Freshome
Home Ideas : Design Ideas, Pictures, Unique Products and Inspiration Table Made from a Wind Sheild and Bicycle Rims

Table Made from a Wind Sheild and Bicycle Rims

Designed by Girishbabu Uppin this glass and metal table is made from scraps of vehicles like wind shields and bicycle rims. I never thought that from two bicycle rims, and a wind shield someone can make a piece of furniture that actually looks good. This design is a great example for those people who throw away all kind of stuff after they use it for about an year or so. Don’t throw things, away …think a little and you might end up with a creative solution like this interesting table. – Via – Ecofriend

table materials Table Made from a Wind Sheild and Bicycle Rims parts table Table Made from a Wind Sheild and Bicycle Rims

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

8 responses to “Table Made from a Wind Sheild and Bicycle Rims” - Add yours!

1. RB said:
    May 31, 2008

Nice! Anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where none can see a similar table made by Kramer?

2. Dobie said:
    June 5, 2008

Ah! a wonderfully obscure Seinfeld reference.
    Also check out Resource Revival (.com?) for more bicycle part furniture and do-dads

3. February 10, 2009

Thanks Michael, for posting my design, this was
    my design school assignment.

4. Mervyn said:
    July 16, 2009

Quite cool! am working on some furniture out of old cycle parts.
    How did you get the rim to stay after cutting it. Dose it go out of shape?

5. Girishbabu D Uppin said:
    July 22, 2009

Hi Mervyn,

You fix them by any methods
    1. Brazing
    2. Neatly tie up with wire gauge

It doesnt go out of shape if you fix them properly in place.

6. Girishbabu D Uppin said:
    July 22, 2009

Better to tie up with wire gauge,, again ECO sense :)

7. Noni said:
    November 30, 2009

HAHAHAHA
    that’s funny!
    but it’s still okay.
    love it! ;)

8. February 7, 2011

This is a very intriguing post, I was looking for this info. Just so you know I discovered your weblog when I was checking for blogs like mine, so please check out my site sometime and leave me a comment to let me know what you think.

One Trackback

1. By Furniture » Blog Archive » Table Made from a Wind Sheild and Bicycle Rims on May 29, 2008

[...] View original here: Table Made from a Wind Sheild and Bicycle Rims [...]