Freshome is the go-to destination for anyone who is passionate about design, architecture, luxury, travel, lifestyle and creativity in the home. Currently clocking up an impressive 3.8+ million unique monthly visitors, the site provides daily inspiration and advice to those who are seeking to design, improve, organise and style their homes. Keep in mind that thousands of people are going to see your work and at this level mistakes are not tolerated.
Our commitment is to help and inspire as many people as possible with our content and we’re looking for a writer who can make an invaluable contribution to that mission. The ideal candidate need to be incredibly passionate about interior design, architecture, furniture, art, design, decorating and anything that can make your home and life more beautiful.
A good long term regular writer should be able to write in such a way as to get, keep and HOLD attention throughout a piece. He/she should know how to come up with posts which are easy to scan (opposite to writing long term papers with big-ass justified paragraphs). You must be creative. You must generate ideas for articles on your own, and take suggestions like a pro.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and fact-checking skills.
- Experience writing for the web
- Be able to write an irresistible headline + an amazing article
- Absolutely perfect English spoken and written skills
- Editing/resizing images in Photoshop
- Knowledge of basic HTML (for post formatting)
- Knowledge of WordPress admin for publishing content
- Usually be available on Skype for feedback and suggestions.
- Good organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities.
- Manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Strong portfolio with demonstrated content development experience.
- Willingness to learn and make changes in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Write content that is well optimised for SEO
- Ability to analyze and present information in a clear, concise manner
- Has high tolerance for stress and pressure
- Active social media presence across multiple mediums (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.) Candidates who already have strong, established online presences and social media followings will be given special consideration.
Traits of an ideal applicant :
- You must be consistent, stable, and reliable
- Have an eye for what is newsworthy and fascinating
- Understands how blog posts should be presented to be highly shareable and deeply engaging. We are looking for content that can be scanned, that uses images well, that is well optimised for SEO, that uses great headlines, that is the kind of content that people will share on social media
- Keen attention to detail.
- Flexibility – you’ll continually learn and work on new things.
- Creativity – you have an eye for good design and an ear for the perfect phrase.
- Ability to work independently and creatively. You’re going to work from your own home so discipline and focus are a must.
- You must be able to put in plenty of time, work, and dedication. If you’re too busy already, don’t apply.
To re-iterate, you need to be amazing at doing self-driven research and able to deliver high quality, in-depth articles with assigned topics in a timely manner. Extra effort, small details and personal touches will be looked upon favorably.