5 Ways Fabrics Beautifully Enhance your Home
Do you ever walk into a room of your house and are bored by what you’ve seen for ages? Embroidered fabrics can be a wonderful way to accent a room. The three dimensional quality of these fabrics and their tactile nature make for a unique feature that most fabrics don’t have. Despite what you have heard in the past, not everything in your home needs to be a neutral solid. A patterned fabric can complement and enhance an existing space that might fall flat with simple, solid colors. Incorporating these embroidered fabrics into your home might be easier than you think with these straightforward tips.
- Add an upholstered headboard: A headboard always gives structure and focus to a room. Note the padded and gathered headboard in Camilla David Textiles embroidered pattern in the picture below. The white background with a modern floral design adds new dimension and pops from the deep purple wall. Additionally, adding another piece of furniture in the same fabric adds an unexpected fun element that helps tie the room together.
- Beautify your bed: Add some interest to your bedroom with an embroidered duvet cover or bed skirt. Embroidered fabrics are classic, enhance the texture and give color to what might be a simple space. Not to mention, a comfy duvet is always nice to cuddle up to.
- Freshen your look with bright pillows: Ever fallen in love with a bold fabric and didn’t know how to integrate into your room? Pillows are an easy and quick solution to add flavor to a living room or bedroom. Embroidered fabrics come in many shades and patterns that help to create texture, as seen in the picture below. Try a contrasting trim to bring even more interest to the room.
- Consider embroidered fabrics for draperies/shades: If you have wondered about how to add a focal point to a room but don’t want to splurge on new furniture, think about installing patterned shades or draperies. Try to choose a large pattern that will draw in the eye and create contrast. This breaks up the monotony of a room otherwise filled up by solid colors. The look can pull the room together in a way that you won’t tire of quickly.
- Accent a room with upholstered furniture: Whether it be a sofa, ottoman or accent chair, an upholstered piece of furniture in an embroidered fabric can be the missing ingredient to the room. A stand out piece always adds interest and variety, keeping the room unique and fresh.
Remember embroidered fabrics when you are looking for ways to create focal points, accentuate your existing furniture or just update your style. This guest post was provided by Camilla David Textiles