Decorating Ideas for Behr Blueprint: 2019 Color of the Year
By on in Inspiration
Behr recently announced Blueprint as their 2019 Color of the Year – and we are in love with this versatile blue. Behr Blueprint is a true blue. There is no hint of green or aqua, which has been the trend for several years. Erika Woelfel, vice president of color and creative services at Behr, explained why Blueprint was their choice for 2019. “Much like the sketches builders rely on to bring an architectural design to life, Blueprint S470-5 lays a foundation for consumers to make their unique vision a reality. This universally appealing hue provides a steady stream of positivity and is poised to be an instant classic for years to come.”
Blueprint is a rich and relaxing color that is suitable for any room in your home. The simplicity of this paint color means that it can be introduced into any room without making a lot of decorating or color changes.
Tips to Incorporate Behr Blueprint Into Your Color Palette
- Use Blueprint as a neutral. Remember, blues like navy and denim can be paired with almost any color.
- Replace a gray with Blueprint. This versatile blue can replace any cool gray color.
- Use it in a monochromatic scheme. Blueprint can work with lighter and darker blue shades.
- Add Blueprint as an accent color in your neutral color scheme.
Behr made it easy to use their 2019 Color of the Year by choosing a friendly blue without those surprise undertones that can pop up and ruin your color scheme. Here is our favorite inspiration for using Blueprint at home:
Behr Blueprint in the Living Room
- If you love the look of saturated color, you can totally use a mid-tone blue like Blueprint in your living room with other mid-tone colors. Mid-tone is a way of identifying colors that may be different, but are of similar light or darkness. Using colors of similar tones can give you a hip, eclectic look.
- Blueprint is a beautiful and rich blue, but perhaps you’re concerned about your living room appearing too dark. You can handle any darker paint color by pairing it with lighter colors. Light flooring, rugs, trim or ceiling paint can balance the darkness of your wall color.
- Too soon to commit to Blueprint as an entire living room color? Painted furniture is a low-commitment way to introduce a new color into your space. Coffee tables, consoles or end tables are perfect spots for adding color to your living room.
Behr Blueprint in the Kitchen
- We love the trend of colorful kitchen islands, and Behr’s Blueprint can transform your kitchen in a flash. Adding color on a kitchen island provides a pop to all of your cabinets without a long and complicated painting project.
- Glass cabinet doors or open shelving offer a fun way to add color to your kitchen. Paint your accent color on the inside of your cabinets, letting Blueprint peek out from behind your dishes. You can also use this pop of color in the back of shelving or bookcases.
- If you’re ready to change your kitchen wall colors, a pretty blue like Blueprint can highlight your white or wood cabinetry. You can also replace your cabinet and drawer hardware for a total makeover. Burnished gold hardware looks especially beautiful with blue cabinetry if you really want to make a statement.
Behr Blueprint in the Bathroom
- Behr’s Blueprint can give your walls more presence and warmth in a traditional-style bathroom.
- If you love contemporary style, a mid-tone blue like Blueprint can soften simple lines and shiny surfaces without taking away from your decorating vision for the room.
- Updating your powder room can be as simple as a new paint color. Blueprint works very well in small spaces if you add white fixtures and light accessories. A rich blue powder room is not only welcoming to guests, but it also offers that “wow” factor you want in a room.
Behr Blueprint in the Bedroom
- If you’re looking for a way to create a serene space in your bedroom, Behr’s Blueprint offers a soothing blue that is very comfortable.
- If you want to add a touch of color to your bedroom, an accent wall behind your headboard is the perfect spot. Painting an accent color behind your bed brings out your headboard and pillow shams, so be sure to add that rich blue as an accent color in your bedding to pull it all together.
Behr Blueprint for Your Front Door
- If you would like to boost your home’s curb appeal, a freshly painted door is the top way to make a dramatic change. Blue doors are welcoming, friendly and coordinate with most exterior paint colors. Add a few matching planters or outdoor accessories to really rev up your curb appeal.
Behr Blueprint in the Laundry Room
- If you’d love to bring Blueprint into your decor but can’t find the right space, your laundry room could be the perfect spot. Our laundry rooms are considered a private space within the home — you or your family are the only users of the room. A private space is your personal palette to choose any colors you love, and that can (hopefully) make doing laundry less of a chore.