Nicholas Cage's Former Las Vegas Residence Up for Sale for $8,9 Million
Architecture

Nicholas Cage’s Former Las Vegas Residence Up for Sale for $8,9 Million

It is a known fact that movie star Nicholas Cage likes to invest in uncommon properties scattered all around the world. Even though at the present time the star is confronted with a few financial issues, his former homes are still evaluated at exorbitant costs. Take this Las Vegas 14,000-square-foot mansion for example, recently back up for sale for $8,9 million according to Luxist. You are looking at an imposing residence with elevator and panoramic views of “Sin City”. This home features no less than seven bedrooms, a home theater, an impressive spa, a generous pool, a 16- car garage and many, many more. Some of the interiors of this giant building resemble the halls of an opulent hotel, featuring intriguing art works and luxurious furniture elements. Freshome readers, we are very curious about your opinions on the design of this house, so please leave a comment and let us know what made an impression.

• Nicholas Cage VillaFreshome01
  • Nicholas Cage VillaFreshome20
  • Nicholas Cage VillaFreshome21
  • Nicholas Cage VillaFreshome22
  • Nicholas Cage VillaFreshome23

• cath January 12, 2011 at 13:02 PM Login to Reply →

• syukri January 12, 2011 at 13:07 PM Login to Reply →

Wow!this is extra-ordinary designing I ever seen.I can see all the design elements in this house.err..this is house or mall?haha.

• [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by NextTopModelHome, Arq. Marcos Roberto , enchantrezz and others. enchantrezz said: It is a known fact that movie star Nicholas Cage likes to invest in uncommon properties scattered all around the… http://bit.ly/g8QOuU [...]

• DK January 12, 2011 at 13:58 PM Login to Reply →

Opulent but far from being stylish.

• cucu January 12, 2011 at 14:12 PM Login to Reply →

manelist

• Kleopetra January 12, 2011 at 14:57 PM Login to Reply →

Migh be a huge and luxurious home … but couldn’t he afford a tasteful interior designer? In my opionion just big, bigger, biggest and glossy shiny stuff but no style at all. No, Nicholas, I’m not movin in, thank you!

• Tan Ming Heng January 12, 2011 at 15:01 PM Login to Reply →

Amazing… I wonder if NCage actually noticed how beautiful the front garden is….

It does look like a high end club house for functions…

As a house that brings family together? I’m not too confident of that…

It shows he’s got loads of money but he’ll need a huge family to make it homely

• FauxWoodwindowblinds January 12, 2011 at 15:33 PM Login to Reply →

Wow amazing that is great design, it is equal with the prices $8,9 Million.

• Karen Gremp January 12, 2011 at 17:13 PM Login to Reply →

Cath… you hit the nail on the head with; “hum, to be rich and have good taste is not automatic…these pictures are the proof…”, so not automatic as proven by this example.

• Cath January 12, 2011 at 17:31 PM Login to Reply →

Well for is too much!! Too big, too much design on the celling. The problem with this house, is looks like a hotel. You only pass 2 ou 3 night in a hotel. But live there… is too much

• Philip January 12, 2011 at 18:46 PM Login to Reply →

I wonder if Mr Cage even visited the house. He was selling a castle in England that he had never stayed in, or even, I think visited. Not the most homely of houses I have ever seen.

• hockeyrulz!+golf. January 12, 2011 at 21:57 PM Login to Reply →

Yeah well I really like the exterior from the front, it definitely says Vegas!!…It’s funny because i recently designed a house that looked like this on SIMS3 very swank indeed. I’m not sure if I could afford this in real life though. =( PS, I’d hate to see Cage actually Leave Las Vegas (Leaving Las Vegas) really great movie!

• sobi January 13, 2011 at 05:35 AM Login to Reply →

I have to agree on the mall references. Glossy white with polka-dot recessed lighting is tragic.

But then, to me, recessed lighting, a dressed-up word for canned lighting, is tragic in itself, both for the inevitable polka-dot effect as well as the glare that comes from bared bulbs.

Other than that, given the curves, I like it.

• Laura January 13, 2011 at 08:23 AM Login to Reply →

Definitely bad, bad, bad taste!

• Pippa January 13, 2011 at 10:40 AM Login to Reply →

The builder certainly had a penchant for coffered ceilings. I concur with the trend in opinion about taste and am surprised – I honestly though Mr Cage would have a more soulful and sophisticated aesthetic. So much pointless decoration, so little meaning.

• Pippa January 13, 2011 at 10:43 AM Login to Reply →

The builder certainly had a penchant for coffered ceilings. I concur with the trend in opinion about taste and am surprised – I honestly thought Mr Cage would have a more soulful and sophisticated aesthetic. So much pointless decoration, so little meaning.

• ashley January 17, 2011 at 03:54 AM Login to Reply →

I like the way it looks, but for me it’s just too bright and there is a LOT of wasted space, especially in the bedrooms…

• Eva March 20, 2011 at 23:42 PM Login to Reply →

uhm…. no money does not equal taste.

• [...] Nicholas Cage’s Former Las Vegas Residence Up for Sale for $8,9 Million [...]