NNi Haus by Akitoshi Ukai
Architecture

NNi Haus by Akitoshi Ukai

The NNI HAUS is designed by Akitoshi Ukai (AUAU) and is located in Kiyosu, Japan . This residence is built in the northwest of a block. It is the house of an L type plan built to the minimum site. A white wall makes a cut in one sheet of paper, and is bent and made according to the form of a block. Complicated form is produced though it is a simple technique in doing so. If this residence is seen walking along outside, the form is changed slowly. A great example of modern architecture, but as I can see from the picture there is only a small windows, so I think is quite dark inside, and the white color might look good, but only a while because the pollution will make it darker very quickly.

• Gentry January 10, 2008 at 15:29 PM Login to Reply →

I never, ever post negatively about a designers work because everything is subjective, but wow, this is horrible.

Why would anyone want to live in a prison? Light is our friend.

• Andrew January 10, 2008 at 21:54 PM Login to Reply →

I agree with you about the lack of light. On a positive note, I love the minimalist interior.

• Spore January 10, 2008 at 23:50 PM Login to Reply →

It does kind of feels lie a prison.

• addy January 11, 2008 at 19:51 PM Login to Reply →

Does anybody know about this site ( http://www.earthlab.com ) ? I have seen other environmental sites with carbon calculators like yahoo and tree huggers, but I am wondering what the deal with earthlab.com is? I saw they also published a list last month of the top ten greenest cities ( http://www.efficientenergy.org/Top-Ten-Green-Cities-in-the-United-States ). Does anyone know if this site is better than the others? Fill me in!

I took their carbon foot print test and it was pretty interesting, they said that I put out 4.5 tons of carbon, does anyone know about any other tests?

• Maja January 12, 2008 at 15:59 PM Login to Reply →

Hey,
    I believe author used Solatube,
    so there just might be plenty of daylight inthere,
    check it out on http://www.solatube.com (or http://www.solatube.yourcountry).
    Building still looks kind of dull and lifeless, in my opinion.

• Gentry January 14, 2008 at 12:27 PM Login to Reply →

Sola tubes might provide lighting, but that is a far cry from being able to look out a window. That is why people who sit in cubicles all day are generally unhappy.

I need windows to see the vistas around me.

• Elaine November 9, 2010 at 02:18 AM Login to Reply →

I would love to think that there is a great source of light up at the top, some sort of roof lights or perhaps an open central courtyard, where natural light does penetrate into this house from above!