Unusual Chairs in the Shape of Tufted Pigs: Milan, 2010
Ideas

Unusual Chairs in the Shape of Tufted Pigs: Milan, 2010

It is true that walking through the Furniture Fair can get a little tiring, because it is simply huge. This is probably why German designers Yvonne Fehling and Jennie Peiz decided to present their new collection called ‘Still Lives’, including life-sized tufted pigs meant to be used as chairs for the passers by and also for the future customers. The “pigs” are probably not all that comfortable, but could become a precious design home product for anyone into unusual interiors. We were a little bit intrigued when seeing them and can’t hardly wait for your opinion. Would you buy one of these for your home?

• pig02
  • piga
  • pig02
  • pig03
  • pig04
  • pig045
  • piga

• dhita April 21, 2010 at 07:32 AM Login to Reply →

I think they are cute and I bet my nieces and nephews would love to have them.

• Michael April 21, 2010 at 07:46 AM Login to Reply →

Dhita, you’re right kids would love them. :)

• Kenn April 21, 2010 at 15:36 PM Login to Reply →

The other commenters are spot-on. They would be great for kids, especially if they mixed up the upholstery material a little (leather is a little to “real” for me). For kids, I could see bright colored wool/felt… Introduce a modern graphic print, and I could see one in my own living room for sure.

• Philip April 21, 2010 at 16:32 PM Login to Reply →

Children? I want one, or two… I can imagine them in the large windows of my barn conversion (that is the barn conversion in my dreams). A really fun piece of furniture that would certainly start conversations.

• Cara April 21, 2010 at 16:51 PM Login to Reply →

You bet your sweet pork buns I would buy these for my home!!! Are these available yet? Put me on the list!

• painters glasgow April 21, 2010 at 17:32 PM Login to Reply →

Lovely! they remind me of the Red Queen from ‘Alice in Wonderland’ and her piggy chairs. I would definietely buy them for my children.

• Lis River April 22, 2010 at 03:13 AM Login to Reply →

I just love it!!!

• Isabel April 25, 2010 at 20:13 PM Login to Reply →

Yesss!!!!

• [...] Ivs just discovered these on Freshome and just fell about laughing. Who’d have through it… a chesterfield pig. Theres some [...]