Freshome

Living Room Decorating Ideas

Your living room will be a place for family or friends to sit and visit, so a special effort should be made to create a comfortable harmonious environment. Usually this is the first room you see upon entering your home, it is also a room that must show well and in most cases carry more than one function such as a playroom, office and even a dining room. If you would like to see more pictures you can check our previous posts : 26 Wonderful Living Room Design Ideas, ,Living Room Furniture, Living Room Inspiration.

living room decor Living Room Decorating Ideas living room decorating2 Living Room Decorating Ideas living room decorating ideas Living Room Decorating Ideas

living room inspiration Living Room Decorating Ideas living room decorating Living Room Decorating Ideas

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

37 responses to “Living Room Decorating Ideas” - Add yours!

1. December 10, 2007

You have some great ideas here. I completely agree, it’s vital for a living room to be a comfortable, harmonious environment!

2. Andrew said:
    December 10, 2007

Amazing spaces here. Seating is soo important in the living room!

3. Mark said:
    December 15, 2007

I like the modern style. Usually when I decorate a place I love to personalize the room with small items. I have seen that you used pottery to harmonize colors. Were did you find these ones? My favorite websites are: justartpottery.com ansetapottery.com designhandlung.com

4. ioni said:
    February 24, 2008

Although these are perfect for most people – I need a place for my books…

5. deepak said:
    August 22, 2008

My living room is very small 10 X 12, so please advice to me some idea with snap,I make beautiful home,Please help me

6. yen said:
    February 27, 2009

It’s amazing. I wish i could have a living like that.

7. Pete said:
    September 11, 2009

I like the last photo, looks very comfy!

8. binu said:
    September 24, 2009

i like this site very much, rooms are designed very well

-b’nu-
    architect

9. oddo said:
    September 26, 2009

natural light!more like it

10. Carpet Cleaning Edinburgh said:
    September 27, 2009

gorgeous looking rooms

11. vanita said:
    September 30, 2009

i like all picturs of living room.
    i am bca student from pune. i want do mini project as a practice on interior decoration . plz give me ideas abt it. plz help me urgenty.i am crazy abt interior decoration.

12. October 2, 2009

this is great ideas for home decorating, nice!

13. November 2, 2009

Very usefull information, good tips. Thank u for that

14. November 11, 2009

The 3th photo is amazing

15. myOpiumDeco said:
    January 6, 2010

It just cant be better than this!!!!! Awesome ideas

16. March 1, 2010

I like all the rooms – except the first, although the natural light there is fabulous. Perhaps it’s just a poor photo, but it doesn’t seem to me that the central feature (the lighting fixture) is in any way integrated elsewhere. A one-off is fine, but there should be some kind of cohesiveness shown.

17. Karl said:
    April 17, 2010

I think these rooms are awful. I can’t imagine sitting there, or entertaining friends.

Consider the living room #1: one couch facing a blank wall in a huge room. Living room #3: painfully offset in relation to the architectural columns and window. #4: blocks the windows, the best architectural feature of the room. #5:who would sit in that ridiculous wicker bench? #2 is the clear winner I’d live in.

The only nice room is the modern woody

18. areeba said:
    August 28, 2010

hi i loved the 3rd one looks comfy and im sure it is cozy
    i love it

19. Anne M. Waweru said:
    September 29, 2010

I like the 3rd one its beautiful and the colours are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. leili said:
    October 4, 2010

it is very good….thanks
    architect

21. forough said:
    October 8, 2010

very nice

22. Dekorasyon said:
    October 8, 2010

Good ideas. i try some in my living room… Thank you

23. October 16, 2010

very nice post thank you dude…

24. rifendy said:
    October 25, 2010

Great living room….

25. October 30, 2010

It’s always great to see good design. Two of the most striking things that I see in those examples are that all of the rooms have great natural light and are clutter free. Regardless of their taste in decor, everyone can achieve a great looking room by focusing on those two traits. Both make an environment warmer and more welcoming.

26. October 31, 2010

I love the playful curves in the living room! The windows are scrumptious, too. Excellent job.

27. Chrissy said:
    November 3, 2010

Beautiful pictures and stunning design ideas. I have to say my favorite is the 3rd picture. The furniture looks inviting and warm. The colours used are also warm, I love the natrual feel. The detailing on the wall colums bring in a classic look and the carpet ties it together with a more modern feel. Definitly a look I would use in my home and one I would suggest to some of my clients with similar taste.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures and ideas. All the looks range, showing home owners how to bring in a style and design of thier own.

I’m looking forward to seeing more posts in the future!

Chrissy :)

28. November 9, 2010

I like warmth in a living room. It should portray a sense of family and that people actually live in the space. I shudder when I see cold and minimalist living rooms.

29. handri said:
    November 17, 2010

GOOD ARTICLE. . I LIKE IT

30. joomla company said:
    November 17, 2010

nice to see this photo. i have plan to do my room like this.

31. web centre said:
    November 17, 2010

nice room decoration. i have room just @ 10X10 we can do room like this

32. November 20, 2010

The natural creams and earth tones go well with hot climates, useful for villa designs.

33. lernzki said:
    December 13, 2010

i really like it

34. SLR Digital Camera said:
    February 5, 2011

All of these rooms were warm and I liked them very much. The creams and earthy tones, I have to agree with the earlier comment, go very well in warm climates. I live is Spain and would definitely choose something like these color palates to renovate my living room.

35. Catalogs said:
    February 28, 2011

I’ve been browsing online more than hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.

36. ranil ravi said:
    March 16, 2011

very nice….

37. carol said:
    April 15, 2011

fab designs those are.can we get more on a single room that would act both as a bedroom and a living room?

3 Trackbacks

1. By Freshome Reader Help: Needs Ideas for Kitchen & Living Room | Stylish Home Design on October 2, 2010

[...] Living Room Decorating Ideas [...]

2. [...] pqpilar. sinlimites. decoraciondeinteriores. freshome. decoratingcolorschemes. Tags: decoración, decoracion interior, Detalles, Ideas, living, [...]

3. [...] think that when you are searching for a new look for your living room, the more pictures you see the more clearly you know how your dream home will look like. So here is [...]