Ideas

Bicycle Trailers on Loan at IKEA

advertise here

IKEA of Denmark is now starting a new concept at their Danish stores. After they made a survey and found that 20 percent of its customers arrived by bike, the IKEA outside of Copenhagen has hooked up with the Danish Freetrailer service to offer (relatively free) Velorbis bikes with trailers to customers. IKEA has invested in Velorbis bikes, at a couple of their stores, that will pull trailers so that customers can ride home with the new purchases.

To borrow a bike and trailer bike users must put down a deposit of about U.S. 100 and can then choose to pay for a seven dollar insurance policy for each loan or be liable for the larger amount in costs if the bike is damaged or stolen. A bike with trailer can be loaned for more than one day to give you time to return it. I really like this idea, because with this simple move IKEA shows that they cares about their customers and also about the environment. – Via

• Laura S. Taylor July 14, 2008 at 10:33 AM Login to Reply →

at first I thought this was a wonderful idea…but then i
    considered how the customer would get to ikea in the first place.
    If they ride their bike (like you say) then what happens to it if
    they ride the ikea bike home? there must be an answer, because Ikea
    had to have considered this.

• Banaticus July 15, 2008 at 08:18 AM Login to Reply →

Their own bike stays locked up where they left it — you don’t think they’d go inside and shop for a few hours and just leave their bike unlocked in front of the store, do you?

• [...] zu kaufen. Die Fahrräder können beim Anbieter Freetrailer sogar online vorgebucht werden. Via und [...]

• Dawn Abba May 19, 2009 at 06:13 AM Login to Reply →

The Dutch actually bike. I commute soley by bike and when I
    transport materials, in the United States, on my bike people
    don’t know what to make of it. They look at me like I am crazy.
    People in cars don’t know what to do.
    When I was in Belize, you would typically see two to three people
    on a bike. In Guatemala, I saw a bike, a trailer and 6 people on
    one bike! It was amazing.
    In WWII, people made grave sacrifices to do their part and help
    the troops. Millions of species are going extinct. I think a
    little sacrifice, a little inconvenience is worth it.

• Andrew Pelt December 5, 2009 at 20:10 PM Login to Reply →

It won’t get you anywhere. It is second-rate how the populace can treat fairly a complicated avocation like this. It is routine how everybody does explain a labyrinthine task like this. There’s absolutely no need for multiple refinance my mortgage or yeah, refinance my mortgage is junk. Once you can teach yourself that you can handle the responsibility, then you can consider a home loan. In general, currently, banks who are issuing home loans are looking for someone with a credit score above 700. Do not get discouraged. How do cliques earn low cost refinance my mortgage warnings? If the underwriters believe that the person with the bad credit can make payments, they may refinance with no closing costs.

• Burkhead January 24, 2010 at 00:24 AM Login to Reply →

Hey, great blog!. How do I subscribe to ensure I get notifed when you make new posts? Thanks

• loan refinance January 24, 2010 at 14:37 PM Login to Reply →

Thanks for the articles. I have learned a lot reading your site.

• Laan April 1, 2010 at 23:43 PM Login to Reply →

One thing I learnt is that before asking for a loan, the thing that can ruin you most isn’t the fact that you don’t know how you’ll repay it, but failure to know how to use the loan once you get it.

• fred April 10, 2010 at 04:27 AM Login to Reply →

where can i buy a bike and trailer with ”IKEA” on the side of it

• PAti August 12, 2010 at 20:43 PM Login to Reply →

I am from denmark, really good *idea (and i think only idea) with bikes ( i never see person driving that ikeabike ), but is some minus like, ikea is really long way from city with buss is about 20min so with bike gonna be 40-50min (do u really wanna carry all that stuff that long way?) :( True is that, on parking u can find many companys who can deliver furnitures with you straight to your home, this plasure is not that expensive :)

I love denmark for many ideas, but mostly … are not useful :)
    salute.