Add a Secret Passage in Your Home
Ideas

Add a Secret Passage in Your Home

I’m pretty sure that when you were a little kid you always wanted a secret passage in your home. Just pull a favourite book from your library shelf and watch a cabinet section recess to reveal a hidden passageway, or twist a candlestick and your fireplace rotates, granting access to a hidden room how cool is that ? Creative Home Engineering can make most of those wishes come true. Pretty much anything you’ve seen in the movies can be yours, according to the site, and anything that your mind can come up with. Now in these pictures below you can see a few of their works, I love the staircase idea.

• scaffolding March 25, 2008 at 02:36 AM Login to Reply →

there’s a good story about this here:

• Michael March 25, 2008 at 07:06 AM Login to Reply →

scaffolding – Thanks for the link, anything helpful is higly appreciate.

• Friday Feed Bag April 4, 2008 at 22:33 PM Login to Reply →

[...] Need a secret passage in your home? Or just want to have a way to trap yourself in the finished basement when the power goes out? Freshome has the scoop. [...]

• [...] via | freshome.com [...]

• Friday Feed Bag April 19, 2008 at 00:37 AM Login to Reply →

• Jennifer Hart May 7, 2008 at 16:39 PM Login to Reply →

I was just showing a home in a wonderful community called Belterra in Austin, Texas. The home was built by a local builder, Streetman Homes.

We were walking around the home and went into one of the kids rooms, walked in the closet and noticed a bookshelf that looked a little open, pushed forward and found a long storage or play space a little kid would love to have! The space was from the staircase that would not have been accessible from any where else in the home. Instead of a empty space the family can now have a play space.

• Megan September 17, 2008 at 07:46 AM Login to Reply →

I bought a door from “Hide A Door” in Humble, Texas. The door was great, it hid a closet in a studio in D.C.

The customer service however left much to be desired. I paid some 200+ to have it delivered. I lived on the 2nd floor of a building downtown. The door was delivered while I was away on business. I found it in a crate in the lobby of my building. I’d asked them to contact my building manager specifically, to have him let them in to my apt. and leave it there. When I contacted them, they said the delivery person that worked for the company with whom they’d contracted, had only one man there to deliver this 300 pound package..so they simply left it. I had to have my two brothers do what I’d paid 200 dollars to do. Upon complaint to Hide A Door, I was told that I’d receive at LEAST a partial refund. I called and called and called and got the run around. There are TONS of companies that sell these doors, do not buy from them. Co-owner Krystal Strong is not reputable.

• MEEP October 13, 2008 at 00:04 AM Login to Reply →

i want one!

• jon macvean July 31, 2010 at 14:24 PM Login to Reply →

looking for books on secret passages underground tunnels secret rooms thanks jon macvean

• Kenzie September 12, 2010 at 01:31 AM Login to Reply →

Bro this is tight I set it up to hide a pot room cause I’m on probation and when the cops showed up for a “random house check” they never thought to open a book case and it hid the smell. 5stars

• Anztrell Dela Cruz June 3, 2011 at 09:14 AM Login to Reply →

hello, im from the philippines and im planning to have something like that in my future house, where could i can find filipinos/nearby engineer who could help me plan my house?