Freshome
Home Apartments Design Ideas, Pictures and Decor Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation – Cost Effective Designing

Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation – Cost Effective Designing

We’ve just been allowed a sneak peek in Gemma Ahern’s renovated (from scratch) apartment. It’s a complete makeover with stylish furnishings and accessories that costed just a bit over $10,000. She definitely managed to impress us with the terrific work, given the budget. With quirky show pieces, varied hues, use of mix-and-match in styles and colors –- they all makes up for a very modern yet elegant style. One of the msot interesting features is the bookcase wallpaper which gives a very casual and lounge-like look and feel. Inspiration eh? – via

Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation 1 Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation – Cost Effective Designing

Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation 2 Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation – Cost Effective Designing

Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation 3 Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation – Cost Effective Designing

Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation 4 Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation – Cost Effective Designing

Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation 5 Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation – Cost Effective Designing

Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation 6 Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation – Cost Effective Designing

Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation 7 Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation – Cost Effective Designing

Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation 8 Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation – Cost Effective Designing

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

10 responses to “Gemma Ahern Apartment Renovation – Cost Effective Designing” - Add yours!

1. June 19, 2009

inspiration, yes!! it’s amazing with creativity what can be done with small amounts of money, some great paint, etc. love every room. i really like that wall as you descend the staircase. love how eclectic it is. really fun. :) happy weekend!

2. sue said:
    June 19, 2009

totally loving the shaggy ball-ish foot stool!
    where can i get one please?
    tfs

3. Mike said:
    June 20, 2009

I think I sold them that Shepard Fairey print.

4. Memo said:
    June 22, 2009

Great design!!

Where can I find more like this??

5. israel said:
    June 23, 2009

Perhaps it’s an optical illusion, but that bicycle looks either broken or very difficult to ride! I really like the apartment still!

6. Ruthie said:
    September 19, 2009

The wall of the landing/staircase is FABULOUS, and im not ashamed to say that i will be copuing itas closely as i can when i move into my new house! I thought the walls of the front room were a bit dark for the small space, but i guess rules are made to be broken. I LOVE the fireplace display as well, and it is SO REFRESHING, not to see your bog standard, nice, expensive yawnsome designs like in ideal home magazine ect.. It is great to finally see imagination and creativity. This is my kinda home.

7. bathroom tiles said:
    July 19, 2010

I love the bookcase wallpaper. I would never think to paint a small apartment such a dark color, but it really works here.

8. Leo said:
    August 8, 2010

The horrible penguin wooden statue, the gigantic pear, the humongous butterflies… This items wouldn’t sell for 5 bucks in a garage sale… The dear skull!!! oh, the humanity!!!!! The only thing that saves this apartment is the couch.
    Ps: Good luck reading all those books inside this casket. What the hell, noone reads nowadays anyway.

9. August 16, 2010

I love the gigantic posters. and the letterings on the walls.

10. October 7, 2010

I wish I had something like this, but that day will come soon. :)

2 Trackbacks