Modern Residence Overlooking the North Bay by Prentiss Architects
Architecture

Modern Residence Overlooking the North Bay by Prentiss Architects

With an amazing structure that combines stone, wood and glass, this next beautiful residence comes from Prentiss Architects. The house is located in San Juan Island, Washington State and it was named The North Bay Residence. Beautiful and natural colours were used to create a connection to the surroundings. Stone was combined with wood to create an interior design that would soothe and comfort the family living here. Large windows bring the sunshine in and allow a panorama of the natural beauty surrounding the home. The wood chosen for the furniture complements the interior design and lots of lights were used to create a fresh atmosphere. Terraces offer a complete panorama of the bay just like the large windows allow the residents to retreat inside and enjoy the view whenever the weather does not allow the full outside experience.

• North Bay Residence
  • North Bay Residence (2)
  • North Bay Residence (3)
  • North Bay Residence (4)
  • North Bay Residence (5)
  • North Bay Residence (6)
  • North Bay Residence (7)
  • North Bay Residence (8)
  • North Bay Residence (9)
  • North Bay Residence (10)
  • North Bay Residence (11)
  • North Bay Residence (12)
  • North Bay Residence (13)
  • North Bay Residence (14)
  • North Bay Residence (15)
  • North Bay Residence (16)

• Frank February 4, 2011 at 03:19 AM Login to Reply →

I really love the use of wood and stone. Although I think they could have done a better job with the fireplace.

• christopher February 4, 2011 at 04:45 AM Login to Reply →

This is one of the best contemporary homes i have ever seen. I love the materials, the size (feels like you could live in it) and the color.
    Thanks for the great pics.

• jacq | business card February 4, 2011 at 06:58 AM Login to Reply →

Green roofs, ZEN walls and wood furnishing (most of them) I think it looks very-into-nature. It blends with the environment. It feels like it’s too cold to be in that house.

• Directile February 4, 2011 at 15:32 PM Login to Reply →

What an amazing house. I love the spacious feel the house has with the panorama windows. My favorite feature though is the shower with the skylight making you feel as if you were taking this shower outdoors. Very cool residence.

• clark February 5, 2011 at 17:52 PM Login to Reply →

I agree with Frank about the fireplace. Since most other vertical surfaces are covered in stone, I would have considering using stone on the surface of the fireplace. To me it looks unfinished as is. I like the rest of the house. Wish I lived in a warmer climate and all that glass wouldn’t be a concern for an all-season home.

• livie eagan February 28, 2011 at 16:35 PM Login to Reply →