Freshome
Home Ideas : Design Ideas, Pictures, Unique Products and Inspiration Michael Jackson Wired Interior Design Ideas

Michael Jackson Wired Interior Design Ideas

TMZ just published a few pictures with all sorts of flamboyantly bizarre furniture that Michael Jackson spent more than $700,000 before he died. All these unique pieces of furniture were ordered for a London mansion he was supposed to live in during the run of his “This Is It” tour … but he died before the Italian furniture maker Colombostile could deliver the goods. These pieces of furniture are unique, colorful and wild…just like Michael. Finally what do you think about Michael Jackson interior design taste ?

michael jackson furniture 01 Michael Jackson Wired Interior Design Ideas michael jackson furniture 0 Michael Jackson Wired Interior Design Ideas michael jackson furniture Michael Jackson Wired Interior Design Ideas

michael jackson furniture 2010 Michael Jackson Wired Interior Design Ideas

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

46 responses to “Michael Jackson Wired Interior Design Ideas” - Add yours!

1. Jessie said:
    January 14, 2010

I was knew Michael had a lot a class. Those are very nice items to have.

2. Jessie said:
    January 14, 2010

I always knew that Michael loved quality things. Those are amazing looking items to have at view.

3. Eduardo Pinto said:
    January 14, 2010

definitely not my style…good post though!

4. house architectural said:
    January 15, 2010

i wondering that this is great interior design for the poo star “King of Pop”

5. January 15, 2010

Really weird but then again, it’s Michael. He is always original.

6. Laura said:
    January 15, 2010

I’ve never seen anything as awful as this stuff!! Really a peak of bad taste.

7. Juste said:
    January 15, 2010

Typical American distasteful, fake-baroque ,kitschy rich-people junk! It’s too ugly to contemplate. As a designer I’d blatantly refuse to produce such atrocious junk.

8. sobi said:
    January 15, 2010

Hmph. I not only sneer at the ornateness of the furniture, I sneer at the people who purchase such trash, and in fact, it is so distasteful, I regret I must extend that sneer to include the entire nation.

That it is imported is not important.

9. Mickey said:
    January 17, 2010

I just say, ‘each to his/her own…’ and leave it at that! :D

10. fran said:
    January 22, 2010

Like his work – he appreciates art and all the hard work that goes into each piece – be it elaborate or not – I think he focused on the artist behind the piece in his flamboyant choices.

11. Jane said:
    January 22, 2010

just shows how wacked out he was

12. Sue said:
    January 22, 2010

I find it funny how Juste and Sobi have such hate-filled reactions to this furniture. I personally found it interesting to see what he liked. Michael Jackson was an amazing performer. He also grew up and out of terrible poverty – to become a gentle person with an amazing gift for pop-music. Sad how something like a chair or a table can bring out such racist, hateful commentary.

Sobi and Juste, I don’t know what your taste in furniture is. I know how bad your manners are.

13. tootsie said:
    January 22, 2010

over-the-top…but then so was MJ. I miss him.

14. Glen Walker said:
    January 23, 2010

Love the leopard. I have to-die-for tropical animal skin print furniture myself. It is a nice contrast with my blonde hair and blue eyes. My Zebra print purse is another instance of how I take the jungle out with me. I just suppose Micael was going back to his roots — mine unfortunately are just on my skalp.

15. Karen said:
    January 23, 2010

It’s not my taste, but apparently MIchael liked it, so what’s wrong with that…. Sobi you just sound like a nasty person…

16. Luke @ Fabric Shower Curtains said:
    February 11, 2010

I still can’t believe he is gone. It still hasn’t really sunk in after nearly a year. RIP MJ, we all love you. x

17. Pistonblack said:
    February 23, 2010

These pieces of furniture are great works of ART that does not have to go with a theme of a living room or dining room. These works can stand alone on its own as they are! I bet the least sophisticated or ART educated person would “GET IT” if they saw it in someone’s home and appreciate them as they are…even a child! Sobe and Juste are entitled to their opinion, however, they didn’t have to be so ugly about it. I suspect that their opinion was not based on the furniture but something else entirely.
    Give it a rest guys, the man is dead already.

18. Zenn said:
    February 23, 2010

lol @ Just and Sobi. To take one pop star’s taste and attribute it to a whole nation is ignorant and downright silly. Neither of you have any class. It’s okay to dislike his taste in furniture. It’s okay to say you won’t produce a work like that. It is not, however, acceptable for you to insult a dead man, or an entire country just because of a famous person’s taste. Next time, save the energy and just don’t comment, unless you are going to stick to opinion on JUST the items/question posted.

That said, yeah, the furniture is way too ornate for my taste. However, I’m not a pop star, and I don’t have 700k to blow on furniture. You can tell he liked the glitz and glam (either that, or he felt like he was always on display and that’s what he thought would impress people)…

19. Sandy said:
    February 23, 2010

Michael spent a great deal of time in the Arabian states where much of the furniture is over the top in ornate gold wrapped and other such displays of wealth. No one ever said that money gives you class….this is a true case of too much…..Elvis was just as bad – a quick visit to Graceland will prove it, just check out his monkey room, or the tv room. It’s a shame the interior decorators helping them knew more about how to relieve them of their money then how to help them invest in timeless pieces that would appreciate in value and educate them to the refineness of classic antiques. May MJ and Elvis rest in peace.

20. Julie said:
    February 23, 2010

Excellent taste! I knew he had it!

21. M. Brown, Overstock customer said:
    February 23, 2010

Overstock I’m not sure if posting “Michael Jackson’s Bizarre Furniture” is a publicity ploy or someone’s funny joke. But to still keep up or entice negative comments against a dead person (whom many loved) is on line of bad taste. Farrah Fawcett who died around the same time had a family (the O’Neals) and son who have had many bad times, but do you “entice” customers to post comments about the “druggie family?” Your racism is showing through also when you try to take away the history this Pop Icon made through the years.
    I am a customer and didn’t believe Overstock would stoop this low. Watch Out in the future, your sales could be affected.

22. mammakat said:
    February 23, 2010

Juste- it is sooo YESTERDAY to equate being American with general bad taste- I don’t think you are a designer, probably just a wannabe. A talented designer would know better, and probably have better, more adult manners.

23. Lora said:
    February 23, 2010

One word comes to mind over and over looking at each piece – ornate.

24. Carla said:
    February 23, 2010

I’d say it’s very ecletic, very “over the top”, but then again, it’s Michael Jackson! The man had a strong sense of style, taste and he was so talented! He’s gone too soon, it’s too bad. He gave us wonderful music, and his talent was evident. I actually like the wall table with wings, and the big red sofa and “royal chair”. I wouldn’t have it in my home, for someone of MJ’s stature, I could see how furniture like this could fit. The main thing is to have respect for individual tastes. None of us fit into a single mold, and neither does our furniture tastes!

25. heather said:
    February 24, 2010

Dear Sue…
    How is it that Juste and Sobi’s comments are being read as “racist”- sounds like you have chip on your own shoulder..

26. yayah said:
    February 26, 2010

such good furniture but they turn it in to such trash btw im ayanna aka yayah

27. Terri said:
    February 26, 2010

Who are we to judge! To each his own. Are you for real? Now that you can’t rip MJ apart any longer, you’re going after his furniture? Let the man AND his furniture rest in peace! All of us wished we had his money to even entertain the idea of purchasing one piece of that furniture whether we liked it or not.

28. Brad said:
    February 26, 2010

I like some of this stuff. When you have that kind of money, why not?

29. Sarah said:
    February 26, 2010

Well, I’m a genealogist, and I have seen that many Americans are descended from royalty or nobility, and blacks are no exception, except they also have sometimes unknown roots in Africa that could also be royal. Also we all have roots that go back to less wealthy, more folksy people, as well. All of this is reflected in Michael Jackson’s taste. Also, the rock star is prevalent. It is a tale of how he lived and who he was. I think it’s interesting, and, though I might not be comfortable with all that pattern and glitz, I can really see him rockin’ out in it!

30. Marianne said:
    February 27, 2010

Like most of us – I couldn’t imagine having this sort of stuff in my home – but I can just imagine how delighted MJ would be to find each of these pieces and how much enjoyent he got out of them. If you look under the over-the-top and sometimes downright gunky ornamentation, the furniture looks functional and comfortable. It would be fun to visit him.

31. michelle oTangO said:
    February 27, 2010

Michael certainly had flamboyant taste.
    The pictures can not convey the elegance and elemental craftsmanship of such pieces.

Items of this nature are made by highly skilled artisians and will last centuries. Quality is evident.

Not my particular style but I can appreciate the uniqueness of the the pieces. I would love to have the rug

In a world of cookie cutter Machouses and bland offerings, these are wonderful.

32. melo said:
    February 28, 2010

Oh pulleeeze people – this furniture is nothing more than a overblown selfagrandizing statement from someone whose ego was so huge he named himself the King of Pop. I’m sorry to pull out the whole ‘people are starving in Africa’ cliche, but it’s true, and to spend this kind of money on your furniture when others are living in houses with dirt floors is offensive and disgusting. The whole Jackson clan seems to think that they are God’s gift, but in the words of Mr. Stevie Wonder ‘You haven’t done nuthin!’

33. giorgio said:
    February 28, 2010

Thank god it wasn’t Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn furniture. That would have crushed me!

34. Char said:
    March 1, 2010

Four words…. Fit For A King!! :-)

35. leggs67 said:
    March 2, 2010

Ugh. … belongs in a French Bordello!

36. nom nom said:
    March 2, 2010

What a bunch of crap. I guess when you sodomize children you lose all taste for design.

Only a low class black person would order garbage like that.

37. phillygirl57 said:
    March 2, 2010

This kind of purchase is a result of an unstable mind. When you clearly know that people are starving and probably will never see a decent home yet furniture and you purchase some crap like this you know there is something wrong. We have created monsters in this entertainment field.
    God said enough is enough. No amount of money can lengthen your days on this planet.

38. romeo said:
    March 3, 2010

This looks like Michael’s homage to himself as the princess of pop. Perhaps furniture ideas taken from a Saudi palace?

39. Bond, James Bond said:
    March 3, 2010

This is the complete opposite of those people who try to purchase expensive looking furniture, for the least amount of money possible (IKEA). This is expensive furniture… that looks really cheap. If thats what he was going for, he nailed it. The design and craftmanship appear to be a cross between goodwill and costco.

40. Lisa White Heath III said:
    March 3, 2010

Interesting,colorful, yet decadent as if he was in the 17th century.

41. Michael Jackson said:
    March 3, 2010

I love you all and always will. The afterlife is everything that I hoped it would be. Even the little boys run around nude. Please buy my furniture knowing that more than a few real life cherrubs spent time with me on these. Some people may think it’s all a bit garnish and I would have to agree, but in the end it got the job done.

42. Brian said:
    March 3, 2010

the pieces shown are ugly as sin. i will say this though, if i was worth 1 billion or more, i would buy useless ugly crap too. what else are you going to do with that kind of money.

43. BAGEL said:
    April 9, 2010

U-G-L-Y!!

44. April 15, 2010

i like Michael and i like also his interior decorating design ideas

45. April 20, 2010

I will miss him terribly. I wish he would have lived longer.

46. ART said:
    June 1, 2010

To all of you who don’t have experience with the top brands in furniture supply: ( as I have being a professional Interior Designer who always travels to world’ fairs ) all these pieces are from Colombostile,Neither American Nor Arabic but an Italian company,
    And IT IS fit for the King of POP, for most of their clients are Royalties and Presidents, from around the world.
    As for the Weird finishes the whole collection has, It is selected By the King of Pop himself!! Standard procedure of Colombostile.

One Trackback

1. [...] pictures of his recent furniture purchases and each piece is more outlandish  than the other. Via Freshome *Products reviewed may be available from the links provided. Please do not call Bedzine for [...]