Architecture

Armor House in Los Angeles

advertise here

The creative designers from Studio 0.10 Architects, have put up a single-family house a few blocks away from the chic strip of Sawtelle Blvd. in Los Angeles. Specially built for a client that is passionate with photography,¬† the custom-built residence maximizes the living space and adds a modern flavor to the whole deal. Nothing short of cool, the 5,400-sq.-ft. house has three storeys, features a large courtyard (with two independent structures sandwiching), an amazing staircase that provides great sights of the “hip” neighborhood and perfect cues and angles. Practical or a dream home, we’ll let you decide! What do you think?

• armor-house
  • armor-house-2
  • armor-house-3
  • armor-house-4
  • armor-house-5
  • armor-house-6
  • armor-house-7

• [...] Freshome.comSHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: “Creative armored cube house from LA”, url: [...]

• robin pulsifer April 7, 2009 at 15:51 PM Login to Reply →

one word…wow! love the clean lines, the modern space, i would have to keep the interior decor very uncluttered and spacious as well.

• Lily Bai April 8, 2009 at 08:13 AM Login to Reply →

Wonderful design! It’s looks so simple but relaxed much…

• [...] Armor House in Los Angeles  Link to this page  Link to this page Copy the code below to your web site. x  [...]

• Stephen April 9, 2009 at 11:19 AM Login to Reply →

That house is so clutter free! I need a place like that

• matt April 9, 2009 at 14:46 PM Login to Reply →

This is the kind of house that you literally have not one stain, one thing out of place, anything like that.

• Pete April 9, 2009 at 14:51 PM Login to Reply →

The house looks (and MUST look) uninhabited. There is simply no
    room for people here. In sum, this house is all and only about
    itself. I rather like it as a matter of pure design, but the
    thought of trying to live in it makes me shudder.

• Dave April 9, 2009 at 15:12 PM Login to Reply →

It’s nice but I’d hate to live there imagine walking up them
    stairs in full view all the time. I’d be dressing up to go upstairs
    lol

• db wheeler April 9, 2009 at 15:12 PM Login to Reply →

This souless box has all the appeal of a penal institution.
    What crimes and misdemeanors must compel those
    unfortunate people thatthey must punish themselves by choosing to ‘live’
    in such a place as this. My heart goes out to them as well as the
    architect {s}.

• Lori Dennis, ASID, LEED AP December 28, 2009 at 03:09 AM Login to Reply →

I think I’ve see this house when I was driving. As a minimalist, I of course love it! I’m just wondering if these designs we’ve created will look extremely dated in 2030 like an avocado frig and matted, orange shag carpet does now???