Table Made from a Wind Sheild and Bicycle Rims

Table Made from a Wind Sheild and Bicycle Rims

Designed by Girishbabu Uppin this glass and metal table is made from scraps of vehicles like wind shields and bicycle rims. I never thought that from two bicycle rims, and a wind shield someone can make a piece of furniture that actually looks good. This design is a great example for those people who throw away all kind of stuff after they use it for about an year or so. Don’t throw things, away …think a little and you might end up with a creative solution like this interesting table. – Via – Ecofriend

• Furniture » Blog Archive » Table Made from a Wind Sheild and Bicycle Rims May 29, 2008 at 21:29 PMLogin to Reply →

[…] View original here: Table Made from a Wind Sheild and Bicycle Rims […]

• RB May 31, 2008 at 13:33 PMLogin to Reply →

Nice! Anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where none can see a similar table made by Kramer?

• Dobie June 5, 2008 at 23:22 PMLogin to Reply →

Ah! a wonderfully obscure Seinfeld reference.
    Also check out Resource Revival (.com?) for more bicycle part furniture and do-dads

• Girishbabu Uppin February 10, 2009 at 12:31 PMLogin to Reply →

Thanks Michael, for posting my design, this was
    my design school assignment.

• Mervyn July 16, 2009 at 13:37 PMLogin to Reply →

Quite cool! am working on some furniture out of old cycle parts.
    How did you get the rim to stay after cutting it. Dose it go out of shape?

• Girishbabu D Uppin July 22, 2009 at 11:43 AMLogin to Reply →

Hi Mervyn,

You fix them by any methods
    1. Brazing
    2. Neatly tie up with wire gauge

It doesnt go out of shape if you fix them properly in place.

• Girishbabu D Uppin July 22, 2009 at 11:44 AMLogin to Reply →

Better to tie up with wire gauge,, again ECO sense :)

• Noni November 30, 2009 at 12:12 PMLogin to Reply →

HAHAHAHA
    that’s funny!
    but it’s still okay.
    love it! ;)

• Sidney Tenore February 7, 2011 at 17:18 PMLogin to Reply →

This is a very intriguing post, I was looking for this info. Just so you know I discovered your weblog when I was checking for blogs like mine, so please check out my site sometime and leave me a comment to let me know what you think.