Freshome

NNi Haus by Akitoshi Ukai

The NNI HAUS is designed by Akitoshi Ukai (AUAU) and is located in Kiyosu, Japan . This residence is built in the northwest of a block. It is the house of an L type plan built to the minimum site. A white wall makes a cut in one sheet of paper, and is bent and made according to the form of a block. Complicated form is produced though it is a simple technique in doing so. If this residence is seen walking along outside, the form is changed slowly. A great example of modern architecture, but as I can see from the picture there is only a small windows, so I think is quite dark inside, and the white color might look good, but only a while because the pollution will make it darker very quickly.

nni haus 001 NNi Haus by Akitoshi Ukai nni haus 007 NNi Haus by Akitoshi Ukai nni haus 014 NNi Haus by Akitoshi Ukai

nni haus 012 NNi Haus by Akitoshi Ukai

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

7 responses to “NNi Haus by Akitoshi Ukai” - Add yours!

1. Gentry said:
    January 10, 2008

I never, ever post negatively about a designers work because everything is subjective, but wow, this is horrible.

Why would anyone want to live in a prison? Light is our friend.

2. Andrew said:
    January 10, 2008

I agree with you about the lack of light. On a positive note, I love the minimalist interior.

3. Spore said:
    January 10, 2008

It does kind of feels lie a prison.

4. addy said:
    January 11, 2008

Does anybody know about this site ( http://www.earthlab.com ) ? I have seen other environmental sites with carbon calculators like yahoo and tree huggers, but I am wondering what the deal with earthlab.com is? I saw they also published a list last month of the top ten greenest cities ( http://www.efficientenergy.org/Top-Ten-Green-Cities-in-the-United-States ). Does anyone know if this site is better than the others? Fill me in!

I took their carbon foot print test and it was pretty interesting, they said that I put out 4.5 tons of carbon, does anyone know about any other tests?

5. Maja said:
    January 12, 2008

Hey,
    I believe author used Solatube,
    so there just might be plenty of daylight inthere,
    check it out on http://www.solatube.com (or http://www.solatube.yourcountry).
    Building still looks kind of dull and lifeless, in my opinion.

6. Gentry said:
    January 14, 2008

Sola tubes might provide lighting, but that is a far cry from being able to look out a window. That is why people who sit in cubicles all day are generally unhappy.

I need windows to see the vistas around me.

7. Elaine said:
    November 9, 2010

I would love to think that there is a great source of light up at the top, some sort of roof lights or perhaps an open central courtyard, where natural light does penetrate into this house from above!