The Peaceful Gun Rack Organiser

The Peaceful Gun Rack Organiser

Stuart Fingerhut is a Los Angeles based designer who came up with this non-violent gun. It’s actually a wall mounted gun rack organiser specifically created to hold your keys, mail and so on in your foyer. What could be more peaceful than a gun that doesn’t fire, has a flock of birds and a little girl swinging on the barrel? He designed it to be a functional art piece.

The gun rack organizer is laser cut from 1/4″ acrylic and can be arranged such that there is more shelf space or to sit closer or further from the wall. You can purchase it either black or white for $100 from the designer’s Etsy Store. – Via

• bakeling December 5, 2008 at 17:47 PM Login to Reply →

It is not bad to have this harmless gun at home !

• Serena December 7, 2008 at 23:24 PM Login to Reply →

Thanks but no thanks; I’ll stick with my real gun.

• name December 8, 2008 at 15:18 PM Login to Reply →

This is painful. It’s one of those pieces that screams, ‘I’m trying desperately hard to be trendy and make a statement.’ Unfortunately, it’s a major failure. Tacky.

• reuben December 9, 2008 at 19:03 PM Login to Reply →

Bakeling,

It’s not bad to have any gun at home! Guns are not bad, not evil, not corrupt. They are simply tools made of wood, steel and plastic and are thus incapable of being evil.

It’s the user that is bad or good.

If he’d dump the kid on the swing and the flock of birds, I’d buy one. Make a profile of an AR and I’d buy one of each for my gun room.

A fine toothed saw would easily remove the swing and birds.

• Cargosquid December 10, 2008 at 13:18 PM Login to Reply →

I agree with Breda over at The Breda Fallacy:

I think it’s a great symbol!

Peace through superior firepower.

• Clint December 14, 2008 at 05:07 AM Login to Reply →

They call it a “gun rack”??? A gun rack holds *guns*. A “rack that looks like a gun” is not the same thing; it is just.so.very.wrong…

• Clint December 14, 2008 at 05:12 AM Login to Reply →

BTW, It is wrong for calling it a”gun rack” when it clearly is not. Have some designer art on a gun theme is cool, unless the overriding politics/underling message is “beat your swords into plowshares…SOON!”

• geekwitha.45 December 17, 2008 at 23:13 PM Login to Reply →

You should have BOTHa plow AND a sword, or you’ll wind up plowing for the guy WITH the sword for free.

• Sharyl Bagu February 7, 2011 at 15:56 PM Login to Reply →

Fantastic site, where did you come up with the information in this piece of content? I’m pleased I found it though, ill be checking back soon to see what other articles you have.