20 Modern Family Room Decorating Ideas For Families of All Ages
By on in Living Room
If your home has a family room or den, we’re guessing it’s probably the most popular room in the house (after the kitchen, of course!). It’s the perfect place to hang out, watch movies, play games, or just relax together.
Want to spruce up your family room, or turn an unused space into a modern family room everyone wants to spend time in together? Here are some of the most popular elements in an inviting family room:
- A large, comfortable sofa or sectional
- Extra chairs, ottomans or beanbags
- Lots of throw pillows
- A rug, for lounging
- A TV, and the accompanying accessories
- A surround sound system to create a mini-theater experience
- Video games, board games or other entertainment
- A billiards table, a dart board, or other favorite lounge games
- A small bar area, or a spot for refreshments
- A play area for kids
- A desk or table for games, crafts or homework
Modern family room decorating ideas
Have fun decorating your family room! You already have a living room, so infuse some personality into your den or family room, creating a space which expresses who your family really is. Make it personal with favorite photos, artwork and other objects. Make the space more vibrant by adding bold color, and make it special with a unique family theme.
Here’s some modern family room decorating ideas, for inspiration. They’re stylish and polished enough for adults, yet fun and energetic enough to appeal to kids as well.
Family room decorating ideas featuring vibrant colors
Family rooms with fun seating
Family rooms with a work station
Mid-century modern family room decorating ideas
Rustic modern family rooms
Did these family room ideas inspire you? Take your favorite elements from these ideas to add some personality to yours. Have a favorite family room design tip or idea? Leave a comment and let us know!