Beautiful Village Home with Modern Design Complements
Architecture

Beautiful Village Home with Modern Design Complements

Advertising

The Meadowview House is a daring architecture project which belongs to Platform 5 Architects and is located in Bedfordshire, England. It is a contemporary family home especially designed for a retired couple in a peaceful village. Surrounding by agricultural fields, the designers of the home were inspired to create a project based on a simple linear form, with no dramatic angles or unexpected wall turns. The overall result is an elegant residence, inspiring tranquility and comfort. The interior is truly spectacular, with large open spaces and a daring, but very tasteful color palette. Stylish wooden stairs connect the levels and natural light is welcomed through the generous-sized windows. A few ceiling windows let in some extra light and make for a great design addition. Paintings and lighting items act as diverse and fresh decorating elements in order to give the interiors a unique feel.

• amazing-architecture
  • mv100710_20-940x704
  • mv100710_21
  • mv100710_22-940x655

• Oliver July 11, 2010 at 16:36 PM Login to Reply →

wow … great house – cool colors at the stairs

• Kitchens July 11, 2010 at 18:00 PM Login to Reply →

I love the loosely built wall which are held together with the steel caging. Nice bathtub also.

• Brook M July 12, 2010 at 07:29 AM Login to Reply →

Simple, beautiful, really minimal design, house to live in everyday. Two thumbs up for Platform 5 Architects

• Nice house. With these purple walls it’s just great

• mary July 12, 2010 at 16:52 PM Login to Reply →

I don’t like this at all. It’s not my style. The front of the house does not look very welcoming. The make shift rock wall looks very industrial and cheap. It kind of gives off a prison vibe. And what’s with the lawn/garden? It has random shrubs that look like weeds awkwardly poking out of the grass .. Again, the house seems very cold and unwelcoming. The purple on the staircase wall looks out of place. The furniture and accent colours are very neutral, which is why I don’t understand the purple. A calm green (in my opinion) would have been best. One thing I do LIKE (not love) about this house are the windows. The window at the top of the stairs is interesting. It would have been best if it were wider .. but again, my opinion.

I’ve seen better

• Cody July 12, 2010 at 22:53 PM Login to Reply →

omg, this is awesome, i really love the interior… great design

• tapet July 13, 2010 at 10:54 AM Login to Reply →

the modern design and purpule colore is on trend in 2010

• Jay B. July 13, 2010 at 17:07 PM Login to Reply →

Not exactly my style, but I must admit that the interior is designed pretty well. Too much purple for me, though.

• vivek kukreja August 1, 2010 at 12:24 PM Login to Reply →

ample of natural light, simple & beautiful.

• Stella October 23, 2012 at 10:55 AM Login to Reply →

It’s so beautiful…great designs…fresh ideas…
    I want to live there – the modern houses, oh yes!!!