Small and Cozy Reader's Apartment in Cluj-Napoca, Romania

Small and Cozy Reader’s Apartment in Cluj-Napoca, Romania

We received some photos of this tasteful one room apartment from Gina Malin, one of our Freshome readers. Located in Cluj Napoca, Romania, this cozy crib has a few American influences, due to the fact that its owner spends nine months a year working in Arizona. The apartment has 35 square meters and features a living room, a kitchen and a bathroom. Initially there was a wall between the living room and kitchen, but it was demounted so more living space could be gained. The owner wanted an airy home, without useless furniture items and other forms of clutter. The furniture was custom made by a friend. We really like the wall shelves and think they manage to add style, functionality and an overall warm feel. The color palette (black, white, red, silver) is engaging and not at all tiring. The apartment is located on the forth floor of a building and overlooks a beautiful forest. We really want to know how you see this place and if you consider the owner did a good job in designing this small home. We certainly do.

• _MG_8719
  • IMG_7742
  • IMG_8694
  • IMG_8776
  • IMG_8777

• Salvatore Iovene October 29, 2010 at 07:04 AM Login to Reply →

Really nice :)
    What are those things used on the corners of the moldings in the 3rd picture called? I would really like to get them at my house. Thanks!

• Anonymous October 29, 2010 at 07:33 AM Login to Reply →

Floresti – Luxor, Cluj-Napoca?

• tapet October 29, 2010 at 09:07 AM Login to Reply →

realy nice apartament

• Jozsef Deak October 29, 2010 at 10:51 AM Login to Reply →

Woaaa. I absolutely love this place. I’m Cluj Napoca too and I have a small apartment too and this gave me actually a few ideas how I decorate mines. Simply awesome.

• Ronique Gibson October 29, 2010 at 11:44 AM Login to Reply →

I love that apartment! Especially the kitchen and bath! Very functional for a small place but still great design! Thanks for sharing. :)

• Monica Stanciu October 29, 2010 at 12:00 PM Login to Reply →

I love this tiny place. I used to live in Cluj before immigrating to Canada and was very excited to see tath you showcase some of the Romanian interiors.

The only little tiny thig that bothers me in the living room is the size of the art above the corner sofa and the height it was installed. There is a rule that the art above the sofa should be 2/3 the with of the sofa and needs to be hanged not higher that 4-6″ above it. This way you can still look confortable at the painting even if you are sitting.

• M M October 29, 2010 at 18:06 PM Login to Reply →

It is nice of her to share her apartmant with us.

• Cosmin Sarlau October 29, 2010 at 19:23 PM Login to Reply →

where does someone sleep? I mean.. people usually sleep in their homes the most. This doesn’t look sleep friendly.
    Hmm…

• gina malin October 30, 2010 at 15:03 PM Login to Reply →

@ Salvatore Lorene: it is laminated floor, and the things you’re talking about we just call them corners, they can be exterior corner like that one, or interior corner.here’s a link where u can see them better http://www.equate.ro/accesorii2.html .
    @Monica thanx for the tips about the painting hight,had no ideea about rules, i just thought it should be somewhere in the middle :P
    And yes Cosmin, not very sleep friendly :D, it’s a pull-out couch, but that’s the best i could do with so little space :)

• Olga October 30, 2010 at 15:55 PM Login to Reply →

I like it! It’s realy tasteful.

• rumah minimalis November 20, 2010 at 06:03 AM Login to Reply →

great color combination for overal design..

• okan February 7, 2011 at 20:32 PM Login to Reply →

greate usage of free areas at home, I like the design.

• dana February 11, 2011 at 20:32 PM Login to Reply →

who took those horrible pictures???

the apartment is not bad, but it looks improvised pretending it´s carefully planned.
    curtains are ugly and the separate boxes on the wall are wasteful and impractical: you use too much material and clean more dust. and maybe too many kinds of “wood” that don´t match and don´t make a pleasant contrast. and what´s that bar chair doing in the corner?

again, those pictures…………..