Freshome

Fuck Christmas Tree Ornament

One of the great things about Christmas is of course decorating the tree. It’s a special time of year when the tree arrives in the home and whole family gets to come together to decorate it. So right before Christmas I’ve found this cool christmas tree ornaments that is a word …take a look at the picture below to see about what words I’m talking about. The Fuck and Fucker ornaments are available from UrbanOutfitters for $10.00-$12.00. White I’m looking at these pictures I’m already thinking about little kids asking their moms …”Mom what f**k means ?“. – Via – Thedailydairy

fuck ornament Fuck Christmas Tree Ornament

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

23 responses to “Fuck Christmas Tree Ornament” - Add yours!

1. alan said:
    December 18, 2009

dumb. shock value but without the shock part. and they’ve commercialized it. and the designs are rip offs that have nothing to do with xmas or fuck. how does that even work?

2. abdo said:
    December 19, 2009

I know this blog for such a long time and I haven’t seen such things on it before. Surely I consider freshome as a respectful webblog that only show highly selcted stuff. And what I am seeing now is totaly a shame and shouldn’t be added in freshome under any condition.

Please don’t go down!

Regards

3. Bill said:
    December 21, 2009

you people who promote this kind of volgarity are the reason why the u.s. is going down hill.I can’t wait till the end times when YOU will be judged!

4. Richard said:
    December 21, 2009

Wonderful table.

Don’t you DARE ask me to dust it!

5. Becca said:
    December 21, 2009

Jeez, lighten up. If you’re offended by curse words on the internet I think you’ll be in for an uncomfortable surprise the more you surf the web. It’s a just a word–gasp!

Freshome– funny post! I’m sure there’s plenty of folks out there who appreciate the humor in this item!

6. mughalprince said:
    December 21, 2009

My kids normally like to see the great ideas presented by freshome, I got to it before I let them look and will be careful so they avoid the website until these images are removed. There is enough rubbish on the internet for a repectable site to publise such low thinking. Religion is sacred and there is no call in disprespecting anyone or their beliefs.

7. Lacy said:
    December 21, 2009

Seriously Abdo? Who cares? No one says you have to buy the ornament. I love seeing the unique and different things this blog shows and am already to purchase one! Relax a little…

8. janet said:
    December 21, 2009

Have people no concience or shame anymore? Call me weird, but word’s such as, thoughtfulness, peace, thankfulness, redemption, joy, and oh yes , Christ our Saviour, all, somehow seem more appropriate for a Christmas tree! I would hope that freshome would show some dignity and respect to it’s market clientele regarding the reverence for the holiday. Perhaps though, freshome is ignorant?

9. Héctor said:
    December 21, 2009

No way!, that is an interesting ornament that shows us how creativity can always come up with something new. It is a cool detail for a christmas tree and I’m sure that a lot of people will buy it. Cheap, cool and creative! Great post.

That also show us how the design can be so diverse and also that FresHome have a wide variety of especial designs for us to see, not only the same stuff ever.

10. Abdo said:
    December 21, 2009

Dear all,

Even in movies they classify them regarding to what people may see and hear in them.

I wrote what I wrote coz I love this webblog and I want it to remain as I loved it.

We all have kids and sometimes as Lacy said we ask them to join us and look at what might be presented here in order to develop their sense of taste NOT to ruin it.

That was my point and I still wish for this photos to be removed.

With my love to freshome and all of my respect to you guys.

Best wishes

11. Kit said:
    December 22, 2009

This is the first time I wondered if I can reopen this site to see design ideas..This is not a design idea…its just inappropriate….you know Christmas trees represent a holy holiday for those of us who are christians….just sickening.

12. Ian Dromey said:
    December 22, 2009

I’m disappointed. I thought you’d have more class.

13. Becca said:
    December 22, 2009

Yeah, because going out and wasting a ton of money on material goods, and killing trees to stick in your house til they die is TOTALLY what Jesus was all about. Don’t give me your “religion is sacred” bullshit. You know as well as I do that there’s nothing christian about the gross commercialization of christmas. Christmas trees don’t represent anytyhing. Santa, the jolly fat guy, was created in that image by Coca Cola in the early 1900′s. If you want to do good in the name of Christ, how about you forgo the trees and gifts and do something to help the poor and starving. You materialisic Christians disgust me. You say freshome will be judged for a curse word? You who twist the word of your supposed savior to mean LETS BUY THINGS FOR EACH OTHER AND TEACH OUR KIDS THAT’S WHAT’S IMPORTANT!!! Yeah, I think you hypocrites should go back to your tree and your presents and meanwhile I will applaud freshome for not CENSORING itself for your delicate religious sensabilities.
    Good job, freshome, for letting us see any design ideas you want to share, including those that someone, SOMEWHERE on the internet, MIGHT take offense to. Seriously, lighten up and how about all of you naysayers have a little respect for OTHER people’s opinions and views on things, even if they differer from yours. Maybe if you were a little more TOLERANT, the world would be a better place.

14. Level Headed said:
    December 23, 2009

Why am I not surprised at the religious uproar? I suppose they do have the copyright on verbal outrage, family values, and lack of irony. Look! Swearwords on a Christmas tree! It’s. Ironic. Get it?

Oh the right wing shall never understand the painful ironic circles those hipsters run in.

Humorless folks, I do hope the cheer fairy pays them a visit, for they sorely lack in the ability to grasp irony.

Perhaps I should say it one more time- IRONY!

15. Level Headed said:
    December 23, 2009

Oh, and Thomas Nast is credited with Santa, not Coca-Cola (although they surely made more money off of it), who happens to be the same gentleman who gave us the donkey and the elephant.

Also, not to rag on the religious anymore than I already have, the evergreen is a symbol of the pagan festivities so charitably replaced by the birth of Jesus.

16. stuf64 said:
    December 23, 2009

Wow, what a stupid idea. I didn’t think such classless people existed. Blah, blah, blah, ‘it’s irony’, blah, ‘a joke’, blah…Someone needs to work on their self worth here!

Freshome home included for posting such a tasteless item.

17. Becca said:
    December 23, 2009

Level Headed– my mistake, I recently watched a thing on various origins of Christmassy things, and they made it out that Coke really popularized and brought to mainstream the fat, jolly Santa.

18. HowardG said:
    December 25, 2009

Such a waste of energy, argument, emotion and time.
    Just how is this item an ornamental object?

Ripped off designs, adds zero to a very cherished eventy and meaning. Right, wrong or otherwise – freshome isn’t very ‘fresh’ or ‘homely’

Dumb, stupid, profane, narcisstic, shock-value-only and is NOT ironic whatsover.

Hector are you retarted? Out on day-release? I’ve been in the profoundly creative industries for over 45 years and this is NOT CREATIVE. It is gratuitous, banal, crass,

Becca who put you in charge of readers’ emotions, sensibilities or values!? How does “fuck off” appeal to your lack of applicable intelligence?

Lacy – I… WE CARE about social values and the imposition of vacuous, inane, infantile, anarchic dilletante’s use of senseless profanity.

As a buddhist I don’t even do Christmas. Yet these so- called ornaments provide no elevation of anyone’s day nor life.

freshome – you’re not! Just what sex has to do with christ is beyond us?

“The essential feature of irony is the indirect presentation of a contradiction between an action or expression and the context in which it occurs. In the figure of speech, emphasis is placed on the opposition between the literal and intended meaning of a statement; one thing is said and its opposite implied, as in the comment, “Beautiful weather, isn’t it?” made when it is raining or nasty.”

19. Level Headed said:
    December 26, 2009

HowardG, your prejudice is far more offensive than that mother of all four letter words. Calling someone ‘retarded’ and then raising your privileged fist and crying foul about these bits of plastic seems silly to me.

Irony has no tag that reads “must not be offensive”, because it certainly can be. You obviously have limited ideas on irony, since you didn’t see the fact that a profane word (“bad”) hung upon a Christmas tree (“good”) is ironic. Let me put this in words borrowed from your own post:

“In the figure of speech, emphasis is placed on the opposition between the literal and intended meaning of a statement; one thing is said and its opposite implied, as in” this ornament, where they are typically warm and fuzzy, or religious, and suprise, this one is a bad word! Gasp! (Your example was strictly “verbal irony”, and yes there are more types than just this single one. Try “dramatic irony” for a real shock next time you figure out how to use google.)

For someone who claims no affiliation with Christmas, some one who stated “Such a waste of energy, argument, emotion and time.”, you sure spent a lot of time arguing and insulting. Oh dear, what to do with one such as you? You obviously are offended by curse words, yet are not causious or carng enough to be p.c., while selling your own pernicious intelligence.

I do have to say, you were quite right at calling these banal. Really, they aren’t too creative, but they have a certain appeal to the 20-somethings catered to by Urban Outfitters.

At the very end, perhaps I have to say what I thought when I first wandered on to this page– Alas! Good and Bad are relative to the societies and cultures they are perceived in. This goes for art and design too, years of Art History at least taught me that.

One more thing, “freshome – you’re not! Just what sex has to do with christ is beyond us?”…. But you’re Buddhist! Why the plural noun and the outrage? Me thinks I smell a pretender.

20. Jessica said:
    December 8, 2010

Fuck.

21. Gudrun Crittendon said:
    December 11, 2010

I have respected your site thus far, but I am deeply disappointed to see that you have lowered yourself to such a degrading and tasteless, but even more so unimaginative posting just to say it’s different and weird to get shock effect?

22. Garrison said:
    December 14, 2010

Okay I understand your frustration but you need to have a sense of humor, remember there are people in this world who buy talking robot fish to hang on there walls are they going to hell too?

23. stefbuik said:
    December 21, 2010

Well well well..and all Americans get themselves in a tizzy…..
    Sorry..This blog is European ,and we Europeans, generally do not mind funny stuff like this. Quit forcing Your puritanism on the world. Please.

2 Trackbacks

1. By F*cking Christmas tree ornaments! « INTERNET THERAPY on December 23, 2009

[...] Fresh Home Posted by hainesmorgan Filed in holiday inspiration Tags: christmas, cursing, decorating, [...]

2. [...] “fuck” christmas tree ornaments [...]