Freshome
Home Apartments Design Ideas, Pictures and Decor How to Soundproof Your Apartment

How to Soundproof Your Apartment

Do you like to listen music at high volume, throw a lot of noisy parties, or anything that is to loud for your neighbors ? If your answer is “Yes” then you might do something or your neighbors will do something you reall don’t want. Wired Magazine gathered the data you need to soundproof your apartment from a real experience of a couple how just moved into a new home, and had this problem. The woman is a professional percussionist and with so much noise they really needed to soundproof their apartment.

sound proof How to Soundproof Your Apartment

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

7 responses to “How to Soundproof Your Apartment” - Add yours!

1. varun said:
    January 2, 2008

such a amazing home

2. dj said:
    November 16, 2008

I live in an apt in brooklyn, new york and unfortunately live under someone who stomps on his floors (meaning my bedroom ceiling) day in and night. I want to soundproof my bedroom ceiling against this noise. I’ve complained to management about this but since learned since I’m a ‘long=time renter” it behooves management to sit on my complaint (hoping I move) rather than do anything about the problem. But I cannot afford to move so here is where I stay. I would like to be put in touch with someone who can soundproof my bedroom or at least be given the name of a company who does it. Thanks!

3. mike said:
    March 4, 2009

move

4. Joana C said:
    April 13, 2010

I had a similar problem like ‘dj’ in my apartment. After years of me struggling and collecting information on soundproofing, I finally got my wall done with QuietRock and I am so happy . Now I have a noise free room. My neighbors thought for some months that I have left the apartment :) It was only later they found out that I have soundproofed the wall and I am glad I did that.
    Kind of late though but I hope ‘Dj’ you have done something like that.

5. Kendrick R said:
    April 28, 2010

Hi Joana,

Was the QuietRock applied post construction? How did you do it? Any Info will be helpful, thanks!

6. Chris said:
    August 11, 2010

Interesting. I did some research on QuietRock and it looks like it can go on over your current drywall! No tear-up needed.

Kendrick – Check out their site: http://www.quietrock.com/

I’m going to have to try them out. Thanks Joana!

7. Ava said:
    August 28, 2010

Chris, I just looked at the sight and I do not see where it says you can use it on existing drywall. Can you point me to that section of the website? Thanks!