Freshome
Home Furniture Design Ideas, Pictures and Inspiration Cat-Friendly Table With Built-In Grass Planter

Cat-Friendly Table With Built-In Grass Planter

green table Freshome 03 Cat Friendly Table With Built In Grass Planter

Created by Emily Wettstein, a 25-year-old designer from Brooklyn, NY,  this table is as fresh as it gets. With an original appearance, it can literally bring nature indoors, since it features a removable planter that can hold a variety of plants. The table itself is made from reclaimed walnut and steel and looks great, with or without the creative green addition. Even though it looks as if it’s cat-friendly, it is really up to the owners to keep their felines away from the table. In this particular case, the grass is home-grown, but you can contact the designer for further details and instructions about maintenance. Combine this design with other small decorative flower arrangements and your apartment can get a new, healthy feel. The only drawback about this table is the fact that one has to remove the system when having a meal, but that is not mandatory. Does it look appealing to you?

green table Freshome 02 Cat Friendly Table With Built In Grass Planter

green table Freshome 04 Cat Friendly Table With Built In Grass Planter

green table Freshome 05 Cat Friendly Table With Built In Grass Planter

green table Freshome 01 Cat Friendly Table With Built In Grass Planter

green table Freshome 06 Cat Friendly Table With Built In Grass Planter

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

11 responses to “Cat-Friendly Table With Built-In Grass Planter” - Add yours!

1. joanne said:
    June 20, 2011

lovely!!!

2. June 20, 2011

The maddest thing ive seen , this has to be a joke.

3. Alyssa Steffes said:
    June 20, 2011

Wow, that’s awesome. I love this table! I would probably leave the plant in even if I was eating at it. How great would it look to plant some flowers in that too?

Alyssa Steffes- CoolProducts.com

4. Alyssa Steffes said:
    June 20, 2011

@Builders in Wrexham

Do you mean you don’t really like it? It’s definitely different and probably not for everyone but I think it would be a great piece that stands out in a dining room!

Alyssa Steffes- CoolProducts.com

5. gera byerly said:
    June 20, 2011

i love the idea.i have 4 cats and would purchase grass items.

6. T. E. Samad said:
    June 20, 2011

I definitely like this.

7. Shirl said:
    June 20, 2011

I like it but would have to have something cat friendly planted there like maybe a little cat nip……lol…..okay maybe not cat nip but something that my cats could enjoy to and not have to worry about them around it.

8. Jessica said:
    June 20, 2011

This table looks great! I recently came across another version of it using old palettes – a total DIY project and a great upcycle. It definitely wouldn’t look as nice as this one inside the house, but it’s perfect for out on the back deck or in the yard.

I believe the site I found it on was called Far Out Flora, in case anyone was wondering.

9. bj said:
    June 21, 2011

Hard to mow, though

10. June 21, 2011

One of the cutest things I’ve ever seen. My cat would LOVE this!

11. Mohamed Naiph said:
    June 22, 2011

very creative

3 Trackbacks

1. [...] plants to brighten up the interior of any home. This gorgeous table designed by Brooklyn designer Emily Wettstein would help incorporate lovely live plants into your everyday [...]

2. [...] plants to brighten up the interior of any home. This gorgeous table designed by Brooklyn designer Emily Wettstein would help incorporate lovely live plants into your everyday [...]

3. [...] plants to brighten up the interior of any home. This gorgeous table designed by Brooklyn designer Emily Wettstein would help incorporate lovely live plants into your everyday [...]