Furniture with Lots of Drawers and Unusual Shape
Furniture

Furniture with Lots of Drawers and Unusual Shape

Advertising

I’ve discovered these pieces of furniture with a really unusual shape for a piece of furniture when I saw a report on Cuban art on Frontline/World earlier this week. They mainly focused on the work of Los Carpinteros, a group of two Cuban contemporary artists. From the pieces created by these artists the most interesting and in the same time unusual pieces of furniture were the grenade-jewelry case and the hands with all the drawers. In a few words a piece of furniture like this could be described as an object made from drawers. Finnaly I’m pretty sure that you’ll not see designs like these in production, and they are just concepts.

• soheicube linkpost May 21, 2008 at 03:44 AM Login to Reply →

変な形をしたタンスのアイデア…

置き場所に困りますね〜
    そしてなにより、どう使えばいいのか迷うところ。
    妙な威圧感がありそうです。
    Furniture with Lots of Drawers and Unusual Shape [via freshome]
    ……

• Murat May 21, 2008 at 12:49 PM Login to Reply →

I actually think the grenade design looks convenient enough to go into production, although I wouldn’t buy it.

• taylor L August 29, 2008 at 13:15 PM Login to Reply →

I would definitely buy that!!! ya boi

• MEEP October 13, 2008 at 03:52 AM Login to Reply →

i dont like the grenade so much because its all war-ish but the hand is really cool and if they could do that with more everyday things like a purse or sumthin, it would be really cool

• Dana March 9, 2009 at 11:14 AM Login to Reply →

There are quite unusal piece of furniture. the numerous drawers might help keep loads og tiny accessories itemized!

• orly December 29, 2010 at 05:54 AM Login to Reply →

i wish to buy the shest with the many kinds of drawers the first one obove but it seems i cant. you dont trade with other counties?
    i am from Israel