Functionality And Warmth In A 41 Square Meter Flat

Functionality And Warmth In A 41 Square Meter Flat

We got these pictures from one of our readers via e-mail. Antti Paasivaara is a 21 year old web architect from Finland. The apartment below has a surface of 41 square meters, yet every single corner is well taken care of in matters of functionality. This is why we consider this flat to be an inspiring example on how to deal with small places. Our reader says he has been working on decorating the place for a year. Slowly putting the pieces of the puzzle together paid off and the owner’s personality is probably well emphasized by this small, but stylish apartment. The flat seems to have it all: a bed and an extra sofa for visitors, a cool working space, interesting shelving units for books, an all equipped kitchen and bathroom. So who says a 41sqm apartment is not enough?

• home1
  • home2
  • home3
  • home4
  • home5
  • home6
  • home7
  • home8
  • home9
  • home10
  • home11
  • home12
  • home121

• Hannu March 22, 2010 at 14:46 PMLogin to Reply →

Antti is a typical finnish guys name so I think Mr. Paasivaara would appreciate it if you wouldn’t call him by the female personal pronoun.

• Laura March 22, 2010 at 14:49 PMLogin to Reply →

I want to buy a bookshelf like that (the black one, like a ladder, that I saw several times on freshhome) but I don’t know where to find it. Can anybody help me?

• Thomas March 22, 2010 at 16:10 PMLogin to Reply →

Very cool… I love these posts!

• mauro March 22, 2010 at 16:24 PMLogin to Reply →

is it necessary to post that on a blog?
    it looks like any other northern european flat…

• Lavinia March 22, 2010 at 17:44 PMLogin to Reply →

Thank you for your comment, Mauro. We posted this because we think the 21 year old student that sent us the pictures did a great job arranging her one-room apartment. Not all our articles are about expensive decors.

• Lavinia March 22, 2010 at 17:47 PMLogin to Reply →

I believe there are three big furniture companies mentioned in the article. You could try checking out their online catalogs.

• Lavinia March 22, 2010 at 18:11 PMLogin to Reply →

We fixed it, Hannu, thank you for your reply.

• Antti P March 22, 2010 at 18:26 PMLogin to Reply →

Laura, the black bookshelf is from Ikea

• keren March 23, 2010 at 06:10 AMLogin to Reply →

i love it !!!

• Solar Garden Highlights » Does anbody make good landscape solar lighting products? Like a complete system? March 24, 2010 at 17:17 PMLogin to Reply →

[…] Functionality And Warmth In A 41 Square Meter Flat […]

• Simon March 28, 2010 at 15:29 PMLogin to Reply →

I think I see a lot of IKEA-shit right there. But you did a nice job making it ‘livable’