on it.
    Thanks,
    Dennis

35. kile said:
    July 5, 2009

she’s just so beautiful men!very beautiful

36. cami said:
    August 28, 2009

i wish everyone would STOP bragging Jesus would not like you to LIE and say u have a “theatre,helicopter,tennis court and all that JUNK OF LIES” i hope ur not lien about ur stuff becaus THE EARTH PROBALLY NOS UR LIEN!!!!!!!!i live in missisppi and have two horses,5cat,and 2 dogs yeah and i live with my parents cause im a 10 year old.HAAHHHHA george watson even i know ur liein about your house!!!!!!!!!

37. cami said:
    August 28, 2009

oh yeah please dont reply to me cause i probally or i want say or even look at wha t u sent me…..thanks bye JESUS LOVES U

38. taylor swift said:
    August 28, 2009

dear cami,
    i lov what u wrote and its so cool that your a ten year old these people should stop braggin

39. Alcander (the greek one) said:
    December 7, 2009

I have two houses one in paris (which is more like a chateau) and one in england (which i live in ) i have four people in my family and my house is four floor so we get one each my mumand dad have the 1 floor then my sister has the second and i have the third i get a secret room which nobody knows about haha and the ground floor has the kitchen, the living room. the ballroom, the two libraries, the utility room the dining room the banqueat room and of course underground is the indoor swimming pool and i have have a outdoor swimming pool and many other thing but it would take to long.

40. Bella ann. said:
    December 13, 2009

I think it’s funny how people expect others to beleive there house is much better than this one. Yeah right!

41. Rayanne said:
    December 21, 2009

I live in a council estate and yes i know i’m not rich but i’m still a good person.

So the size of your house is not the size of your heart.

42. ********* said:
    January 28, 2010

stop bragging guys i own the house and i don’t brag as much as u

43. snappin necks cashin checks said:
    February 5, 2010

people people the most expensive house in the world is a $500mill house that i own so suck it. and also i am willing to give a piece of it to the first person to call this number (519)-593-4598 and i look forward to giving you a free part of my house

44. ilyas said:
    February 21, 2010

i want to have that house like crazy

45. February 22, 2010

It’s only in my dream!
    I only want a warm house, not enough big!

46. mike zoran said:
    February 25, 2010

DAAAAAAMN

47. Saraaa Australia said:
    February 28, 2010

EVERYONE WHO CLAIMS THEY HAVE A BIGGER ESTATE ARE FULL ON LIERS!!!!! “OH LOOK AT ME I HAVE A 900 ACRE ESTATE”
    LIERS LIERS PANTS ON FIRE!!!
    HEY GEORGE WATSON!!!! if u have a bigger house… why are you wasting your time looking at this one????

48. Ethan said:
    April 9, 2010

that IS my house ha-ha

49. Harrison said:
    April 21, 2010

OH ya you guys who say you have a big house or the bigget like snapin neck cashin check you do not own that house because one its not in the usa and two WHY WOULD YOU BE LOOKING AT THIS HOUSE WHEN YOU SAY YOU HAVE THE 500MILL HOUSE YOU PEOPLE LIKE THAT MAKE ME SICK!!!!!!!!!

50. ariana said:
    June 24, 2010

im kidding i dont have all those things in my house but i have some my house is big and anyway i never lie and im shore Arianna is a big lier!

51. POINT ROCK said:
    July 6, 2010

I HAVE A BIGGER HOUSE THEN THAT SHOW OFF :p SUCK ON THIS HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA LOL

52. redneck w/class said:
    September 29, 2010

I live outside. You can see me waving…look closely