Freshome
Home Best Of Freshome : Inspiration, Ideas & Cool Ideas Room Color and How it Affects Your Mood

Room Color and How it Affects Your Mood

The colors of the rooms within your home need to bring out your personality. While most of us may not spend a lot of time thinking about room color, it affects every day of our lives. Room color can influence our mood and our thoughts. Colors affects people in many ways, depending upon one’s age, gender, ethnic background or local climate. Certain colors or groups of colors tend to get a similar reaction from most people – the overall difference being in the shade or tones used. So when it comes to decorating, it is important to choose wisely.

room color psychology Room Color and How it Affects Your Mood

In order to have a beautiful home, you do not have to worry about trends. Color trends will come and go. The people who live in a home make it beautiful by choosing colors that reflect their likes and their personalities. The trick is to blend those colors you like into a pleasing combination. Choosing color combinations is one of the most intimidating steps for beginners. Color has the power to change the shape and size of furnishings as well as the shape and size of the room itself. Selecting colors is not difficult if you equip yourself with some basic information about color and its effects, so let’s find out more about room colors, and how these influence your mood.

Choose Wisely!

Keep in mind that each color has a psychological value. Think about how those colors make you feel- they can influence any feeling from tranquility to rage. So when trying to create peace and harmony in your home, choose your colors wisely. Some colors in large amounts will have just the opposite affect on you and your loved ones’ moods.

What mood do you want to create? Which colors will help you achieve that mood?

Find clear answers to these questions. If you find this task difficult try to look at magazines, decorating books, blogs and websites for ideas, or let your fabric be your guide. In fact, this is a good approach to take even if you’re starting from scratch. Fabric, carpeting, furniture and tile are available in a more limited range of colors than paint, so choose them first and then decide on your paint color. Once you find something you like, limit the number of colors in a room to no more than three or four. Too many colors can make a room look busy or cluttered. Paint is fairly inexpensive and transforms a room more quickly than anything else, so you can afford to experiment a little.

Room Colors and Their Effects

Understand that colors behave in three basic ways : active, passive, and neutral. You can easily match every room’s colors to your personal desires, to your taste taste and to the room’s purpose. Light colors are expansive and airy, making rooms seem larger and brighter. Dark colors are sophisticated and warm; they give large rooms a more intimate appearance. Now let’s find out more about colors and what they can do to a room:

red room color Room Color and How it Affects Your Mood

Red raises a room’s energy level. It is a good choice when you want to stir up excitement, particularly at night. In the living room or dining room, red draws people together and stimulates conversation. In an entryway, it creates a strong first impression. Red has been shown to raise blood pressure, speed respiration and heart rate. It is usually considered too stimulating for bedrooms, but if you’re only in the room after dark, you’ll be seeing it mostly by lamplight, when the color will appear muted, rich, and elegant. Red, the most intense, pumps the adrenaline like no other hue.

yellow room color Room Color and How it Affects Your Mood
Yellow captures the joy of sunshine and communicates happiness. It is perfect for kitchens, dining rooms, and bathrooms, where happy colors are energizing and uplifting. In halls, entries, and small spaces, yellow can feel expansive and welcoming. Even though yellow although is a cheery color, it is not a good choice to use in main color schemes when it comes to designing a room. Studies show that people are more likely to lose their temper in a yellow interior. Babies also seem to cry more in a yellow room. In large amounts, this color tends to create feelings of frustration and anger in people. In chromotherapy, yellow is believed to stimulate the nerves and purify the body.

blue room color Room Color and How it Affects Your Mood

Blue is said to bring down blood pressure and slow respiration and heart rate. That is why it is considered calming, relaxing and serene, and it is often recommended for bedrooms and bathrooms. Be careful, however: a pastel blue that looks pretty on the paint chip can come across as unpleasantly chilly when it is on the walls and furnishings, especially in a room that receives little natural light. If you opt for a light blue as the primary color in a room, balance it with warm hues for the furnishings and fabrics. To encourage relaxation in the social areas ( family rooms, living rooms, large kitchens) consider warmer blues, such as periwinkle, or bright blues, such as cerulean or turquoise. Blue is known to have a calming effect when used as the main color of a room. Go for softer shades of blue. Dark blue has the opposite effect, evoking feelings of sadness. So refrain from using darker blues in your main color scheme. Stay with the lighter shades of blue to give you and your loved ones a calm effect.

green room color Room Color and How it Affects Your Mood

Green is considered the most restful color for the eye. Combining the refreshing quality of blue and the cheerfulness of yellow, green is suited for almost any room on the house. In the kitchen, green cools things down; in a family room or living room, it encourages unwinding but has enough warmth to promote comfort and togetherness. Green also has a calming effect when used as a main color for decorating. It is believed to relieve stress by helping people relax. Also believed to help with fertility, making it a great choice for the bedroom.

purple room color Room Color and How it Affects Your Mood

Purple in its darkest values (eggplant, for example) is rich, dramatic, and sophisticated. It is associated with luxury as well as creativity, and as an accent or secondary color, it gives a scheme depth. Lighter versions of purple, such as lavender and lilac, bring the same restful quality to bedrooms as blue does, but without the risk of feeling chilly.

orange room color Room Color and How it Affects Your Mood

Orange evokes excitement, enthusiasm and is an energetic color. While not a good idea for a living room or for bedrooms, this color is great for an exercise room. It will bring out all the emotions that you need released during your fitness routine. In ancient cultures orange was believed to heal the lungs and increase energy levels.

neutral room colors Room Color and How it Affects Your Mood

Neutrals (black, gray, white, and brown) are basic to the decorator’s tool kit. All-neutral schemes fall in and out of fashion, but their virtue lies in their flexibility: Add color to liven things up; subtract it to calm things down. Black is best used in small doses as an accent. Indeed, some experts maintain that every room needs a touch of black to ground the color scheme and give it depth. To make the job easier, you can rely on the interior designer’s most important color tool: the color wheel.

crimson room color Room Color and How it Affects Your Mood

Crimson can make some people feel irritable. Invoking feels of rage and hostility, this is a color that should be avoided as the main color of a room. Sitting for long periods of time in a room painted in this color will likely affect the peace and harmony you are striving to create in your home.

Color Effects on Walls and Ceiling

The ceiling represents one-sixth of the space in a room, but too often it gets nothing more than a coat of white paint. In fact, for decades, white has been considered not only the safest but also the best choice for ceilings. As a general rule, ceilings that are lighter than the walls feel higher, while those that are darker feel lower. Lower” need not mean claustrophobic: visually lowered ceilings can evoke cozy intimacy. As a general rule, dark walls make a room seem smaller, and light walls make a room seem larger.

Conclusion

These general guidelines are a good starting point in your search for a paint color. But remember that color choice is a very personal matter. You are the one who has to live with your new paint color, so choose a hue that suits you, your family and your lifestyle. If you have any other tips to share, please leave a comment below!

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

71 responses to “Room Color and How it Affects Your Mood” - Add yours!

1. CIB3R said:
    April 18, 2007

Good post! My old room in my mothers house it’s painted in blue and the room on my actual house it’s painted in white. Anyhow I don’t feel any difference between one and other one.

2. Michael said:
    April 18, 2007

You feel them, but you are not aware of them. :) Just spend some time in a room, and study the effects.

3. Gene said:
    April 18, 2007

Very interesting! How about the colors that we wear everyday? Same ideas?

4. Josh said:
    April 18, 2007

What the hell this doesn’t even make sense. Yellow is supposed to convey happiness yet it has been known to invoke anger and rage in people? Lol

5. Leeann said:
    April 19, 2007

Just wanted to tell you that I appreciate the info. It not only applies to room color, but personality. When I was younger, I was more drawn to red and black, more energy and lots of stimulating conversations. Now that I am older, I have found more time to be creative and do things that I have always wanted to do. So now, my favorite color is purple. Interesting.
    Thanks.

6. Jennifer said:
    April 19, 2007

Thanks for the advice on colors! I currently live in a “Neutral” space. Actually, every room in this apartment is a neutral white color. So I can’t wait to eventually get my own place and color the walls! >__

7. Jennifer said:
    April 19, 2007

(ahhh! One of the emotes I made chopped off my first comment!)
    Thanks for the advice on colors! I currently live in a “Neutral” space. Actually, every room in this apartment is a neutral white color. So I can’t wait to eventually get my own place and color the walls! When that time comes I’m definitely coming back to this article!

8. April 19, 2007

Interesting… The walls surrounding the office where my cube and all my co-workers cubes are is dark blue.

9. Linda said:
    April 22, 2007

As adults red is stimulating for us, however if you follow Rudolf Steiner’s Anthroposphical views, he indicates that it is the opposite for children. For children it has a claming effect, if you give a ‘rowdy’ child a pot of red (only)paint, the action of painting will calm him/her. Also if a child wears red clothing will also have a calming affect on them.

10. Dollie said:
    April 23, 2007

The bit about the ceiling color is interesting. I have VERY low ceilings, but instead of just leaving them a boring old white, I painted the entire ceiling in my bedroom with the same color as my walls, just 2 shades lighter. It gave the room the airy effect of a light colored ceiling while still allowing me to liven it up a bit. (Using 2 shades of the same color on the walls and ceiling also did wonders to tie in the rest of the decor in the room because it gave me a base color scheme to work with!)

11. niharika said:
    April 24, 2007

its eally very interesting, can u tell me more about the colour effect through our clothing and atmosphere at work.

12. Rachel said:
    April 24, 2007

I wanted to write to clear up some widely-believed myths about color that are unfortunately being perpetuated in this article. I am a color consultant, and associate member of the IACC (International Association of Color Consultants). If curious, you can check out the website here: http://www.iaccna.org/
    Studies have actually -not- shown that babies cry more in yellow rooms. Also, I think it’s important to steer clear of formulas and recipes for using color. Statements such as, “So refrain from using darker blues in your main color scheme” are too generalized. These pre-conceived ideas are both subjective, and incorrect.

13. Am said:
    April 25, 2007

I do believe color does or can affect mood. Actually, when I am dealing with a client that wants to paint a small room dark blue, I try to figure more about what she/he is really trying for first. They may use terms like “warm” and “comfy”. Not only are they going for a look, but often speak in terms of mood.

14. Jason said:
    April 27, 2007

Hayden Fry, former football coach at the U of Iowa, had a lot of fun with this notion–he painted the visiting team’s locker room pink, and his successor, Kirk Ferentz, took it even further. Pink urinals! Regardless of whether that color had the effect he claimed to be seeking, it certainly got under the opposing teams’ skin a lot of the time.

15. April 27, 2007

Hmm, my office is all white. Not too sure what other colours can I use for it.

I am looking for colours to increase the productivity or the morale of the people. Any advice?

16. Ardie said:
    April 29, 2007

The article is a good start, but its incomplete.

Red and pink tend to trigger sharp emotions. Those who are already edgy will get pushed over the edge. More arguments happened when a company switched their fluorescent lights from the traditional blue-ish ones to a “cheerful” pink light.

Orange tends to stimulate the appetite. (Red does too, if exposed for short periods of time.) Look at the interiors of McDonalds, Wendy’s Carl’s Jr., Burger King, California’s In-and-Out Burgers, and so on. They tend to use red or orange as their accent color for some odd reason :-) “You want fries with that?”

Darker blues are the “authority” color. Blue suits, blue accents, dark blue in the floor tiles. You’ll see it a lot at the FBI and local law offices, too.

Pale green and light blue are supposed to be restful and relaxing. There’s another reason why the talk shows actually have a “green room” for the wating guests before they walk on stage.

Ardie

17. jessy said:
    May 11, 2007

i need help paiting a small 2 story studio apartment. any ideas?

18. Michael said:
    May 11, 2007

jessy – read this post, and decide what do you want for your studio, how do you want to feel, what do you want to create.

19. June 14, 2007

This one makes sence “One’s first step in wisdom is to kuesstion everything – and one’s last is to come to terms with everything.”

20. namrata said:
    July 8, 2007

excellent

21. Lea said:
    August 16, 2007

I like this article very much.
    I am decorating two classrooms in a small language school. Which colours stimulate learning and communication?

Thanks,

Lea

22. suchi said:
    September 15, 2007

i am a teenage girl i am getting a new room …what color should i paint it

23. Allie said:
    September 26, 2007

Thank you so much!

I’m a sophomore in highschool and doing a presentation on how color affects your mood, and I need to create a child’s toy, to present joy and activity. It helped me tremendously!

Also, this will help me work on my 5-years-outdated room.
    I went through my stage of “Goth” and now it’s black.
    I’ve noticed I really hate going in my room, because I find it depressing.
    I want some white curtains, and I want to paint my room a light green.
    I often feel myself stressed with homework, friends, etc. Do you think coming home to a green room will help me?

Once again, Thank you!

Love, Allie.

24. G2D2 said:
    October 15, 2007

Try using accent walls. Paint one wall in the room a different color than the other three walls. I prefer to choose the wall that you are facing when you enter the room; i.e., the wall opposite the doorway. Paint that wall a color that is darker yet complimentary to the other three walls. Use the colors of the floor (wood, carpet, or rug) and/or the colors of the decorative items (comforters, curtains, etc.) and as a third complimentary color in the room.

25. Daniel said:
    October 15, 2007

What colors should I put in my room that will get me laid? Will an accent wall add a bonus effect on the girl?

26. shawn said:
    October 15, 2007

very interesting article! thanks for the post!

27. slevin said:
    October 15, 2007

I can vouch for the red. I briefly went out with a girl who had her whole room painted a deep red. It drove me batty. I’d pace around all the time, half talking to myself. It was very odd. Naturally she found me to be a bit odd as well, so things didn’t really work out. Its a shame; she was really cute.

28. Anon said:
    October 15, 2007

“Mauve…… I think I’ll paint the ceilings mauve”

29. Ruggy said:
    October 15, 2007

I am in the process of repainting my apartment, and dark bold colors are just my thing!

A couple years ago, I painted the living room a navy blue… this year, I’m redoing that, and painting the rest of the place… the kitchen is “oak cask”, a deep tan pumpkiny color… the bedroom is a deep red, the bath a darkish but very green… all bold colors… the doors, trim, and ceilings are bright white, very crisp… a fantastic contrast to the vibrant colors.

The biggest piece of advice I’d give anyone considering painting colors… It’s Just Paint. Go for it, cause it’s just paint! If you hate it, if it doesn’t work, whatever… it’s just paint! You can paint right back over it, so get bold and get painting!

I like to give myself a full week per room, personally. Each day after work, I do “something”… the ceiling, or trim work, or edging… and usually there’s a day or two I don’t feel like doing anything (so I don’t)… come the weekend, all I have left is to roller on the walls… that way I’m not stressed, I have plenty of time to take my time and do it right.

Oh, one last bit of advice… what I found worked the best for me was to pick ALL the colors I planned to use ahead of time, and made sure they were all complimentary. I can’t see the bathroom or bedroom from where I sit now, but there is 1 spot in the house where I can actually see all of the colors… and even if you couldn’t, you don’t want any jarring transitions!

Just my rambling 2 cents (and some change).

30. MJimenez33 said:
    October 16, 2007

I’m in the process of picking colors to repaint my house, so thank you for all this wonderful info.

31. Courtney said:
    October 18, 2007

i am doing a science project on how colors can affect people’s moods, and if is anything like how smells affect your moods, than it should not be too haRD. If you could help me in any way, than please notify me. My email is Kikakitty@aol.com. I am 12 years old, and hope you can help me. Thank you. Bye.

32. Jennifer said:
    October 20, 2007

Fascinating! We’re renovating, so this was perfect. Thanks.

33. michael strother said:
    October 25, 2007

i think green makes me sleepy too but blue is a better color

34. Candra said:
    October 29, 2007

I agree that color changes your mood. My mother’s house, the walls are all this extra pale lavender color. Just very neutral and basic. I always feel “blah” when I stay there. It’s not warm or inviting. But my best friend’s home is FULL of color and it brings my mood up.

35. Brianna said:
    October 30, 2007

Whoever wrote this- thanks. i am doing an independant study on interior design with my first unit in color and this is pretty interesting… it helped a lot

36. freelancer said:
    November 9, 2007

Nice article. Thanks for sharing.

37. Ikera said:
    November 10, 2007

Thanx for the info. I am an owner of an Internet Cafe, I am looking for colors that would provoke Rage, Violence and Hostility. Red-Orange looks like the best bet for me.

38. Tracy said:
    November 26, 2007

My daughter is 7 and she wants her room pink, what do you suggest for the colour pink?

39. Eefa Telaket said:
    November 27, 2007

Hi I can’t decide on a color for my Romulan ship, the Carniac Revolver. Half the ship’s crew think purple, the other half think the traditional green is best. I just can’t decide!!!! And then there’s the inside!… please help!!!

40. Courtney said:
    January 13, 2008

i am doing a science project on how room colors can affect your moods, and this info. really helped me a lot on the Background Research. Thanks(alot)

41. c. lily said:
    January 23, 2008

this was exactly what i was looking for! THNX!

42. Samuel / Secured Loans said:
    January 31, 2008

yaaaaa…….. that true i have personal experience of that. Along with color the effects of lightning will also effect it so. not too bright lights should be used. The little dim light sky blue or low orange make your mood relaxing.

Lightening should deflects the phase on room wallpaper.

The effect of each colour provided above in article is extermely good and i think it will help the user to understand the details of impact

43. ~tara~ said:
    February 13, 2008

oh mi!! i wanted to paint my room bright blue and purple b/c those are my favorite colors BUT NOW imma gunna add colorful stripes everywhere!! hehe.

44. Hannah said:
    February 24, 2008

I am doing a project on how colors affect your emotiions and this website really helped me get the information that I needed. So thank you very much!!!

45. idk said:
    February 25, 2008

i thought it was cool and made sense

46. BSRK said:
    March 1, 2008

Useful article. Thanks. I just got it in the right time.

47. Brooke said:
    March 22, 2008

I am currently doing a study for a research corse on how color affects the moods of people. This has helped me alot and cleared up for me many of my hypothesis that I now know could not have been proved because they have already been proved wrong. Do you think culture has an affect on how people perceive colors?

48. salma said:
    April 19, 2008

I’m a student in highschool and doing a researsh about the effect of colors on mood and behavior. this article has helped me alot.

49. S.S. Nagaraja pandian said:
    August 12, 2008

Hello, I am very much knee to known what sort of paint color I should use to paint my room because I watch tv & read & do all my daily actives in the same in night I take rest, so you please guide me choosing the paint color.

50. Taxi said:
    November 26, 2008

Wow, im in eight grade and i already knew about ALL of this. WOW.

51. kimi long said:
    January 3, 2009

i like how this website tells about almost every color but what about colors like gold, silver, and pink????

52. un-needed said:
    January 26, 2009

Thanks for this info, I am in high school and doing a project and this helped a lot!

~????

53. John said:
    January 26, 2009

The publisher should put what gold, silver, and pink mean. or like the mood it gives you.

54. Amanda said:
    February 11, 2009

I am a student in middle school
    and i am researching how moods
    affect people, and this site helps!

55. Lauren said:
    March 1, 2009

I am on my last two years of high school and i decided to paint my room purple becasue of its relaxing and reashuring feeling, i am not so stressed, and i am able to do my work. Purple is TOTALLY the way to go :) But what would browm be? My mom painted the spare room blue and brown, what kind of mood would that put our guests in?

56. Jasmine said:
    November 14, 2009

Thank you for the good info trust me you helped a lot!!!!!!!!!!! But you should put more colours and odd colours but you had the info i was EXACTLY LOOKING FOR!!!! :-D

57. January 12, 2010

i thing a color that match at your mood is color “GREEN” because you will realize that you will ganna love the enviroment and especialy your love

.shiela

58. January 12, 2010

i think the color that match at your mood is color “RED” because it is the color of your life,of your own love it is a color of our desteny!!!!!!!

.janna

59. Holly said:
    January 25, 2010

I would like to see some studies to see to what degree color can affect behavior. For example, would pale pinks, greens, an blues have a calming effect on a prison population? It seems fairly conclusive that certain colors have been shown to be good for dining.

60. Chas Skogstad said:
    February 12, 2010

Thank you so a lot for this exceptionally awesome posting!

61. Crystal said:
    April 17, 2010

I’m always shocked by the positive comments regarding blue. I DO NOT find blue calming but depressing. (That’s why one gets “the blues”, similarly the music genre).

62. Hayley said:
    November 4, 2010

Please show a LIST of colors that change ur mood!!!!!!!!

63. snow ugg boots said:
    November 9, 2010

that is very kind of you to do this for us, thank you very much, you can have a look at the nice and warm ugg boots.

64. Brook said:
    December 11, 2010

Loving the colour pyschology here. Would be great to see some more on the suttle colours.

65. Trudi Lopp said:
    March 1, 2011

Absolutely loved this got a lot of tips and ideas from it that I will use in the redecoration of our house. I knew colors affected our moods but wasn’t sure how or what colors to avoid and you answered all of them for me! Thank you for this article and god bless. Sincerely Trudi

66. anil godha said:
    March 5, 2011

make a colour full home

67. Dadang said:
    April 7, 2011

good idea……very nice

68. Barney said:
    May 11, 2011

Yes this is true indeed, room colors do have lot of impact on our moods and emotions. I experimented it personal. I tried blue in my room and it had relaxing and calming affect on me. Thanks for a nice informative post. Cheers

69. October 5, 2012

I have been taking a gander at your site and chanced upon this choice post. I have been striving to live a in good shape lifestyle. Your write-up has been eye opening. This will bolster me in my goal to be a healthy me.

70. January 28, 2013

Terrific work! That is the type of information that are
    supposed to be shared around the web. Shame on the seek engines for no longer positioning this post upper!

Come on over and consult with my web site . Thanks =)

71. April 23, 2013

Amazing idea! Colors really brings change in any spaces. So, we should choose any vibrant color that bring some relaxation and emphasize room’s beauty.

83 Trackbacks

1. By meneame.net on April 18, 2007

El color de la habitación y como afecta a tu humor…

Post explicativo indicando la relación existente entre el color de tu habitación y tu estado de ánimo o humor. Así que si estás pensando en pintarla, léelo y después escoge el color que más te convenga. En inglés….

2. [...] Link [...]

3. [...] Room color, and how it affects your mood. Julkaistu keskiviikkona, 18. huhtikuuta 2007 aihealueena Elämä [...]

4. By Choose a room color to influence your mood at SoftSaurus on April 18, 2007

[...] your next paint job. Share your own mood-altering color advice in the comments. —Rick Broida Room Color and How it Affects your Mood [...]

5. By Techzi » Blog Archive » Choose a room color to influence your mood on April 18, 2007

6. By Star 104.5 - Omaha's Favorite Mix - KSRZ-FM Omaha, Nebraska on April 18, 2007

OTST – See Melinda Doolittle perform!!!…

7. By heh at tomatolounge on April 18, 2007

[...] How colors can affect mood [...]

8. [...] Room Color and How it Affects your Mood at Home Inspiration, Products, Furniture, Gadgets and More f… (tags: HowTo Blog) Posted by seahawk Filed in Uncategorized [...]

9. By blue ideas » Blog Archive » colors and your mood on April 19, 2007

[...] Room Color and How it Affects your Mood at Home Inspiration, Products, Furniture, Gadgets and More f… Explore posts in the same categories: Uncategorized [...]

10. By Kolz Blog » Blog Archive » Choose a room color to influence your mood on April 19, 2007

[...] Room Color and How it Affects your Mood [Freshome] [...]

11. By Afrikaans, Kuier Saam in Afrikaans on April 19, 2007
  12. By Hobbies » Blog Archive » Use Paint to Affect Your Mood on April 19, 2007

[...] other than “apartment white.” Home blog Freshome has some good tips with a post titled Room Color and How it Affects Your Mood. As the article says, When selecting color for a room, keep in mind that each color has a [...]

13. [...] Room Color and How it Affects your Mood at Home Inspiration, Products, Furniture, Gadgets and More f… Color can influence our mood and our thoughts. Colors affect people in many ways, depending upon one’s age, gender, ethnic background or local climate. Certain colors or groups of colors tend to get a similar reaction from most people – the overall diff Tagged as: color, design, home, decorating, psychology [...]

14. By Charles and Hudson on April 23, 2007

Room Color and Your Mood…

Are you feeling blue? It may be the color of your room that is contributing to your sour attitude or conversely the reason why you can’t relax or sleep. Room color effects your mood much more than you think…….

15. By Papa Mike’s Blog » Blog Archive » How Room Color Affects Your Mood on April 24, 2007

[...] maintain that every room needs a touch of black to ground the color scheme and give it depth. Source.   [...]

16. [...] Room Color and How it Affects your Mood at Home Inspiration, Products, Furniture, Gadgets and More f… Color can influence our mood and our thoughts. Colors affect people in many ways, depending upon one’s age, gender, ethnic background or local climate. Certain colors or groups of colors tend to get a similar reaction from most people – the overall diff Tagged as: color, design, home, decorating, psychology [...]

17. [...] If you’re thinking about painting rooms, you might as well read up on how color affects mood. [...]

18. [...] bendrąjį gyvenamųjų erdvių spalvos poveikį galite paskaityti Freshome straipsnyje, tačiau jame atskirai neišskiriamas jų poveikis darbui. Jį, surinktą iš įvairių, kartais [...]

19. [...] room; one that isn’t too dark or too light or too bright or too anything else. According to Freshome, “Colors affect people in many ways, depending upon one’s age, gender, ethnic background or [...]

20. By Move.com Local Jacksonville : Celebrating Jacksonville, Florida » Blog Archive » Color Me Happy! on April 26, 2007

21. [...] Room Color and How it Affects your Mood – [FreshHome] digg_url = ‘http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/how-room-color-affects-your-mood.html’; ( function() { var ds=typeof digg_skin==’string’?digg_skin:”; var h=80; var w=52; if(ds==’compact’) { h=18; w=120; } var u=typeof digg_url==’string’?digg_url:(typeof DIGG_URL==’string’?DIGG_URL:window.location.href); document.write(“”); } )() Author: Craig Childs Posted: Thursday, April 26th, 2007 at 1:00 pm Tags: color, emotion, environment, environments, painting Share This [...]

22. By Daily Links | Akkam's Razor on April 28, 2007

[...] Room Color and How it Affects your Mood at Home Inspiration, Furniture, Gadgets and More for a Bette… Room colors and mood (and could it relate to experiences online). (tags: color design home decorating psychology paint inspiration reference) [...]

23. [...] “Room Color and How it Affects your Mood” on the freshome blog tells you what psychological value colors have and how, beyond home decor color trends, you can select colors for your house that truly speak to you. Are the colors in your home or work environment capturing the right mood? Red raises a room’s energy level. Yellow captures the joy of sunshine and communicates happiness. Blue brings down blood pressure and slows respiration and heart rate. [...]

24. By Room Color and Your Mood on May 5, 2007

[...] is contributing to your sour attitude or conversely the reason why you can’t relax or sleep. Room color effects your mood much more than you think. Home & Dining Share and Enjoy: These icons link [...]

25. By Soapbox » Room Color and Your Mood on May 8, 2007

[...] is contributing to your sour attitude or conversely the reason why you can’t relax or sleep. Room color effects your mood much more than you [...]

26. By Room Color and Your Mood on May 8, 2007

[...] is contributing to your sour attitude or conversely the reason why you can’t relax or sleep. Room color effects your mood much more than you think. Home & Dininghome amp, sleep room, conversely, [...]

27. [...] green color, because green is considered the most restful color for the eye, as you might know from Room Color and How it Affects your Mood. – Via – Moco [...]

28. [...] time ago I’ve wrote an article where I’ve discussed about room colors and their influence on our moods. Today you’ll learn how to use colors to make your room look bigger. Cream colors and icy [...]

29. [...] time ago I’ve wrote an article where I’ve discussed about room colors and their influence on our moods. Today you’ll learn how to use colors to make your room look bigger. Cream colors and icy blues [...]

30. By 5 Tips for Fooling The Eye and Making a Room Look Bigger « Blogged! on June 23, 2007

31. [...] Color – Colors have a definite impact on the atmosphere that you want to create when doing interior design. A more detalied post about how colors affect our moods you can find here. [...]

32. By Remember, don’t forget… » Blog Archive on July 17, 2007

[...] Article from http://www.freshome.com. [...]

33. By links for 2007-04-19 | After The Dot Net on September 18, 2007

34. By Color Psychology Can Help you with you website « Fat Traffic on October 10, 2007
  35. By How the Room Color can Affect your Mood | superjunaid on October 15, 2007

36. By Zentrance » Blog Archive » How the Room Color can Affect your Mood on October 16, 2007

[...] read more | digg story Posted in Spiritual Journey by zack RSS 2.0 *Name [...]

37. By links for 2007-10-16 « Jay’s blog on October 16, 2007

[...] How the Room Color can Affect your Mood Posted in del.icio.us links | [...]

38. By pligg.com on October 16, 2007

Room Color and How it Affects your Mood…

While most of us may not spend a lot of time thinking about color, it affects every day of our lives. Color can influence our mood and our thoughts. Colors affect people in many ways, depending upon one’s age, gender, ethnic background or local clima…

39. By Interesting of Oct 16 « the vacant space on October 16, 2007

[...] Room Color and How it Affects your Mood [...]

40. [...] to choose wise colors for your home, because this is the place where you spend most of your time.read more | digg [...]

41. [...] I need to learn this right now [...]

42. By Anonymous on October 17, 2007

Room Color and How it Affects your Mood…

Did you know that a room color can affect your mood ? While most of us may not spend a lot of time thinking about color, it affects every day of our lives. Color can influence our mood and our thoughts.So it’s important to choose wise colors for your…

43. [...] смешно.First, add lots of cross-linking so the search engine knows what is relevantRoom Color and How it Affects your Mood. Интересная статья о том, какой цвет лучше всего [...]

44. [...] my appetite while darker colour and blue lighting keeps the word hungry a little off of my mind. Read this article to find out more how various colours affect our [...]

45. By How do you make your home cozy? - AmityMama.com on December 11, 2007

[...] these links out! how color affects mood in a room Room Color and How it Affects your Mood Decorate For Happiness – How Color Affects Mood __________________ Lots of Sunshine ~ Katie [...]

46. [...] 10. Choosing the color of the bedding remains as central as ever to the fortunes of your romantic night. One can do everything right, but miss the bus on colors and spoil everything, thus resulting into a pure wastage of hard work. It could be very frustrating indeed if any such thing occurs. So, one should go for pearl, gold or bronze as they are known to create an environment of romance into your bed. Just do not go for any of the unconventional colors such as grey, yellow or pink. Red, black, white, blue and green are also some of the few popular colors that can be trusted upon to make use on that special night i.e. valentine’s night. Thus, one should be really cautious about colors, and for more info about colors take a look at our article – Room Color and How it Affects your Mood. [...]

47. [...] 10. Choosing the color of the bedding remains as central as ever to the fortunes of your romantic night. One can do everything right, but miss the bus on colors and spoil everything, thus resulting into a pure wastage of hard work. It could be very frustrating indeed whether any such thing occurs. So, one should go for pearl, gold or bronze as they are known to create an environment of romance into your bed. Just do not go for any of the unconventional colors such as grey, yellow or pink. Red, black, white, blue and green are additionally some of the few popular colors that can be trusted upon to build use on that special night i.e. valentine’s night. Thus, one should be really cautious about colors, and for more info about colors take a look at our exposition – Room Color and How it Affects your Mood. [...]

48. [...] whatsoever. It can be quite depressing, and depression is usually not conducive to creativity. Here are some recommendations from Freshome regarding color and its effect on [...]

49. [...] Vía| freshome [...]

50. [...] strong colours and pattern could keep the child awake The effect of colour on mood is well known Room Colors and How it Affects your Mood If you are insomniac, dont have a red bedroom __________________ I only like two kinds of men, [...]

51. [...] strong colours and pattern could keep the child awake The effect of colour on mood is well known Room Colors and How it Affects your Mood If you are insomniac, dont have a red bedroom Ironicly I have a blood red bedroom at home. I [...]

52. [...] color is energizing and uplifting” (”Room Color and How It Affects Your Mood” http://freshome.com/2007/04/17/room-color-and-how-it-affects-your-mood/). Yellow roses are a symbol of friendship, rather than a red rose which we associate with romance. [...]

53. [...] that might give you some useful informations 7 Most Important Interior Design Principles and Room Color and How it Affects your Mood. After you have the basic idea, you can start to search for pictures with home interiors to feed [...]

54. [...] help balance a room, by using more it can calm a room or using less to liven things up.” (http://freshome.com/2007/04/17/room-color-and-how-it-affects-your-mood/)  By utilizing color schemes that enhance the appropriate reaction for the purpose of a room, I [...]

55. [...] my appetite while darker colour and blue lighting keeps the word hungry a little off of my mind. Read this article to find out more how various colours affect our [...]

56. [...] design blog freshome has a great article on wall color as it correlates to mood, and it offers the following explanation [...]

57. [...] http://freshome.com/2007/04/17/room-color-and-how-it-affects-your-mood/ A faux Venetian plaster paint technique in golden shades of yellow equals dramatic warmth. [...]

58. [...] We got this idea from an old article at freshome.com. Read the article. [...]

59. By Paint Your Walls, Change Your Mood | Money Lounge on August 23, 2009

[...] Associated Content. http://www.associatedcontent.com. Freshome Interior Design & Architecture. http://freshome.com. AKPC_IDS += [...]

60. By Room Color & Its Affect on Your Mood « on August 27, 2009

[...] Design and Architecture have compiled a list of colors and their psychological affects – read the full article to learn more about what colors mean for your room: [...]

61. [...] that might give you some useful informations 7 Most Important Interior Design Principles andRoom Color and How it Affects your Mood. After you have the basic idea, you can start to search for pictures with home interiors to feed [...]

62. [...] to try and answer your question about which colors are said to have certain effects. Go here: http://freshome.com/2007/04/17/room-color-and-how-it-affects-your-mood Just scroll down past the intro and it goes color by color… it’ll tell you what colors [...]

63. [...] in the home -  http://freshome.com/2007/04/17/room-color-and-how-it-affects-your-mood Vicki Willingham is a freelance graphic designer living in Suffolk, UK. She runs VictoriaAnn [...]

64. [...] to Freshome Interior Design, color and mood go hand-in-hand. Blues and greens are great for reducing stress and relaxing. But [...]

65. [...] We got this idea from an old article at freshome.com. Read the article. [...]

66. By Escolhendo cores com os Nudibrânquios // Renato Valderramas on March 3, 2010

[...] Web 2.0 Color Palette Some forbidden colour schemes How room colours can effect your mood Colour Theory Quiz Scariest Colours Imaginable Colours of the Top Magazines Why Red is so powerful [...]

67. By The Color of Insanity | Take Two Reviews on May 7, 2010

[...] out which ones motivate people by stimulating them mentally. I read a great article on this website http://freshome.com/2007/04/17/room-color-and-how-it-affects-your-mood/ and here is what it says in a [...]

68. [...] Choosing Paint Colors for Your Rooms [...]

69. [...] to Freshome (and other researchers), each color evokes a certain emotion when used to decorate a room. Whether [...]

70. By Imagine » How was YOUR morning? on August 30, 2010

[...] right now) that red raises the blood pressure, speeds respiration, and increases the heartrate. Oh, here’s a snippet: “Sitting for long periods of time in a room this color will likely breakdown any [...]

71. [...] http://freshome.com/2007/04/17/room-color-and-how-it-affects-your-mood/ LikeBe the first to like this post. [...]

72. [...] Freshome.com shows how color can affect our lives, and even gives suggestions on how to choose a color for specific rooms in your home, based on the mood you want to create. [...]

73. By Colors moods | UsDatingAcademy on March 5, 2011

[...] Room Color and How it Affects your MoodSome colors in large amounts will have just the opposite affect on you and your loved ones’ moods. … I am a student in middle school and i am researching how moods affect people, and this site helps! [...]

74. [...] to put a little thought into your color choices. For more colors and their effects vist this link: http://freshome.com/2007/04/17/room-color-and-how-it-affects-your-mood/ Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook Share on Linkedin share via Reddit [...]

75. [...] orange and similar shades are stimulating. Blues, greens and browns, however, are known to subdue. Understand the intentions of the space before painting. Bedding Decisions  A spare pillow won’t suffice; a collection [...]

76. [...] time ago I’ve wrote an article where I’ve discussed about room colors and their influence on our moods. Today you’ll learn how to use colors rto make your room look bigger. Cream colors and icy [...]

77. By CORES! | SuperZiper on August 28, 2011

[...] Lovers Iconico Cores que afetam o seu humor Colojack Kuler Adobe Deagrave Colr Colourmod [...]

78. [...] can have a great effect on our moods. Warm colors like red, yellow and orange fire up our appetites, while cooler colors [...]

79. [...] a bright billboard that catches the eye, or that perfect color for the walls in our dining room.  Colors shape our perceptions of the world in which we [...]