Probably the Only Model Missing From the Toy Scene: Barbie the Architect
Ideas

Probably the Only Model Missing From the Toy Scene: Barbie the Architect

Advertising

If you did not know this yet, Barbie’s latest incarnation is… an architect! Mattel recently launched the model in New York, as part of the “I Can Be…” series, which feature a variety of professions. The architect-character looks highly cheerful, seems to be very much into pink and carries a set of blueprints. We’ve read some funny comments saying that the model is not realistic, as its face looks very fresh when it should have actually been dark and tired-looking, with bags under the eyes. We don’t know about you guys, but to us it doesn’t seem like she’s too much into CAD either. We featured this post on Freshome, as we believe this could make for a fun and funny gift in the field of architecture. We are looking forwards to your opinions and comments on how believable this architect Barbie doll really is.

• RoniqueGibson March 2, 2011 at 16:03 PM Login to Reply →

I wish I looked this ‘fly’ at my architecture firm! Especially love the cityscape blend dress… wow, I must have not studied at the right architecture college.. I could NEVER afford those clothes! :)

• Ivana March 2, 2011 at 16:14 PM Login to Reply →

First of all, too many colors on her. Minimalism is IN in architecture nowadays hehe.
    And yes, she’s too fresh and cheerful if you consider that she’s carrying the blueprints that she’s been working on whole night cause the contractors nailed her with the deadline penalties. :) Besides, seems she had way too much time for her perfect makeup and all :))…On the other hand, the word in Serbia is that the most beautiful girls on the University are the one from Architecture faculty.
    All in all I wouldn’t represent architecture profession to girls like this. It’s true that architecture is beautiful profession but also physically very exosting. Only the most presistant manage to keep it rolling. And all this looks like she’s ‘walking’ all these accessories just as a fashion details.

• effie March 2, 2011 at 22:18 PM Login to Reply →

at least they got the glasses right…

• maria March 3, 2011 at 08:25 AM Login to Reply →

She is probable a student of Architect.

• A-Moni March 4, 2011 at 23:54 PM Login to Reply →

I agree, she looks too fresh and happy. I’m not even in architecture anymore and am still tired from it since my first year in college.

• Apu Kalipshis March 9, 2011 at 19:59 PM Login to Reply →

well…..in a barbie world isn’t necessary to work all night for the deadline