Temperature Sensitive Glass Tiles

Temperature Sensitive Glass Tiles

Moving Color is an innovative technology which takes glass tiles to new heights in terms of interior design. These are temperature sensitive textured glass tiles  which change color with the ambient, body or water temperature. So when someone touches them or if warm water from a shower hits them, the tiles then literally “bloom with color”! How neat is that?

The manufacturer offer tiles in different sizes and for all sorts of applications – wall, floor and counter tops. There are also texture and base color options which allows you to custom the look you want.  Clients can also choose the activation temperature of the tiles which will then go through 3 shimmering phases,  each with a 6 – 10° rise in temperature.  “Once the temperature peak is passed, the base color returns and remains the same until the temperature drops.”

How much is this going to cost? It’s approximately $17 per standard size 4″ x 4″ x 3/8″ tile or $149/ft with reductions for volume discounts.  It’s not cheap because the tiles are all individually hand made from recycled glass but you have to admit, they are “cool” when hot! – Via

• Wade Jackman March 3, 2009 at 22:10 PMLogin to Reply →

Thats pretty wild. Hopefully the price will one day drop and Ill hav myself a nifty shower.

• Very Excited March 10, 2009 at 03:07 AMLogin to Reply →

Where is this available now? I don’t see the name of the supplier in the article?

I’d love one for my shower now!

• Akito May 29, 2009 at 10:11 AMLogin to Reply →

this is so beautiful…. just awsome

• Mary September 25, 2009 at 22:15 PMLogin to Reply →

Come visit the new online store!!! New Tiles are coming out everyday!!!

• Denis October 12, 2009 at 05:46 AMLogin to Reply →

Excellent article. Thanks

• Hattie McDaniel February 12, 2010 at 15:59 PMLogin to Reply →

:O So mush Info :O THis Is he MOst AMAzing SIte DUDe

• AKANKSHA THAPAR August 28, 2010 at 15:27 PMLogin to Reply →

Hello!!!
    This is akanksha dehradun based interior designer…
    i really loved your designs….
    Special n very much different..
    I want your showroom in dehradun also…

• Alexis Webber June 23, 2015 at 12:37 PMLogin to Reply →

That’s amazing! I’d totally spend the money on something like that, it’d be worth it. It would be expensive to line the whole shower with it but I would love having heat sensitive tiles. It reminds me of the mood rings I had when I was a kid :)