Apartments

Exceptionally Beautiful Turn of the Century Apartment in Sweden

advertise here

In case you missed Scandinavian design, for today we would like to showcase this exceptionally beautiful turn of the century apartment consisting of 3 rooms plus kitchen and stretching over a surface of 76 m2. The apartment is located half a floor up from the courtyard and one and half floor up from the street, in a well maintained building initially built in 1904. Much of the original charm from the turn of the century is preserved in the form of 2.85-meter high ceilings, beautiful roof with a clean stucco, fine moldings and double doors. In spite of this, you are looking at a recently renovated apartment with a fresh and modern look, inspiring a welcoming feel. The living room is bright and airy, featuring a comfortable expandable sofa, a traditional fireplace, large windows and beautiful decorating elements. For a general idea on the structure of this home, check out the sketch at the end of the post.

• Scandinavian apartment Freshome01
  • Scandinavian apartment Freshome30
  • Scandinavian apartment Freshome31

• Lady HoDa February 5, 2011 at 16:20 PM Login to Reply →

Amazingly peaceful!
    Love It! <3

• Larry Baldwin February 6, 2011 at 08:51 AM Login to Reply →

Isn`t too much white color there ? I love it , but i think it`s too much white.

• RD February 6, 2011 at 13:30 PM Login to Reply →

Beautiful! The white makes it seem so airy and spacious.

• [...] fireplace. White walls, white tiled floor and stunning window and beautiful decoration.  Looks fresh and modern,  this apartment shows us that space is not a problem if you have [...]

• SabraSport February 6, 2011 at 15:34 PM Login to Reply →

Very nice!!!
    I spot many Ikea items in this apartment. Does anyone know if the hanging cabinet in the 7th, 8th, 9th picture is an Ikea item – and/where where its from?

• clark February 6, 2011 at 15:45 PM Login to Reply →

It seems white is the what Swedes like for decorating, possibly to help add brightness to their northern latitude, but it’s not for me. I prefer natural materials and colours of the earth to make my home warm and comfortable. With all the snow I have outside, I want warmth inside my home. All that while makes me think of an institution.

• clark February 6, 2011 at 15:51 PM Login to Reply →

to add to my previous comments, after reviewing the apartment again, this apartment isn’t as “white” as many that have been shown on this site. It’s too bad the wood floors couldn’t have been continued through the whole apartment. All those white walls are still a personal turn-off.

• Alicia Griffin February 6, 2011 at 15:51 PM Login to Reply →

I love all the white. It makes it seem so light and fresh and airy…and clean. I’ve always wanted to paint my hardwoods white, but here in the south it’s considered a sin and I’d probably never be able to sell my house. I love that they used a soft gray desk, demilune table, and mirror in there with that beautiful wallcovering. The foyer is beautiful as well- the tile at the entrance is quite lovely and charming. I love the kitchen- the wood on the cabinet facings is stunning in a very pure and simple way. I must say that the living room is my favorite, though. I love that they used two Eames rockers- there’s something very comforting about gently rocking back and forth and what great chairs to do it in! I also love that they used sort of a river stone color palette in here with all the white. I think if I were to come home to this every day, I would be able to leave all my stress and troubles outside. It’s a very soothing and refreshing space, like it would enable you to re-charge, wind down, and completely escape from the rest of the world.

• hotlier February 7, 2011 at 10:44 AM Login to Reply →

i love this design. This design is a beautiful and simple for apartement.

• OriginalTableLamps February 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM Login to Reply →

Wow – that IKEA PS MASKROS pendant light in the living room gets everywhere!

Personally, I love the white walls and there seems to be enough colour in the assorted objets to soften the look.

• Cammie Callisto February 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM Login to Reply →

Loving everything about the apartment, definitely feel inspired to change some things around the house now :)

• [...] Fotos freshome. [...]

• [...] Beautiful Turn of the Century Apartment in Sweden July 3rd, 2011 Filed under: Apartment var addthis_product = 'wpp-261'; var addthis_config = {"data_track_clickback":true};This beautiful apartment design has 76 m2 of area and consisting of 3 rooms plus a pretty small kitchen. The building is located half a floor up from the courtyard and one and half floor up from the street, in a well maintained building in Sweden. Much of the original charm from the turn of the century is preserved in the form of 2.85-meter high ceilings, beautiful roof with a clean stucco, fine moldings and double doors. But now, It is a recently renovated apartment with a new and fresh look, wrapped in a modern and contemporary design. In this modern design, this apartment bring a comfortable expandable sofa, a traditional fireplace, stylish new wall, some contemporary furniture such as table, chair and lamps. By painted in white, any space in this apartment looks bright and extensive. [via] [...]